Bee Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » November 3rd, 2007, 12:31 am

Hahahaha. Must I explain?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 3rd, 2007, 12:45 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Hahahaha. Must I explain?

~~=oP
Well the thing is, that spoiler sounded way too stupid.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » November 3rd, 2007, 1:08 pm

Ahh, yes.
And pollination does not revive dying flowers and trees to perfect health within a matter of seconds.
Again...:|

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 3rd, 2007, 1:11 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Ahh, yes.
And pollination does not revive dying flowers and trees to perfect health within a matter of seconds.
Again...:|

~~=oP
Nobody who worked on Bee Movie never bothered to do research did they?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 3rd, 2007, 3:15 pm

I don't think so. I mean, the movie even goes as far as to say bees can talk in the English language and sound like Jerry Seinfeld.

Everyone knows they only speak Batchi.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Lindsay » November 3rd, 2007, 3:31 pm

I concur with PixarVixen. There were far too many elements within the films that were... incredibly disjointed, at best. The humans' implicit acceptance of bees speaking perfect English, the entire plane landing scene, the sprinkling of any random pollen over any random flower to miraculously revive them (that got a big :roll: from me), the complete disregard for entomologic facts of real bee social structure (i.e. the workers are all sterile females, with only a small percentage of lazy male drones, etc.) - I could go on and on.

Aside from a solid and entertaining story, a film needs to practice the plausible impossible. Several aspects of Bee Movie out and out violate that important rule, and it really throws the viewer off as a result. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 3rd, 2007, 6:35 pm

Swear on evidence, I'm not exaggerating, here:

When I'd first read in a column that Dreamworks was making this, I'd actually thought the columnist was slipping in his own editorial satire dig against DW's inspirationlessly cannibalizing unoriginality, their neurotic dependence on name stars, and their complete out-of-touch sitcom-headedness with what an audience under 12 wanted to see, and salting old Woody Allen "Antz" wounds to it, just to be nasty:
Ie., "Yeah, next Dreamworks's going to exercise its juices and break out with something REALLY creative, like a bee movie with Jerry Seinfeld! :P "

(I'd never been more disappointed to find out a film actually existed--
Why'd they have to go and ruin a perfect killer gag like that?) :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CharlieBarkin » November 3rd, 2007, 6:38 pm

Hey, its DreamWorks. Anything for a quick buck.

I am so glad Eisner didn't give Katzenberg the top job after Frank Wells died. Probably the only good decision he ever made.
"The difference between insanity and genius, is measured only by success"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 3rd, 2007, 7:07 pm

Saw it yesterday and thought it was alright. Not DreamWorks' best animated film by any means, but certainly not their worst, either (that title goes to "Shrek the Third").

The animation was great. Many will probably complain that it's not realistic enough, but I loved the look. Very "Cartoony", and more importantly, very smooth.

The storyline was a little crazy. Sometimes it worked brilliantly, but there were times when they just went a little too far (gags like the cow at the end). Also, many of the funniest jokes were in the first 45 minutes, which may be a sign that Jerry doesn't know how to keep a gag going for a full 90 minutes (of course, I never actually watched "Seinfeld", so maybe I'm not one to judge his brand of humor).

I will say that I ADORED Vanessa. Oh, my God, Renne Zellweger should voice a character in every animated movie. I wish she had been in the movie more.

Anyway, I hate to have to use another bee joke here, but I'd give this movie a solid 'B'.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Banned
Banned

Post by Remy » November 3rd, 2007, 9:36 pm

It looks like a good movie, I want to see it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 4th, 2007, 2:21 am

Maybe its like MTR, where if you see it again you like it more? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by K3vin » November 4th, 2007, 9:52 am

The movie opens on December 12th in France but I'm not going to see it. The promotion only around Jerry Seinfeld annoyed me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 4th, 2007, 10:24 am

That's the spirit,K3vin :D.
Altought i like Bee Movie and it might be one of my favorite Dreamworks movie (it's reminds me of Shark Tale only with bees) but Barry won't beat Giselle in the box office! :evil:.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2007, 9:06 am

Wow. "American Gangster" beat the bees:

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 5th, 2007, 10:36 am

No surprise. Denzel and Crowe in a Ridley Scott movie? Bee Movie was going to need a LOT more of a draw than just Jerry Seinfeld to pull in the borderliners.

I think Bee Movie may have longer legs though...its true test will be how much it drops next week.