Disney brings back the cartoon short

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 28th, 2007, 7:24 am

Thanks.

We can get passionate about our views here too, but generally we're a nicer, certainly cleaner, bunch than many other forums you'll find out there. And we try to keep things PG rated as much a possible.

Glad to welcome you here...we'll expunge that JHM badness from your soul one post at a time...

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Shorts programm

Post by PatrickvD » November 22nd, 2007, 7:21 am

was this posted already? I can't find it on the site so I guess not. Anyway, a nice article with pictures and info of the new upcoming Disney shorts:

http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=page ... le_no=3454

also a little clip from the new goofy short, wich is gonna be awesome.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 22nd, 2007, 4:16 pm

We did have a thread talking about the new Disney shorts, but not this link.

GREAT! :)

Confirmation of Goldberg on "Princess And The Frog", him on another Mickey-Donald-Goofy short...and some juicy gossip on upcoming stuff. Neato! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 22nd, 2007, 5:39 pm

yeah the article was a terrific read. It's so exciting to see what's in their pipeline. And Goldberg on Princess is awesome. He's so talented.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 22nd, 2007, 7:58 pm

Ooh! Nice find!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 23rd, 2007, 1:08 am

PatrickvD wrote:yeah the article was a terrific read. It's so exciting to see what's in their pipeline. And Goldberg on Princess is awesome. He's so talented.
So far, Goldberg's only biggest feature break was co-directing "Pocahontas"--and nobody really noticed who directed it, although it puts some of the funny-raccoon stuff in context--he hasn't really gotten a shot at becoming a breakout "name" director.

Closest he ever got was practically stealing the entire "Fantasia 2000" out from under the rest of the directors, with the flamingo and "Rhapsody in Blue" segments. :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 23rd, 2007, 6:19 am

I don't actually think Eric's out to <I>become</I> a name director. He's already a name animator, and very happy with that, I think.

He was sort of brought on board Pocahontas...it was Mike Gabriel's film from the beginning and he had most control over it.

Goldberg seems satisfied where he is. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 23rd, 2007, 8:07 pm

Eric Goldberg was also the 'animation director' for Looney Tunes: Back in Action .. and was 'attached' to direct an animated version of Where the Wild Things Are (also for Warner Bros) .. which, sadly, never came to pass.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 23rd, 2007, 8:58 pm

Yeah, that was a great article! Loved all the info on the Goofy short, and early info on Nessie and Chris Willaims' short. :)
Ben wrote:We did have a thread talking about the new Disney shorts
And here it is: Disney brings back the cartoon short

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2007, 8:48 am

Thanking you, Dan! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 24th, 2007, 3:52 pm

didn't know there already was a thread, thanks for merging.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 24th, 2007, 4:22 pm

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Goofy's "Home Theater"

Post by Phil » January 2nd, 2008, 9:39 am

I'm surprised I haven't seen any discussion on this yet. (Or did I miss it?)

I finally saw National Treasure: Book of Secrets yesterday (which I enjoyed very much), and along with it the new Goofy cartoon (which I also enjoyed very much). The cartoon wasn't mind-blowingly, incredibly super-awesome; it was another cute, funny, well-animated Goofy cartoon just like the ones made sixty years ago. Considering that time span, I suppose that part of is pretty incredible.

Even the end credits looked just like the original cartoons'. It was odd seeing that familiar background and font with names like Andreas Deja and Michael Giacchino.

Anyway, I liked "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater" very much. Has anyone else seen it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 2nd, 2008, 10:07 am

I have - I quite enjoyed it, and the audience seemed to like it as well. A few people even clapped at the end, but stopped rather awkwardly when they realized no one else was. :P

Like you said, it's wasn't amazing, but it was very cute and very entertaining. Congrats to the team who worked on it! :)

(Oh, and on a side note, I liked National Treasure as well.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 2nd, 2008, 3:54 pm

Unfortunately, I have yet to see it. :(
Phil wrote:I'm surprised I haven't seen any discussion on this yet. (Or did I miss it?)
click. ;)