The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 10th, 2009, 4:31 pm

So no one spotted this yet? I altered the parts to b/w to make it clear. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 10th, 2009, 4:44 pm

OMG, welcome back, Jeroen!! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 10th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Welcome back indeed! And a terrific find...very nice nods to the film's two directors. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 11th, 2009, 3:52 am

Good to be back actually!! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 11th, 2009, 9:44 am

Well, Jerry Beck loved the first half-hour of the film. Sounds promising!

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/first ... -frog.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » September 11th, 2009, 11:08 am

Jeroen wrote:So no one spotted this yet? I altered the parts to b/w to make it clear. :)
Oh wow, I totally didn't notice that - that is amazing! :D

About the farting jokes - I agree that they make me cringe a little :S. Not really my cup of tea, and even though I'm not really familiar with Cajuns' portrayal in the media (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Gambit, who is a badass :P), I read a little about the controversy surrounding Ray, and I must say that I still haven't really warmed up to the character =/.

The trailer is stunning - I love how Tiana and Naveen 'kiss' by getting their tongues stuck and then literally slamming into one another :P. It reminds me of Lady and the Tramp for some reason :P.

What I find curious is why they'd mention that this is the kind of magic which happens 'when you wish upon a star' when they seem to be making a big deal out of Tiana being the kind of girl who wouldn't do something like that :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » September 11th, 2009, 11:48 am

Apparently, Tiana does wish upon a star, as her father always gave that advice, but he also said that you have to work hard, too. :D It says that in a newly-released feature on the Disney home page.

And in regards to the so-called "farting", they showed that whole scene where Ray meets Tiana and Naveen on the Disney Channel and in that un-altered scene, it's only a tiny squeak. So, it's obviously been altered to appeal to...I don't know what demographic to be honest.

And the butt expanding bit makes more sense in context, but it's also not a fart joke from those who read the leaked Princess and the Frog storybook.

And I don't see why people are making such a fuss about farts in a Disney film as if it's in response to Shrek. Does nobody remember Pumbaa in The Lion King? A fair amount of his jokes center around his flatulence problem (heck, there's a whole section of the "Hakuna Matata" song devoted to it) and Timon and Pumbaa are often cited as the best Disney sidekicks.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 11th, 2009, 1:34 pm

But that was before farting too off, as it were. Now it's just a cheap way to get a laugh, or not.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » September 12th, 2009, 7:00 pm

I thought the release date was the 11th of December. Why does it say Holiday Season now? Was that changed?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » September 12th, 2009, 7:44 pm

The wide release is still December 11. It's getting a limited release in New York and Los Angeles on November 25.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 12th, 2009, 11:01 pm

And, with Peter Jackson's "The Lovely Bones" now only getting a limited release on that day, the film should be able to win the weekend without any trouble at all. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » September 13th, 2009, 8:31 am

I'm not very keen on flatulence jokes either - but I do like the movie, so far. I WANNA SEE IT.

NOW.

December 11? Ten days after my birthday :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » September 14th, 2009, 8:52 pm

I really want to see it on the preview day (because that is during my winter break and I'll be in NYC) but it's $30. O.O Is it worth it?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2009, 6:30 am

<I>Of course it is!</I>

Until you see it and it doesn't live up to your expectations. But you takes your chances...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » September 15th, 2009, 10:43 pm

I think I'm going to try and schedule to go. Now all I have to do is find someone to go with. >.>