Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » January 4th, 2005, 1:21 pm

Ben wrote:The press stuff names Dinosaur as their first CGI project (funnily enough, in clearing up over Crimbo, I found that first release, with concept pics and an early Aladar with...human lips!).
Pardon my ignorance...but what is Crimbo? And what first release are you referring to?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 4th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Crimbo = "Christmas" in the British dialect of the English language . . . I think.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Crimbo is correct - a "cheeky chappy" way of saying it I think.

The "first release" refers to that first press release I mentioned a few posts above. It was when Dinosaur was in pre-prod and they were touting it as their first CGI film. The release had some early concepts - none of which ended up in the film - but did have a finished Aladar, though with human lips that didn't look at all right. Glad they ditched them when the movie finally came out!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 5th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Ben wrote:I'll have to watch Pleasantville again and pick out the score. I don't remember it being one of his best.

The Natural is great - sheer movie magic - and valon is good too, but Pleasantville didn't really stick in my mind, for some reason.
Oh it is so awesome. Just listen to the music when the rain comes down and the townspeople experience it for the first time. Or when Jeff Daniels' character sees the paintings in the art book.

Unfortnately :evil: , the CD is almost all retro-pop songs, barely any of RN's tracks. What a cheat! :(

I love his scores for Monsters, Bug's Life and especially Finding Nemo. They are all very gentle and sweet. RN is the man!!!!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2005, 1:57 pm

You need to get the DVD!

Just checked, as I had a hunch and wa right, that the Pleasantville DVD has an ISOLATED MUSIC SCORE with Randy Newman commentary between cues!

Much better than the soundtrack CD!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Randy

Post by ShyViolet » January 7th, 2005, 2:58 pm

THanks, I will have to check that out! :o
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Toy Story 3

Post by Dajoka86 » February 16th, 2005, 5:49 pm

to get back to the topic,
isn't there anyone out there who feels that it's wrong for Disney to take this franchise away from Pixar?
I remember reading an interview with John Lasseter. He was talking about how he saw a young girl at an airport clutching a woody stuffed animal, and he was incredibly moved. He realized that these characters he loved so much and put so much time and devotion into have touched many people (kids and adults) in ways he couldnt imagine. He put his heart and soul into these projects.
And Disney feels that they have the right to rip it from his hands? No one else is upset about this here?
DJK

http://davidkantro.blogspot.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jawad » February 20th, 2005, 8:59 pm

Frankly I hate the idea of Disney doing sequels on pixar films without them. I don't really judge before seeing but knowing Disney's reputation for sequels and their goal being $$$$ not quality and story..this is a terrible idea

Jawad
Owner & Administrator
DreamWorks SKG Fansite
http://www.dreamworksfansite.com/
http://animation.dreamworksfansite.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 22nd, 2005, 7:15 pm

Crimbo is correct - a "cheeky chappy" way of saying it I think.
Ha, that's cute. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2005, 5:13 pm

While I feel it is a shame that John/Pixar will not be on TS3, there is standard Hollywood reasoning behind this all and we should not continue to look down on Disney with disgust just because they go ahead and do a sequel to a movie that can not be made in a partnership because the TWO head honchos can't get on.

No-one really moaned when Jaws was taken away from Spielberg, did they?

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 27th, 2005, 1:17 am

Ben wrote:
No-one really moaned when Jaws was taken away from Spielberg, did they?

Yeah, but none of the Jaws films AFTER the first one were really good, were they?

When people talk about the film that frightened them out of the water, they're not talking about Open Water, The Beast, Jaws 2, 3, or 4...

It's always the original Jaws because that's the film that's held up the best and that's the one that people remember.

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » March 1st, 2005, 2:06 pm

I didn't think Jaws 3-D was so bad....but how on earth did they ever get Sea World to go along with it...

"Hey! We wanna make a movie about a shark in your theme park that kills people!!!"

"Cool! Sign us up!"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 11th, 2005, 5:09 pm

"The Secret Lab" has been shut down. Am I right?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 11th, 2005, 5:39 pm

John Ratzenberger is out... So [explitive] this.
Last edited by Macaluso on March 11th, 2005, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 11th, 2005, 5:46 pm

But even if Disney had a script for Toy Story 3 that was the greatest script ever, Ratzenberger still wouldn't be involved, out of his loyalty to Pixar. His not being in Toy Story 3 is no indication of the film's quality whatsoever.