Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2007, 5:47 am

I love Anne-Marie. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 25th, 2007, 1:38 pm

I love Itchy! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by skeezer » January 25th, 2007, 2:51 pm

As of right now, this film is still CG. Chris was removed because the story wasn't going the way that Lasseter wanted fast enough. Chris had his opinions, John had his and the two didn't agree. Chris was canned.

There are still plenty of CG people on this film. So. As of right now. It is still CG. Just with a different director if it is ever greenlit.

* This post is opinions based on information from friends that work at Disney and are on that project. It is important to note that some of the CG people on this show were not canned during the recent layoffs. Nor were they moved to other projects.

** I'm editing this post because I think wasnt clear about something. And before I say it, this is definately third hand information. Chris was not fired from Disney. Just removed as Director of the film. If Chris is no longer at Disney, it is probably his decision to leave. I do not personally know if he is still at Disney or not.
Last edited by skeezer on January 25th, 2007, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 25th, 2007, 3:40 pm

Okay, cool, that's what I thought. Thanks, and welcome to the forums. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 25th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Welcome to the boards, skeezer!

Um, I know Vi's not gonna be to happy with this. Nor am I. So he was removed? :(

I'm really starting to not like Pixar, or more truthfully, Lasseter.

That's all I'm saying! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2007, 5:21 pm

As of right now, this film is still CG. Chris was removed because the story wasn't going the way that Lasseter wanted fast enough. Chris had his opinions, John had his and the two didn't agree. Chris was canned.
Interesting. Thanks for info, skeezer! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 25th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Your not upset? :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 25th, 2007, 9:13 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 25th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Why - because he's trying to return the company to its roots? :wink: Some of his decisions are harsh, yes, but if that's what it takes to get the studio back on its' feet in the long run then I'm all for it. I may not agree with him ALL the time, but I respect him for his motives anyway. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 26th, 2007, 1:01 am

Ah, so true! :)

No, I don't dislike him because of the "trying to return to roots" part. Its his harsh decisions, that I primarily don't like. This being one of them.

I love Chris, and with him at the helm, I had confidence that the film would be great. Now with him gone, I have the complete opposite feelings. :(

Another issue I have, with Pixar/Lassi, is, aren't they the ones who are haulting the Disney DTV's? I know I've heard many conflicting stories about this situation, but the main bulk of them, imlpied it was Pix's decision.

And that right there, hurts me, BIG time. Sure, they'll still be the run of the mill, Princess movie. Or, another Tinker Bell sequel, but that's it! Just when (IMO) they were getting a lot better! its just depressing. :cry:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 1:11 am

I agree with Dan, especially about Chris, and I do feel that there was merit in some of the DTVs. It's a shame really. And it gave 2d work to animators. :(

I don't think Lassetter is a "bad" guy, I"m just not sure that he's the best person to run Disney, because it still seems to me like his loyalty and priorities lie mainly with Pixar. Maybe he's just doing what he thinks is right for WDFA, but even still, is he just trying to turn them into just another Pixar? Wasn't it Chris' "quirky" ideas that JL rejected (at least according to heresay) If that is true, then....it doesn't seem promising. :(
It's pretty much what I though happened on AD: "Creative differences".

According to an old issue of EW from some years ago, that's just Hollywoodspeak for "After lots of screaming, somebody got fired." :P

But...as many have said, the films haven't come out yet...so I'll reserve judgement until then. :wink:

(Well, OK, maybe I won't, but I'll try not to be as vocal since most everyone here pretty much knows how I feel. :? :P)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 1:43 am

Also, if you haven't clicked on JHM in a while, www.jimhillmedia.com you'll fiind that poor Jim is really getting beat up over there for even SUGGESTING that Disney might have overpaid for Pixar, and for offering some info he's gotten about Walt Disney Co. having concerns about focus groups becoming less enamoured with some Pixar characters. Granted, maybe this is or isn't part of a larger trend, but he's just reporting what he heard.

Also, if it IS true, it certainly raises some interesting questions to go with Ben's article in A-V which touched on Disney focusing too much on creating new Pixar attractions and not Disney ones, simply because they are desperate to recoup their money. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 26th, 2007, 3:11 am

ShyViolet wrote:I agree with Dan, especially about Chris, and I do feel that there was merit in some of the DTVs. It's a shame really. And it gave 2d work to animators. :(
I knew you would. ;)

Some DTVs? ;)

Well, there are those Princess DVD's, I mentioned earlier.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2007, 12:58 pm

Also, if you haven't clicked on JHM in a while, www.jimhillmedia.com you'll fiind that poor Jim is really getting beat up over there for even SUGGESTING that Disney might have overpaid for Pixar, and for offering some info he's gotten about Walt Disney Co. having concerns about focus groups becoming less enamoured with some Pixar characters. Granted, maybe this is or isn't part of a larger trend, but he's just reporting what he heard.
It's not the fact that he thinks Disney overpaid for Pixar that's buggin people - it's because this is, like, the 28th story he's done on it. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » January 26th, 2007, 8:13 pm

Don't worry. I'm sure soon he'll run a 39-part series on all the cartoons and 1980's sitcoms which have done a version of Oliver Twist.