The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 26th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Rumors are saying that the trailer would be attached to bolt... I just hope the poster has this on it.

"from the directors of the little mermaid and aladdin"

"And the composer of Toy Story"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 26th, 2009, 8:23 pm

^ Inevitable. ^
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 26th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Whats that supossed to mean Neal?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 26th, 2009, 8:28 pm

Darkblade wrote:the poster has this on it.

"from the directors of the little mermaid and aladdin"

"And the composer of Toy Story"
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 26th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Sorry to do this but can anyone else read my posts. I made one between Neal's kabosh and Darkblade's poster idea. I can see it when I hit reply, but I can't see it in the actual thread. Just wondering if I'm going mad?

I have no doubt that The Princess And The Frog will mention that it's from the team that made The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. And I'm sure it will also mention that it has new music from Academy Award winning composer Randy Newman.

Which brings me to another thought I had. Will Newman's score be ineligble for Oscar consideration since it is for a musical. I imagine he will incoprate the song tunes into the score. Cause Menken's Enchanted score was ruled ineligble for that reason since it appears some people were complaing that he was winning Score for the songs and not the actual music.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 26th, 2009, 8:42 pm

I cannot see them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 26th, 2009, 10:31 pm

Thanks Neal, well what was in my post that disappeared was:
Somehow I'm not surprised, but that is kind of a dumb decision on Disney's part. Pinocchio is going to be one of those must have DVD/BD's so would it not be wise to promote one of the most anticipated movies of the year!?
Just like I think it was very foolish for Disney not to include a sneak peek of The Princess And The Frog in the credits of the Oscars, but they happily gave footage of G-Force?? What a nice way to tell the non-animated/online fans that there is a new traditionally animated movie coming out. Oh well at least we know about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 27th, 2009, 6:22 am

Look what I found!:

Althought she say something about them when they"re frogs....
Anyway I can't wait,I"m definitely buying that Tiana doll,one of the plushies (Thought they seems to come together) and a PEZ.
Edit:Wow,they"re already selling costumes!:
http://www.anytimecostumes.com/ecommerc ... =005650576
I"m glad to see merchandise now but I don't know if the small will dress up as Tiana already,because the movie wasn't released it so they won't know it's "The Princess from the new movie".
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » February 27th, 2009, 11:46 am

In the top right corner, you can see a SLIGHT snippet of footage from the movie, right after the preview of Snow White. You can see the animated logo, the parade and a bit of a typical New Orleans Steam Boat on the river...

Can't WAIT for the trailer!!! She should have filmed the screen instead of the dolls LOL

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 27th, 2009, 12:18 pm

It wasn't cocnept arts? it might be from the new trailer,and I heard there will be a new trailer.
I also wonder if that Snow White preview is the trailer from the Pinocchio Platinum Edition.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » February 27th, 2009, 2:43 pm

Bill1978 wrote:Which brings me to another thought I had. Will Newman's score be ineligble for Oscar consideration since it is for a musical. I imagine he will incoprate the song tunes into the score. Cause Menken's Enchanted score was ruled ineligble for that reason since it appears some people were complaing that he was winning Score for the songs and not the actual music.
We'll have to wait and see what the ruling will be on this one. Typically, I think there's a certain number of minutes the composer will have to have non-vocal score in the movie. Otherwise, he can go for best song. One does not cancel the other one out though. Slumdog Millionaire this year was up for both score and song - the same composer was up for both awards.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 27th, 2009, 11:01 pm

Indeed we will wait and see but considering the Academy's reasoning for making Enchanted ineligible was because the melodies of the songs featured heavily in the score portion of Menken's work. I can't really seeing them letting Newman 'get away with it' especially if he does the right thing and build's the songs melodies into a fully developed theme in the score.

I remember at the time of the ruling wondering if this meant that no composer would want to work on a musical if it meant the Academy wouldn't want to acknowledge it (I know people don't do work just for the awards nut still...). I suppose there is always the option of bringing back the Musical/Comedy Score section but I don't think that is likely to happen unless there is an influx of original musicals.
She should have filmed the screen instead of the dolls LOL
Some people just don't have their priorities right do they ;-)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2009, 4:53 pm

Ha! I remember when Best Score actually <I>included</I> the songs! It used to be that the songs were considered part and parcel of a score, but in recent times there's been this big split.

I still find it amusing when the Best Song essentially goes to nothing else but a canny producer plopping a "record" on the end credits.

A Best Song should come from a film where that song is integrated into its fabric...by extension the reasons for omitting Menken for Enchanted is ridiculous...and they didn't seem to bother during the 1990s Disney era! It was exactly that - because Menken kept on winning each year - that they started coming up with silly minor rules...but the thing is <I>the composers</I> - his peers - were voting for him!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » March 1st, 2009, 8:58 pm

God knows if this will help hand-drawn animation return into the theathers.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 2nd, 2009, 7:53 am

No, He doesn't. ;)