Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Therese » June 28th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Saw the trailer today before Wall-E. I like the overall premise, and I like Bolt and Mittens (Travolta sounds fine). I agree with ShyViolet, the "Bolt" TV show looks cool. Miley sounds too old for the age that Penny appears to be. And I already think the hamster is annoying. But, I'm curious to see how this turns out.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 29th, 2008, 12:33 am

To me, Bolt looks like a lot of fun. I kind of wish the film had gotten one those special teasers like Pixar's films get, in which the lead characters interact in some sort of humorous situation. Nonetheless, the Bolt trailer has me feeling very excited about the movie. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » July 4th, 2008, 2:01 pm

We all know there's a crisper version of the Bolt trailer on the new official site don't we?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » July 5th, 2008, 12:54 pm

That's awesome! Check the other viewing options for super-huge HD!

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 5th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Thanks!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » July 19th, 2008, 12:09 am

Ain't It Cool News has started a very cool, in my opinion, series of articles regarding Bolt. It seems Quint is going to visit Disney Animation Studios every month, until the film is finished.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 19th, 2008, 11:35 am

Interesting! Thanks for the link.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 20th, 2008, 6:52 pm

Not trying to put a damper on things (and the movie certainly looks like lots of fun,even if it's not Chris' AD) but according to this link (could be hearsay, not sure) a bunch of animators will be laid off after Bolt. :(

I just don't understand why they can't keep them on permanently, or at least for a long time, the way it was in the 80s/90s. :?

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=013179
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 20th, 2008, 7:44 pm

On a lighter note, I went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised when after only like 2 previews, it said "Put on your 3D glasses now" and a Bolt trailer came on, in 3D. I had totally forgotten that it was going to be in 3D and am very excited to see it that way now!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 20th, 2008, 8:28 pm

What did you think of Journey to the Center of the Earth, Mac?

I only saw it flat, but I have to say that, while it's not the greatest addition to the cinematic tableaux, I did have a modicum of fun and when they pulled out the Atlantis book for the inevitable sequel pitch, it did actually bring a smile to my face and I thought, "yeah, I wouldn't mind going on another trip with these guys".

I thought it was a fun, refreshing and quite kind of quaint old-school kind of adventure movie. Must have been fun in 3D, but I also liked it didn't play up to the usual kind of in your face tricks that pass for entertainment in those kinds of films.

The flying fish must'a been fun though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 20th, 2008, 9:33 pm

It was awesome. I suggest seeing it in 3D because after seeing it in 3D I can't imagine watching it without it. And I thought there were lots of parts where they were like "yep, this is 3D i'm shoving this thing in your face". The dinosaur spit scene is rather gross in 3D than the commercials.

But yeah it was fun. It's an awesome movie in the same way Jumanji and Night at the Museum is. Maybe not quite as good as those, but there's CGI crap all over the place but it's fun CGI crap. They're not masterpieces of filmmaking but they're just FUN movies. Oh yeah, and the "ocean" scene was freaking awesome.

And yes, I was very happy when they pulled out the Atlantis book.

hmm. i need to watch jumanji again.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 21st, 2008, 6:07 am

Cool...glad you liked it. I thought it might be a bit "juvenile" for you but as you say it was just FUN!

Yeah, those comparisons are spot on. I hope it does well enough to inspire that Atlantis suggestion...I'd take another adventure trip with those guys.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » July 29th, 2008, 9:08 am

BOLT Across America - When's he with you?

CHECK HERE

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » July 29th, 2008, 9:27 am

Justin Williams wrote:BOLT Across America - When's he with you?
Never, apparently. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » July 30th, 2008, 2:02 pm

where is the princess & frog thread...

the new teaser was awesome...