Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
American_dog_2008

Re: Bolt

Post by American_dog_2008 » January 27th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Bolt deserved the Oscar for Best Animated Movie.
Last edited by American_dog_2008 on January 27th, 2011, 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by carlminez » January 27th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Yep, that has been mine opinion. I need to post a thread about this movie or something. Feels like everyone is practically ignoring Bolt.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 27th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Um...there already is a thread for this movie. You're posting in it. :)

Really, we're not "ignoring" Bolt. It just came out more than two years ago, so naturally a lot of our discussion is more focused on newer movies.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by carlminez » January 27th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Nah, this website is just fine. I was mostly talking about CGI forums and movie review websites like Empire, in which Bolt and various other movies have been more or less pushed under the rug to make room for the unyielding glorification of Pixar movies. Not to mention the movie critics. But well, thats just me. To some point I can't help but feel that this movie has been terribly underrated.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » May 10th, 2011, 10:40 pm

I couldn't agree more. I thought this movie deserved the same recognition as a Pixar movie would.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » May 11th, 2011, 7:34 am

Does anyone know if Sanders is considering doing American Dog for Dreamworks animation?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by carlminez » May 11th, 2011, 8:24 am

I actually emailed Sanders about American Dog and from what I heard he is not planning to continue the project. Sanders American Dog was more similar to Bolt's story-line then what you might think.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 11th, 2011, 9:27 am

Um...basically, he can't, since Disney owns the property (what it was, and what it became).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 11th, 2011, 9:54 am

Mr. Sanders did, however, make use of the pirate-eyepatched cat and rabbit 'sidekicks' (or at the very least, their 'stunt-doubles') in his web-comic, Kiskaloo ..

Kiskaloo appeared semi-weekly throughout 2008 .. it was even collected into a trade paperback book; however, it hasn't been updated since. Though -- to be fair -- Mr. Sanders has been rather busy, for the past couple of years! :mrgreen:
Last edited by droosan on May 11th, 2011, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by carlminez » May 11th, 2011, 9:56 am

Why would he want to? The only major difference between American Dog and Bolt is that Penny in American Dog was kinda evil and that she was saved from a tornado rather than a burning studio. (And Henry was not anywhere near as cute as Bolt.^^)

----------------I