Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » September 16th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Another look behind the scenes:

http://latinoreview.com/news/inside-the ... -bolt-5381

Interview with Lighting Director on Bolt.

http://latinoreview.com/news/interview- ... -bolt-5392

Two newly released images are there, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 16th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Very insightful, thanks Sully!
Directors did not imagine the character of Penny with a Southern accent. But as Miley Cyrus began laying down tracks where Penny is playing with Bolt, her lovely drawl came through—as Miley imagined herself playing with her own dog, she spoke as she would at home. But when Penny is starring in the Bolt television show, Miley was directed to record without the accent… providing a wonderful distinction between Penny, the actress on the TV show, and Penny, the girl after the director calls cut.
Ahh, nice touch.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wolf » September 20th, 2008, 12:43 am

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 20th, 2008, 2:15 am

Did the dogs chanting 'ball' remind anyone else of the Finding Nemo seagulls chanting 'mine'?

Nonetheless, Rhino the hamster is hilarious in that clip! I love when he gets so excited that he fogs up the exercise ball.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » September 20th, 2008, 1:47 pm

This clip shows some very beautiful pieces of animation :) And cinematography looks cool. Looks & feels much more like a real cinema film than a cartoon flick like two previous Disney efforts (Chicken little and Robinsons). And yes - dogs behaviour is very seagullish ;)

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » September 20th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Great!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Hmmm...is it me or does Travolta have a great voice for...live-action? He didn't gel with that character at all. Even though he didn't sound too Travolta-ish, and therefore more "in character" to what he was trying to play, it also didn't feel that that voice was coming from that much younger looking, zippier little pooch.

As for the rest, yep, nice cinematography, which we should be expecting now anyway, but the human designs still feel more rubbery and not as refined as they might.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » September 21st, 2008, 6:13 am

...maybe designs of human characters are not as refined as some of us would like them to be but there are some major improvements: quite good cloth simulation (I think on par with what we've seen in The Incredibles). As for design style - "de gustibus...". As for quality of its realisation - those seen in this clip are probably background characters with some little episodical role to play and I think they seem relatively more refined than typical Universal Man secondary/background character we used to see in animated CG blockbusters.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 22nd, 2008, 6:31 pm

Oh yeah, I'd agree to all that. But I'm not sold on Travolta as an animated voice. At least not a zippy young dog.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wolf » September 27th, 2008, 1:33 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » October 8th, 2008, 4:44 pm

I have mixed feelings about this movie still. I want to say its going to be good but so far I'm not convinced of that. I liked reading about their ideas in making it more painterly than cg, and the talk about the special lighting but I'm not sure what doesn't seem right. Also Bolt is super cute but I feel from what we have seen of the supporting animal characters they are more annoying than anything else. That and in the clips I've seen the voice acting kind of hits me wrong, like it doesn't fit. I think I'm going to try and see this movie in the theaters though, it looks like it will be at least enjoyable if anything. That and I really love how bolt moves and acts..... and his huge ears. ^.^

Just my two cents :roll:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » October 12th, 2008, 12:47 am

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 12th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Here is a new clip from Bolt:

I like the 'It's like we're twins!' line and, of course, that last exchange between Bolt and Rhino (starting with Bolt's "The road will be rough!' and ending with Rhino's 'Starving!'). :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » October 12th, 2008, 10:25 pm

I was a bit skeptical at first, but this looks like it'll be a fun flick. ^___^

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 13th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Hey, are those the GoodFeathers!? ;)