Disney Princess: Enchanted Tales

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 22nd, 2007, 12:45 am

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 22nd, 2007, 3:12 am

Omg.... I so didn't expect them to fire, Sharon. :shock: I mean, I knew there were story clashes on Tink, but I would've betted that she take the advice she asked for, and that would be that. Seems even after all that was said and done, she still tried to pursue her own version. Not to mention the money this thing has cost!

All I can say is -- ignoring the fact that I love Disney DTV's -- good riddance. Sure, I love the vast majority of them, but I still cant forgive Disney for what they did to some of them. Need I say which? Ok, to be original, Cindy II was utter trash. I love it, because I ignore the fact that its not a "real sequel" and more of a TV show. Which it was, until it was canceled.

In a way, I think Lassy made the right decision. And with what we've heard about Sharon (both recently and in the past) I think its better in the long run. Ugh, I also picture how she presented herself on some of the DVD bonus features. (Lion King II, anyone? :x)

And there's really no need to say how sad I really am, because it should be obvious. :(

Edit: oh yeah, and Jim said this will be the first and final volume of Enchanted Tales.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 22nd, 2007, 4:00 am

It's for the best, Dan.

Though firing Morrill is a little harsh, she brought it on herself by essentially not following the "suggestions" and "advice" given to her <I>by her boss</I>.

On the Jim Hill story...why does he include pointless links for everything? When I went to Disney's with my feature in '98, we were told they were having "story problems" with The Ugly Duckling. When I saw a mention of "Chicken Little 2" in Jim's bit above - with a link no less - I was intrigued and wondered if there was any link or what the latest juice might be on it. Of course, it turns out to be an unrelated Amazon link to the original Hans Andersen storybook...!?

He does it again with "The Princess And The Frog" below - not even the same story source as Disney is using for their version.

And by the end of the piece, we learn that Morrill has not been fired...just removed from her position. She's still at Disney's...but for how long...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 22nd, 2007, 4:25 am

Yes, I'm still trying to tell myself its for the best! :P (but its so hard!)

Yeah, I too, was intrigued with those links, specifically the sequels, and was very dissapointed with the outcomes. What a jip!
Ben wrote:She's still at Disney's...but for how long...?
I wonder the same thing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 22nd, 2007, 12:33 pm

On the Jim Hill story...why does he include pointless links for everything? When I went to Disney's with my feature in '98, we were told they were having "story problems" with The Ugly Duckling. When I saw a mention of "Chicken Little 2" in Jim's bit above - with a link no less - I was intrigued and wondered if there was any link or what the latest juice might be on it. Of course, it turns out to be an unrelated Amazon link to the original Hans Andersen storybook...!?

It's all spam. Sometimes he highlights other words that have nothing to do with Disney at all. In addition to pop-ups when you click the page, they're in the articles now too. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 22nd, 2007, 1:19 pm

That's why I'm glad <I>we're</I> ad free! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 22nd, 2007, 1:50 pm

Amen! :) :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 26th, 2007, 4:04 am

Wait a minute, if what Jim says about this being the first and final volume of Enchanted Tales, than that can't be right! What about the Beauty and The Beast short?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 28th, 2007, 1:35 pm

I THINK (not 100% certain) that the few projects/shorts in production at this very moment are still a go. But no more new stuff, just finishing what they started. (I think :?)

Anyway, this is wild, IF it's true. :shock:

http://cganimation.blogspot.com/2007/06 ... rrill.html
Last edited by ShyViolet on July 20th, 2007, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 4th, 2007, 12:02 am

I think you missed my point, Vi.

I just meant that this can't be the "final" Enchanted Tales, because we know for a fact, that there is a Beauty and the Beast short. That's all.

I dunno 100% what you said is right, but Tink is continuing, and sequels/princess movies are cancelled. So... what could be finished? ET is finished (apparently) likewise LMIII.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 4th, 2007, 7:06 am

Well, that's always an extra they can bundle on something else, right?

Belle's Magical Tales or whatever the darn thing was called, "now with ALL-NEW story!"

Yah. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 4th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Again? Disney already did that with the DVD release, when they went in and added a new (ported over, really) Ms. Pott's short.

You got the right idea, though. Maybe for Beauty's re-release. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Disneyfan » July 12th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Check out the site:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/anima ... ntedtales/

There's a new sneak peek for both stories, and a sneak peek for Aurora's "Keys to the Kingdom" music video!!!

The animation looks great!!!

----------------

If they're cancelling it (which nothing is confirmed yet) what would they do with Belle's story and Aurora's second story (the one in Cinderella's 3)?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 13th, 2007, 4:22 am

So, its been confirmed that there are two different Aurora stories? Cool. I thought they looked different, but never gave it a second thought. Even more of a reason, NOT to believe Jim Hill.

Regarding the new sneak peeks, I think they look....great! The animation is very, very good. The characters seem to be on-model for the most part, with just a few instances where it jumped out, as being a little off.

The voices again, continue to sound pretty close to the originals. Although, what's up with the King? Ugh, if its who I'm thinking, he was alright in the Cinderella sequels, but not here. My biggest problem is still with Aurora's singing voice, though! Its terrible. To modern, I guess. :?

Btw, thanks for the link, DisneyFan! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 18th, 2007, 7:36 am

The case for Disney DTV's:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/slate ... cheapquels

http://www.slate.com/id/2170559/

I don't agree with the title of the Slate piece but the article was kind of interesting. :wink:

I also think that this is just another indication of how much people miss 2d.