The Simpsons Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2007, 11:18 am

I laughed at this part:

"when you take over a show like The Simpsons, your main goal is to not wreck it"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 29th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Just saw the movie...what can I say other then WOOHOO!!

Hilarious from start to finish and really the best thing The Simpsons has done in a loooooong time.
I saw it with a great audience as well, all of them seemed to love every bit of it.
As Vi said, great score as well with a catchy alternate Simpsons tune.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2007, 5:50 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Jeroen!

Btw, this took in a grand total of 71.8 million over the weekend.....like I predicited! Yay! :D

Edit: it took in 167 million worldwide! Wow. http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/d ... edictions/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 30th, 2007, 6:43 am

Yeah, biggest opening for an animated feature here in Belgium as well.

They we're showing it simultaneously on 4 (2 of them we're digital) of the 12 screens featured in my local movietheater complex.
So that alone is quite big.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2007, 8:47 am

$25m in the UK...wow!

Hopefully tonight, but might go for Transformers, so if not then Wednesday. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 30th, 2007, 12:17 pm

As long as you go when the theater is packed, cause thats the way to see it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 30th, 2007, 1:04 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2007, 3:29 pm

I'll give that read tomorrow, James. :)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 30th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Yes! They did it! The Simpsons is No. 1 at the Box Office with 71.1 million dollars! Let's celebrate!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 31st, 2007, 12:32 pm

Total Film
reviews The Simpsons: (mild spoilers)

http://www.totalfilm.com/cinema_reviews ... sons_movie
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » July 31st, 2007, 2:04 pm

Code Horror wrote:Yes! They did it! The Simpsons is No. 1 at the Box Office with 71.1 million dollars! Let's celebrate!
Cool!! :D

This is my 100th post. :D I've been on the forum since 2005, but I don't come here very often.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 31st, 2007, 2:14 pm

Congrats, Zach! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » August 1st, 2007, 2:29 am

So Dan, you've seen it right?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 1st, 2007, 3:35 am

Naturally, Jeroen! :)

I was gonna wait till tomorrow to post my thoughts, but what the hey:
being a fan all my life, and having seen every single episode, I was, to say the least, EXITED!

The Simpsons Movie succeeded in every aspect:

The look was simply astonishing, taking it up a notch from what were regularly used to. The shadowing, the detail, the way CG was incorporated, amazing!

Music, including background, was excellant. I loved Green Day's take on the theme song, after we heard the usual 'The Simpsons......' And my gosh, I loved the use of "Why Do Birds, Suddenly Appear" yay! Hearing that was a nice huge homage. Oh, and I loved the Spider pig song. (The one that doesn't have Homer singing)

What else? I guess I'll just list what I liked...

*How it started out as a Itchy & Scratchy cartoon. I was hoping for something like that, and was surprised it actually happened!

*The scenes that follow, with Homer saying why pay for this when you could get it for free! Big laugh

*Green Day! After there little bit of continuing the theme song, I loved the Titanic joke.

*Homer daring Bart to skateboard, nude! I actually knew this was gonna happen, (darn spoilers!) but it was still shocking seeing Bart's doodle.

*Ned and Bart's bonding.

*The mod scenes! It was beyond cool seeing so many familar faces. And the way it was animated, egad!

*Plopper! But what he did to Homer later on, was just mean. (after being saved by Homer) I hope something bad happens to that pig in s19! (He is making a cameo, btw!)

*Colin, aka the boy Lisa had a crush on. Aww, it was so cute! I really hope he sticks around in the series.

*Gasp, did Dr. Nick die? That so sad! :(

*I loved it when Homer drove the motorcycle to throw out the bomb! Those were some heart pounding minutes.

*When something happened, and the church people and Moe regulars switched places. That was genious!

*Crazy cat lady's part. Though, there never all black! What's up with that?

*Boob lady!

*The whole woodland creature scene.

*Homer sticking up the middle finger.

*Homer and Marge kissing at the end. Beautiful.

*The way the credits were. With the persons name, ie, Dan C. and all his characters they voiced. That was unexpected.

*Maggie's third word "sequel" (counting the first, and when she becomes a Flanders, doodly.)

Anyway, long story short, the movie was a perfect 4/5 for me. I wouldn't say it was the best thing done in a long time though, because truthfully, the past few season have been pretty solid. At least better than anything from seasons 10-12. This was just a great movie and an experience I shall never forget. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » August 1st, 2007, 6:35 am

Homer daring Bart to skateboard, nude! I actually knew this was gonna happen, (darn spoilers!) but it was still shocking seeing Bart's doodle.
The transition from the austin powers-like joke to actually revealing it was brilliant and provided a huuuuge laugh among the audience.
Gasp, did Dr. Nick die? That so sad!
...But funny, don't worry btw, He'll be back!!