The Fox and the Hound

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2007, 2:39 pm

Yeah, but that's why ANY sequel gets made--including Shrek, Toy Story, Godfather, Superman, etc...
No, I still think there's a difference...Usually with the better sequels, someone actually comes up with an idea instead of saying, "I wanna make some more money - let's make a [Title] 2!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 2nd, 2007, 4:49 pm

The Little Mermaid II had a great story and so much potential, but in the end, it all went to waste. I really do believe the creators had an idea when they began this movie, and didn't just make it for the heck of it. The end results were just -- among other things, a hit or miss.

The point is, some sequels that many people consider inferior, and were just in it for the money, probably started out as sincere attempts. My opinion, anway. :)
Meg wrote:Wow - I never thought I'd actually see someone defending HoND 2....
Well, in a way I agree with him. I mean, Quasi never did get the girl in the original, so it did leave a problem unresolved, unlike other DTV's

The problem is, Disney ruined it! the animation was horrible, it never stayed consistant, and it was just plain ugly. And even if you try to ignore the hideous animation, the story wasn't all that good either. A simple romantic romp, that left a lot to be desired. :( But I did like Madalene for Quasi, they made a cute couple.

Oh, and I despised the villain! He doesn't even come close to the masterpiece that was Frollo. They built him up to be some kind of great villain, when he didn't even do anything! I remember Madalene saying "don't Quasi, he'll hurt Zephort (sp?)" seriously? :|

So yeah, not one of my favorite sequels. But I do like some it, it just could've been soooo much better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 2nd, 2007, 5:07 pm

If Hotn 2 was given a bigger budget, I could have lived with it.
But it had the quality (and style) of an Aladdin tv episode.
And as usual, the dtv sequel was aimed more at kids while the first one had mature content as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 5th, 2007, 12:26 am

I agree. :(

At least it benifited from one thing, the original Vas!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2007, 6:16 am

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 16th, 2007, 1:30 am

Cool, thanks for the notice, Vi! :)

Nice that Disney's finally done with LMIII!
Yay! :P