Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » December 4th, 2010, 10:20 pm

Umm...ok....And I am assuming that's what said or think..not other people? If that is the case..good job for dreamworks for bringing him in, of course he was booted anyway from disney. If that's what you think, I think it was a wise choice no matter how you look at it..and it worked.lol
Last edited by ELIOLI on December 4th, 2010, 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by droosan » December 5th, 2010, 1:25 am

They're movie studios; not football teams. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 5th, 2010, 8:59 am

People dismissed how to Train your Dragon at first because it was a Dreamworks movie. I was willing to give it a chance, but I fully expected a pop-culture joke filled Shrek fest because well. Dreamworks. Luckily I was completely wrong and encouraged lots of other people to go see it. So How to Traine your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda were both great now.

Dreamworks then doesn't raise my hopes any by confirming there could be as many as SIX Kung Fu Panda movies. What the hell

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » December 5th, 2010, 11:23 am

Yeah, sounds a little absurd..but hey now, it seems as if Pixar is following their path as well for sequels.. :/ Well, all in all, I hope both companies have all great sequels..but, have people just ran out of ideas? Well...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » December 5th, 2010, 2:27 pm

Macaluso wrote:Dreamworks then doesn't raise my hopes any by confirming there could be as many as SIX Kung Fu Panda movies. What the hell
Have you ever been afraid to be tactful and tell a favorite aunt you liked her Christmas fruitcake, because she'll load you down with three more to take home "because you liked it"?

....That's what it's getting to be like, with Katzenberg getting more and more panicky to find The Next Big Shrek. :shock:
If he keeps ramming post-KFP or Dragon audience goodwill back down their throats out of desperation, he's not going to GET any more goodwill, if the audience gets smart enough.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » December 5th, 2010, 3:01 pm

That actually made sense..nice illustration there, appropriate too..and my fears exactly.
Last edited by ELIOLI on December 5th, 2010, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2010, 3:42 pm

There will be six Kung Fu Panda movies until part 3 or 4 dies completely and then we find there was ever supposed to be 3 or 4 KFP movies. ;)

Remember, there were supposed to be five Shreks, until 3 ruined the brand, so they announced 4 as the "final" and it worked in getting backsides on seats. Now they can't go back on that, which is where the sneaky Shrek .5 comes in with the Puss In Boots spin-off. Will this be a "true" prequel/own film? Or will Shrek still get a front end cameo before the question "Hey, where DID you come from?" is asked!?

Madagascar was supposed to go to 4 films until quite a few folks didn't like number 2. At which point 3 becomes the last one. And Monsters Vs Aliens was going to be 2 or 3 films, before the first wasn't all that successful and then the other ones were promptly canned.

So...there will be endless KFP movies until they stop making money. Or until Katzenberg sells off DWA, which is the other, not so secret rumor doing Hollywood right now...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 5th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Madagascar was supposed to go to 4 films until quite a few folks didn't like number 2. At which point 3 becomes the last one.
"Madagascar" actually will be four films. Well, "probably":

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29638
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 5th, 2010, 5:10 pm

Weird that people didn't like number 2, because it was easily way funnier than the first one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 5th, 2010, 7:14 pm

I agree, Macaluso; I was 'half-and-half' on Madagascar (mostly the first half) .. but I thoroughly enjoyed Escape '2' Africa.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2010, 7:38 am

Dacey wrote:"Madagascar" actually will be four films. Well, "probably":
Exactly. In the past, JK has said that Madagascar 3 would be the last one. For sure.

But then Shrek 4, which is supposed to be the last one, becomes this unexpected smash and it leaves them in a fix. So now he's hedging his bets with a "there could be a fourth", which sounds like overkill, especially if they end up back in NYC by the end of 3, which is what he's confirmed. So the story will essentially be over, but if it makes enough money, we'll get a "footnote" #4 set in the zoo. If 3 doesn't make enough money, he's not lost face either. But more than any other animation studio, DWA is money-driven and has to keep the hits coming so it doesn't go under. Of course, that's all moot if the rumor of a sale is more than just a rumor...

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » January 17th, 2011, 4:14 am

And the Golden Globe went to Toy Story 3!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by carlminez » January 18th, 2011, 11:05 am

American_dog_2008 wrote:And the Golden Globe went to Toy Story 3!

Toy Story 3 is so preposterously overrated i want to puke.

At best, this is a fairly entertaining animated feature. But it is by no means original. The plot is tired and predictable and there is like no character development, whatsoever.

It becomes so very conspicuous that the Pixar logo provides their movies with an enormous built-in audience and a positive review from every single mainstream critic in the country - simply because they happened to be Pixar movies.

The golden globe should have gone to How To Train Your Dragon. Same thing happened a few years ago when Wall-e stole the award for best animated feature, an award that should have gone to the by far more entertaining and touching, but sadly poorly advertised movie Bolt.
Last edited by carlminez on January 18th, 2011, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 18th, 2011, 12:40 pm

droosan wrote:I agree, Macaluso; I was 'half-and-half' on Madagascar (mostly the first half) .. but I thoroughly enjoyed Escape '2' Africa.

Funny... I've never seen the Madagascar movies but I enjoy the spin-off Penguins series on Nickelodeon quite a bit!

Sequels are a different story.

Shrek 1 and 2 were more than enough for me. I just don't get the Shrek love. Gotta be a hypnosis ray or subliminal messaging in those films that I'm resistant to. I just didn't think they were very good.

How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda were very pleasant surprises, though.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » January 18th, 2011, 5:38 pm

I hope that Shrek Forever After wins the Oscar for animation.