Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 13th, 2009, 12:59 am

Uh, the cover being based on the Bolt tv show makes perfect sense.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 13th, 2009, 1:05 am

Reminds me of the Enchanted cover,they re-used a poster that they use too much and add characters to make it a cover (Pip and Bluebird in Enchanted,Penny and Calio here) but Bolt has 2 discs,and Enchanted has a single disc edition.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » January 13th, 2009, 9:03 am

Kinda funny that the bottom of the DVD cover says "Best Disney film since The Incredibles" :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 13th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Yeah,they shouldn't have added that quote,The Incredibles isn't a Disney movie,it's Pixar (I really don't like how Disney always gets credits for Pixar films) and in any case The Incredibles is definitely not the best Disney movie,good thing he didn't say that it's the best Disney movie since Shrek.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 13th, 2009, 4:38 pm

I like it!

But I do think we're in for a lot of blue/Blu covers, at least for the next year. Added branding differences and all that...

Nice that the Blu will get a slipcase too...first animated Disney film to do so other than Sleeping Beauty?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » January 13th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Macaluso wrote:Uh, the cover being based on the Bolt tv show makes perfect sense.
Uh, no.... not to me it doesn't. :? Since we see so little of the TV show in the film, it may be misleading for anyone who hasn't seen the film and knows little of the actual plot.

If you look at the cover of the "art of Bolt" book, or any of the children's tie-in books, the cover themes are quite different. They portray the film not just as an action flick, but a cute story about a little girl and her puppy. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 13th, 2009, 8:10 pm

The entire movie is based around him being the star of a TV show. The TV show that opens and closes the movie. And even besides that, it's a lot more exciting of a cover than just owner + dog. It's not Marley & me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 13th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Ben wrote:Nice that the Blu will get a slipcase too...first animated Disney film to do so other than Sleeping Beauty?
Depends on whether you count Nigthmare Before Christmas. If not, then yes.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 13th, 2009, 8:24 pm

Ya got me. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » January 14th, 2009, 1:51 am

Macaluso wrote:The entire movie is based around him being the star of a TV show. The TV show that opens and closes the movie. And even besides that, it's a lot more exciting of a cover than just owner + dog. It's not Marley & me.
Eh, I get your point, but I still don't really like it.

Actually, it would make more sense if they just got rid of Calico. Sorta like this german poster. Just add Penny to that, and I'd have nothing to be nit-picky about.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » January 14th, 2009, 4:16 am

Let's see if Bolt are running away with the Oscar this time!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » January 14th, 2009, 8:05 am

I like that poster!
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 14th, 2009, 8:43 am

Whippet Angel-We also have that poster over here.
Macaluso had a point about the show,thought the cover of the books were just about Bolt with Mittens and Rhino or Bolt with Penny,the cover of the DVD sorta looks like the video game's cover but the game is based on the show.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2009, 3:14 pm

Ben wrote:But I do think we're in for a lot of blue/Blu covers, at least for the next year. Added branding differences and all that...
Yeah, at the very least this beats that "High Definition" whoosh the earlier BD's had. I HATED those! :x

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 14th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Yep. :)