Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 20th, 2009, 5:21 pm

This is a WEIRD thread...!

It's been a while since I've seen anybody melt down that badly.

DC Comics' forums, other comics websites, and some of the tech-oriented websites are full of guys like that. They're just rude and offensive to other people because they really have no social skills and emotional empathy whatsoever. They're in a world of their own where they can't separate opinion from fact and respect anybody that has a difference of opinion. Damaged goods is a way to describe them... I don't know if there is a way to reach people like that without very deep therapy. For some, it just doesn't work.

Sad thing is that on some websites they let those guys back in after a period of "rehabilitation" but they never really get better. They just "behave a bit more to the rules" but it's the same sad, sick individual.

'Nuff said.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 20th, 2009, 5:38 pm

I, Neal, am eagerly awaiting my Bolt bobble-head and BOLT soundtrack that I, Neal, ordered off of Disney Movie Rewards.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » February 20th, 2009, 7:36 pm

I Sullivan will get the multi-disc set with BluRay and DVD and Digital Copy on Itunes and All the Awesome other parts they put in there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 20th, 2009, 9:27 pm

I Bill1978 must say that this has been the funniest thread of the week.

Back on topic when I saw Bolt back in January I must say that I thoughourly enjoyed myself. I found myself caught up in the story which I can't say about Madagascar 2. I really liked the Truman Show type of concept for an animal as really a dog wouldn't be able to tell fact from fiction. I loved the explosive start and I really enjoyed the heart and warmth behind the story. I also found by watching the movie that the song "I Thought I Lost You' had more meaning behind it than on my initial listen.

I know that many people think the hamster steals the show but for me it was Mittens the cat. But then I am a fan of dry sarcastic humour.

Once again Disney did not let me down, the only thing that annoyed me was that I didn't get to see a preview of The Princess And The Frog on the big screen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 21st, 2009, 6:48 am

I Whippet Angel lol @ all of you.

One thing I love about this movie is that Bolt totally reminds me of my dog. He's a shepherd mix, and basically has the same facial features. ^___^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » February 21st, 2009, 10:20 am

I PatrickvD am reminded why I should visit this forum more often and I PatrickvD than you all for the laugh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » February 21st, 2009, 12:13 pm

Aye Cap'n Ben of the good ship Animated, I hereby extend the motion we do this again sometime.

All I can say is I can't wait to finally watch this Disney concoction once it hits DVD. By virtue of poor reading comprehension or overly speedy thread skimming I glossed over whatever it was he aaronA113 spoiled so my potential joy remains unblemished.

(Now, having said that I probably shouldn't visit the forum until I see it, lol.)

edit: Hey, it's showing at a local theater for $2.50, albeit in traditional projection. Maybe I'll hit it up today or tomorrow.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2009, 2:09 pm

I Ben thank you for finding this recent conversation so funny. I must admit that until aaron45 became so hostile that it was fun keeping him around. Ahh, well, all things must pass.

Nearly got to Bolt yesterday but after reading aaron45's post I see no reason to go see it now! ;)

Actually, it was pricey enough with the London ticket prices and when we got near the font of the queue there was a sneaky sticker saying that all 3D showings were an extra £2! Frankly, with a Blu-ray on the way for a review I just decided to wait it out, 3D or no 3D.

I may still catch it at my local in flat projection but was interested to see how the 3D had been worked in from the beginning seeing as it was actually rendered with this in mind from the start.

I think it's safre to visit our forum than most others...remember that we do ask for spoliers and plot points to be hidden: a fantastic way for people to say what they want while not ruining it for others. By the time a film has hit DVD and been out a couple of weeks I'd say it was fair that it's anyone's game by that point, but we will try to keep big spoilers down to a minium.

I Ben am glad that this thread generated a much needed hearty laugh for everyone...no doubt another discombobulated writer will fill the gap within a few weeks! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 21st, 2009, 2:17 pm

Great, another weirdo is on the Nostradamus-Ben?

Don't we have enough of those I-George ask? Not I-George am implying anything to us-all but haven't us-all seen enough discombobulation much-too?

Why talk-we like-Yoda?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 21st, 2009, 11:25 pm

Yeah Ben, I wouldn't make a big deal about seeing it in 3D. It was very fun to watch that way (particularly the opening chase scene), but the 3D didn't add much to the film overall.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 21st, 2009, 11:41 pm

I saw it in normal vision and thoroughly enjoyed. There were only a couple of instances that I thought whow that would have been cool to see in 3D.

But then again I'm a person who doesn't care that much about a 3D movie as my colourblindness prevents me from experiencing the it as it should.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 22nd, 2009, 12:00 am

I wasn't aware being colorblind could prevent one from watching a 3D movie, or at least I've never had a problem and I'm colorblind too. Of course I'm the most common one - green and red - so I don't about the other more rare one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 22nd, 2009, 12:05 am

I'm red/green but can't see purple at all. So maybe that's my problem. I can see 3D but I get some blurry stuff as well.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2009, 4:06 pm

Bill, I love that description of seeing the flat version: "Normal Vision". That should become some kind of trademark! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » February 22nd, 2009, 6:40 pm

Whippet Angel wrote:One thing I love about this movie is that Bolt totally reminds me of my dog. He's a shepherd mix, and basically has the same facial features. ^___^

is he white too? ;)..

I do wish they made better Bolt stuff though.. haven't found a Bolt toy I liked where wasn't drug-happy :p..

speaking of Sheperds.. bet you don't remember this Whippet ;) .. ish Charlie from All Dogs for those who don't know. ;)