Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 15th, 2007, 8:16 am

Where did this come from, that we're going to see anything from the revamped American/Bolt before 2008?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 15th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Wikipedia, of course. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 15th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Ahhh, right. It must be true then! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 15th, 2007, 6:17 pm

Yah! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 29th, 2007, 9:17 am

Tiny blurb from TAG:

And yesterday, I spent a piece of the afternoon at Disney Animation Studios. A couple of new story rooms are being put in up on the third floor, Bolt story reels were unspooled for the crew to favorable reaction,

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... isits.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2007, 11:04 am

That's good to hear.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Prince Kido » August 3rd, 2007, 2:51 pm

Hi
I live in France and i actually can't wait to see the first shots of Bolt.
I read on Wikipedia that maybe a first teaser trailer could be released with the movie Underdog which on US screens today!!
If anyone here will go to see Underdog, please tell me if this is true there's a Bolt trailer and what does it look like !!
Many thanks by advance! ;)
[url=http://davidgilson.blogspot.com/][img]http://davidgilson.free.fr/petitpoulet/banblog2.jpg[/img][/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 5th, 2007, 8:53 am

Interesting...with the film still on reels, I haven't heard anything about a teaser and would even be surprised if we saw anything on Enchanted either.

Stranger things have happened, but I don't think we'll see anything on Underdog. The big push now is for Enchanted.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 5th, 2007, 1:04 pm

Too bad, since, as was mentioned earlier, the teaser would easily fit with the whole "dog" concept thing.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 6th, 2007, 1:34 am

Its official, the teaser WASN'T attached to Underdog. :(

Oh well, here's hoping for Enchanted!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 6th, 2007, 7:33 am

Told ya. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 14th, 2007, 11:39 am

Not much, but apparently Bolt is finally moving into production. (I guess from pre-production?)

So, as was reported earlier, the test screening on reels for the higher-ups must have been a successful one. Still, wish there was actually some more INFO on what was going on! :(

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... about.html
I think I read somewhere that John didn't like Shrek (presumably for it's tongue-in-cheek Disney bashing), but with Sanders I'm kind of lost at to why he doesn't like him: either they have a personal problem, or Lasseter really doesn't like ANYTHING irreverant in his animated movies!

I think what Lassetter basically said (according to Internet sources, JHM, etc...) was that he just never "got" Lilo and Stitch or what was so great about it.....

:?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 14th, 2007, 11:51 am

Well, neither did I...;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 14th, 2007, 1:00 pm

:P

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 18th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Not sure if anyone else caught Steve Hulett's comments a few days ago on the blog vis a vis Bolt/TFP/Rupunzel, but here they are: :)

At 8/14/2007 10:06:00 PM, Steve Hulett said...

The Frog Princess? I hate that new title: Princess and the Frog. It sounds straight to video. How's production going on that?

The story crew is doing a new pass. Not hugely different than the old pass, but they have to get the running time down. Hardly unusual.

Any progress on Glen Keane's Rapunzel? I can't wait to see this film. It looks amazing!

Good progress, I'm told.

(Note that I pay minimal attention to story development when I'm in the studios. Not my bag anymore.)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... about.html