DC Universe Animated Original Movies

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: DC Universe Animated Original Movies

Post by Dacey » April 6th, 2021, 4:24 pm

Love the storyline here, but too bad in a way about the animation. But maybe it works in the film.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 6th, 2021, 9:59 pm

Looks okay, though I don't see any Archer look in there myself. I wonder if they'll change the end reveal (in Part 2), like they did for the adaptation of Loeb's Hush.

I am not as much a fan of the comic as some, but I will enjoy seeing this. But do I wait to pick up the inevitable complete film release? Or all three releases? With Dark Knight Returns, I bought the individual parts, sold them, then got the complete film in a Steelbook edition. For Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen, I got the two individual Steelbooks, plus the 4K of the complete story.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 6th, 2021, 10:03 pm

Wait, they did a “complete film” for Death of Superman like for Dark Knight Returns (easily the best of these films for me)?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 6th, 2021, 10:55 pm

Yes, and the complete film has about 30 seconds of added material. The cover art is nice, too.

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Return-Sup ... 027&sr=8-2

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 6th, 2021, 11:09 pm

Very neat!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 7th, 2021, 5:49 am

I’m so glad I have zero interest in collecting all these!

I mean, I like to see them eventually, but the terrible animation helps me think I’m not missing anything, which I’m thankful for.