The Simpsons Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 17th, 2007, 4:26 pm

Here are some of the deals for the DVD:

Target - $16.99, no goodies. However, if you use this coupon, (hope its ok to post) you'll get $5 off!

Best Buy - $16.99 and get a collectible toy for $5.99 or 4 for $15. (Minimum 20 per store. No rainchecks.)

Circuit City - low price and get a free map of Springfield.

Wal-Mart - no price shown, two exclusives: one with a T-shirt and one with toys. (5 in total, little pvc ones it appears.)

And everyone else has it regular price with nothing to offer. Gotta admit, these are lame exclusives. Nothing special or unique, like other places. :(

I woud get the Target edition because its so cheap, but I'll be getting the Best Buy edition for sure. I've been meaning to get the toys and this is a great deal. No surprise either, I love the Plopper one! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Would you want to see a Simpsons Movie 2?

Post by Cinderallaboi » January 24th, 2009, 1:57 am

At the end of the movie during the credits of the Simpsosn Movie Maggie says squeal, which makes you think a Simpsons Movie 2? would anyone want to see it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 24th, 2009, 3:25 pm

After getting off the rush that I saw The Simpsons on the big screen, yes and no. I just hope the next one can take more risks and not play it so safe. Although probably impossible, try something more original. And for crying out loud, have Mr. Burns be the villain! He's like one of the best villains ever and they used a new character for the movie... y'know, in that one minute Mr. Burns was on-screen, they got him just right.

Oh, and I really hope Bill and Josh have a hand in the sequel.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 24th, 2009, 4:36 pm

If there are any official announcements, let's please keep them to this Simpsons 2 thread, thanks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Cinderallaboi » January 24th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Daniel wrote:After getting off the rush that I saw The Simpsons on the big screen, yes and no. I just hope the next one can take more risks and not play it so safe. Although probably impossible, try something more original. And for crying out loud, have Mr. Burns be the villain! He's like one of the best villains ever and they used a new character for the movie... y'know, in that one minute Mr. Burns was on-screen, they got him just right.

i thought that side show bob was going to be the bad guy in the movie i was wron but i would like to see him and mr burns team up maybe for the next movie if they do, do a simpsosn 2 movie

Dont know if this is true or not but i found this out in a website

"The Simpsons Movie 2 Coming out in 2010-04-27
The Simpsons : 2010 is the predicted death for Seymour Skinner. It is also the year that Lisa's Wedding takes place. But we don`t how Skinners dies and Who lisa gets wed to"

still dont know if it's true or not

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Cinderallaboi » January 24th, 2009, 7:43 pm

dont know if this is true or not but i found this out in a website

"The Simpsons Movie 2 Coming out in 2010-04-27
The Simpsons : 2010 is the predicted death for Seymour Skinner. It is also the year that Lisa's Wedding takes place. But we don`t how Skinners dies and Who lisa gets wed to"

still dont know if it's true or not

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » January 24th, 2009, 8:07 pm

"The Simpsons Movie" is one of my favorite movies...If this sequel is well written I will see it.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » January 24th, 2009, 8:16 pm

That would be great!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 24th, 2009, 8:45 pm

I would rather have had a theatrical Futurama movie then another Simpsons movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » January 26th, 2009, 10:45 am

I'd go for a Simpsons sequel. It's a good movie, but I would be concerned about them making another original story. They took so long to make the first one and I doubt they will take as long to think about the plot for the sequel. Here's hoping they get it right.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » January 31st, 2009, 7:14 pm

I really liked the first one, and I don't even watch The Simpsons. But the first Simpsons movie was very entertaining and I really enjoyed it.

The only way I'd be up for a sequel is if the story plot is good and original. Something like the first one had.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Simpsons Movie

Post by Daniel » July 25th, 2019, 1:46 pm

A sequel is definitely happening under Disney. Yay! ;)

Edit: Grr Violet! Not bumping the thread dedicated to the movie, that's a Paddlin'. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 25th, 2019, 2:50 pm

LOL Dan! :). It never even occurred to me to dig up TSM thread. But good idea, that definitely simplifies things. I guess it’s just because it was so long ago.

I’m really happy about the sequel news! :o I’m hoping that it’ll be a great swan song and that the series can actually end on a somewhat respectable note.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 26th, 2019, 7:08 am

ShyViolet wrote:
July 25th, 2019, 2:50 pm
I’m really happy about the sequel news! :o I’m hoping that it’ll be a great swan song and that the series can actually end on a somewhat respectable note.
Yes, even before Disney, figured Fox was keeping the current '10-'19 seasons on the air just long enough to squeeze that one more Movie out, so it wouldn't look like they'd taken twenty years to make the first one...Just nine, this time.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 26th, 2019, 7:40 pm

It could just be me, but it sounds like Groening might be joking here. Or, at the very least, like this shouldn't be reported as a "confirmation" that a sequel is happening.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."