Bee Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Well, the bag says Barry, it looks like Barry and it sounds like Barry. Methinks it is Barry. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 31st, 2007, 5:28 pm

Re: DreamWorks/JK

If anyone hears anything about this:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/071028/43/6mi7i.html

It's really not as big a deal as they make it out to be. As the article said both parties got overexcited, and apologized afterward. I think he just had an off day (everyone does) and words were exchanged, etc....I've never read of him doing ANYTHING like that before.

Also, I saw him in a public setting myself, (during the Shrek preview screening) and he could not have been any more polite, decent, and respectful to the "regular people" who were interacting with him.

I realize that something like this might cause people to tear into him....I'm not going to say anything, but you might want to think about what I said.

I love DreamWorks Animation, and even though they may going through a rough time right now, I really think they'll come out OK.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 31st, 2007, 5:31 pm

I hate to say it, but somehow it doesn't surprise me that he acted that way.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 1st, 2007, 3:49 pm

Has anyone noticed that Bee Movie has a huge competitor this Friday?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 1st, 2007, 5:18 pm

Code Horror wrote:Has anyone noticed that Bee Movie has a huge competitor this Friday?
If you mean the gangster picture, or the mushy John Cusack daddy picture whose suspense-free trailer we've had to suffer through since February, you're darn tootin' we haven't noticed. :P

Fortunately, early Variety/Reuters reviews paint it as the "most boring Dreamworks movie since SharkTale", and that's from reviewers who DO care that Jerry Seinfeld made a cartoon.
(Most kids don't.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 1st, 2007, 6:39 pm

Daniel wrote:Well, the bag says Barry, it looks like Barry and it sounds like Barry. Methinks it is Barry. ;)
Oh,just checked the website and you're right,it is him.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 1st, 2007, 7:05 pm

Naturally.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 1st, 2007, 9:14 pm

K, guys...we've moved on from talking about the free meal toys.

Let's talk the MOVIE...! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 1st, 2007, 10:22 pm

Your just jealous! ;)

I've been hearing mixed reviews. Mostly negative. :(

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 1st, 2007, 10:38 pm

As much as I like Seinfeld, but Bee Movie was bound to be B for bad.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 1st, 2007, 11:20 pm

The animation students at school were given the chance to see Bee Movie this morning... I couldn't go because I had no way to get there. There was surprisingly little buzz (aw crud, wasn't planning on a pun, too :P) about it in my classes this afternoon. A couple people were talking about a scene they thought was funny but I heard very little otherwise. So I figure it's probably a solid "meh" - maybe not quite a steaming pile (at least, not rant-worthy), but certainly nothing special.

Of course, I'll probably see it eventually - dollar theater, perhaps. I love Jerry Seinfeld but the previews just haven't really sold me on it.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 2nd, 2007, 9:03 am

It seems Seinfeld and DWs themselves are ready to take a knock on this one, from what I've been reading/hearing.

Expectations of Shrek, Shark Tale or even Madagascar have been greatly reduced. As others have been saying here, which kid cares if it's Jerry Seinfeld as a bee?

DWs major problem is that they want to make edgy, young adult sophisticated comedies - a goal for Katzenberg since Aladdin was a big hit with teenagers and up - but they can't let go of the kid grip completely.

So they get the middle ground where kids don't care about the voices and the adults/parents don't care for the simple plots.

They need to go all out with a clever, witty, warm ADULT comedy, and dispense with trying to be too "hip" every time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 2nd, 2007, 4:04 pm

The local paper gave it a 10 out of 10...Then again, they gave Open Season an 8, while Surf's Up only scored a 6.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » November 2nd, 2007, 11:56 pm

Jerry, it pains me to say this because I love you to death, but I give Bee Movie a C. It's funny and cute, but
the plane landing scene was completely farfetched. The strength of a million bees does not equal that of Superman.
:|

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 3rd, 2007, 12:17 am

PixarVixen wrote:It's funny and cute, but
the plane landing scene was completely farfetched. The strength of a million bees does not equal that of Superman.
:|

~~=oP
George Costanza: What?