"Happily N'Ever After"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

"Happily N'Ever After"

Post by Dacey » November 9th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Okay. Where did THIS movie come from?

So far it looks like "Shrek" with a much-smaller budget. It would seem that Lionsgate is aiming for "Hoodwinked"-style success here, though the January 5th release date seems extremely unwise.

Generally, I'm not sure what to think about the film at this point, but I will say this: Casting Patrick Warburton as a bumbling prince is ingenious.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 9th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Is it just me or is Patrick Warborton in EVERY animated movie nowadays? :wink: :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 9th, 2006, 5:39 pm

You have a point there, but I can't complain. He's always so funny.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Matt » November 9th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Well it is made by Vanguard, the studio behind Valiant. Valiant was a decent film, the animation was alright, though this film just doesn't look that good, it looks like it sat in a vault for years before they could find a studio to release it. The animation looks like it's from a staight to video release from 97 or something, and the plot is something we've seen before in CG films. I'll check it out, but I'll probably wait till it comes out on dvd. At least the title is kinda cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » November 10th, 2006, 5:38 am

...umh

Does anyone else (but me) thinks that this movie has some of the most awful colors ever shown on the big screen...?

Batman & Robin doesn't count! :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2006, 11:31 am

This film has been sitting around for a couple of years now, but not on a shelf...it was only recently completed fully.

I heard about this sometime before Shrek 2 and I think we even posted on it here a few times around then.

Didn't Hoodwinked come out early in the year? That did nothing but help its box office fortunes...I think they'll make a tidy mint on this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 10th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Didn't the teaser show up a few months or a year ago?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » November 11th, 2006, 8:40 am

I saw the trailer for this recently...it looks abysmal and it'll probably fit its title...after coming out of a screening of it, I most likely won't be happy after. Reasons...

1. Andy Dick provides his windpipes to this picture.

2. The colours are all a mish-mash and are really confusing to the eye.

3. The animation just isn't all that great. It looks pretty stiff and souless and seems to imply that computer animation is a bad form of animation.

4. The whole "satirical fairy tale" genre is wearing a bit thin. We've had two (and soon to be three) installments of the Shrek saga, as well as spin-offs for that movie, Disney's own Chicken Little (not exactly a classic story spoof a la Shrek, but still an extremely wacky take on a classic tale), Hoodwinked, a Wizard of Oz spoof on Futurama, various Simpsons specials (George Cauldron, anyone?) and now this. By this point in time, Happily Never After just looks unoriginal and frankly pointless. I'm just hoping the folks over at Disney haven't made Enchanted a Shrek clone...
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 11th, 2006, 9:28 am

Meg wrote:Didn't the teaser show up a few months or a year ago?
Yes, the teaser was reported July 29, 2005.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 1st, 2007, 6:36 pm

Well, I just saw the official trailer along with Charlotte's Web I believe, and it looks pretty corny. It has the most unoriginal plot I've ever seen.... :P

Uli already posted a link to the site, but here it is again, if anyone wants to have a look: Happily N'Ever After

So far....I'm not liking the looks of it. As much as I like purple, there is just too much of it. Like Uli said, the colors are horrible. :P

However, amidst all of the confusion, I must admit that I have a certain fondess for Mambo:

Isn't he adorable? (snigger)
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 1st, 2007, 7:58 pm

He's ok ;)

I've seen a lot of commercials recently, and so far, I don't like the movie. It looks weired, and doesn't look to good.

I like the villain, though! She looks evil, and I like her laugh :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 1st, 2007, 11:21 pm

Daniel Jake - That makes two of us. However, I'll probably still go to see it, even if it bombs. :P

So you like Frieda, huh? She reminds me of the evil villian from Bartok the Magnificent (her name escapes me...).

And as for the whole Mambo thing: I'm a girl. You wouldn't understand. (snigger) ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 1st, 2007, 11:29 pm

Sorry, that's one sequel/original movie I don't remember :oops:

Yeah, from what I've seen of Frieda, she looks cool. No Disney villain, but still :P

I'll take your word on that than ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 2nd, 2007, 2:39 pm

Happliy N'Ever After could do very well in the Hoodwinked slot it's ostensibly in...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 2nd, 2007, 3:42 pm

Daniel Jake - Heheh -- that sequel was actually more of a prequel: a take on Don Bluth's Anastasia. It was actually quite funny, even though I hated it. ;)

Ben - Ha -- yeah, you're probably right. I bet the little kids will beg their parents to see it, especially the girls. There's not much out for children these days, so this film might generate a little income....