The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » May 6th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Maybe it's the full trailer premiere? We know it's attached to UP when it's released a few weeks from now! Time to post that trailer! Someone better get a HIGH QUALITY leak! How many more hours to go before showtime? I'm dutch, so just post the amount of time from now please :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 6th, 2009, 5:25 pm

Daniel wrote:Just saw a commercial on Disney Channel, they're are going to give an exclusive look at TPaTF this Saturday (5/9) at 8:30pm during "Wizards of Waverly Place". In the brief commercial announcing it, it showed scenes we've just seen from that Youtube video... only y'know crystal clear. The logo looked beautiful!!

I know it will probably be like 2 minutes, heck I'll be content if it's the exact video on YT, but still can't wait! :D *sets DVR*
Oh oh I probally will forget to watch it but I would love to see it. Let us know about the clips.... or even better if you can share ^.~
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » May 6th, 2009, 5:56 pm

OMG so excited! :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 6th, 2009, 7:38 pm

If I could I would, though I'm sure it will end up on the 'Tube, or better yet on the Disney website. Sometimes when they give previews they say at the end "watch this again at..." so here's hoping.

I'll comment on it for sure though and let you guys know if depicts anything new. A guess, I don't think it will be the full trailer, but I wouldn't mind being wrong. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rawktapus » May 6th, 2009, 7:54 pm

There's an exclusive review from another person who got an advanced screening on cartoonbrew.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/early ... -frog.html

I don't know if anyone's checked the website out, but there's quite a split over how people are reacting to the footage that's been shown. I read through a lot of the comments and people are surprisingly cynical. Personally, I've loved the footage scene and can't wait to see it. The review makes me feel even better about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 7th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Sounds as if Ray was a huge hit with the audience... yay!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 8th, 2009, 7:08 am

starlioness wrote:I know this has been mentioned before , but this screams Rescuers crossed with Beauty and the Beast.. :lol:
I think this movie is more Cinderella then Beauty And The Beast,can't wait for the sneak peek :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » May 8th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Supposedly there is a "behind-the scene" /"new footage" in Disney Channel US this week.
*insert witty comment*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 8th, 2009, 3:02 pm

You don't say. ;)

Only one more day...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » May 9th, 2009, 7:48 am

from http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com :

Tomorrow (saturday may 9th) the trailer for "The Princess and the Frog" should debut on Apple's trailer website...

Unless something unforeseen happens that is what will happen. Should that wish come true, you may find yourself giggly with Disney joy tomorrow night. It's a great trailer and it shows why we love classic hand drawn Disney animation.

Forthcoming...

Told ya!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 9th, 2009, 1:57 pm

Indeed you did, happy I'm wrong though! Hopefully Disney Channel shows the whole trailer... it's not so much that well, if they don't I can see it online, I want to see on TV, big screen and all that jazz.

"It's a great trailer and it shows why we love classic hand drawn Disney animation."

Sounds promising.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 9th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Oh if they are posting it on the apple website there is no way I would get that to work :P Disney channel at 8:30 eastern/western? I have like 2 different disney channels so idk which one or when. (silly direct tv ;P)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 9th, 2009, 4:59 pm

I think it's Western... I'm horrible with time zones.

Looking at the time and knowing your time zone, I would say you have about 1 hour and 30 minutes until the eastern one starts, (5:30pm) so channel 290 for you (Disney East, right?) Hopefully I'm not mistaken.

Anticipation... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cboy666 » May 9th, 2009, 9:02 pm

just saw the new trailer.

-majority of the trailer consisted of the footage from the john lasseter interview.
-we also got brief glimpses of mama odie and new orleans itslelf.
-sadly, there were no songs shown, or any mention of the film being a musical.
-but the animation was amazing.
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » May 9th, 2009, 9:14 pm

Did anyone catch what the prince said once he was hit with the book? I couldnt understand what he said... Anyone know?