Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 16th, 2005, 4:29 pm

They make sequels to their OWN movies and characters,

If pitof (the man who did Catwoman) make the 4th Indiana Jones, what would you expect as reactions??? (yes i dare compare today's Disney Company to Pitof's Catwoman.. same craps)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 16th, 2005, 4:34 pm

You sure have an axe to grind. Nobody's forcing you to watch anything.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » March 16th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Kinoo wrote:They make sequels to their OWN movies and characters,
A sequel is a sequel no matter who makes it. Dreamworks doing a sequel to Shark Tale would be no better or worse than Fox doing the sequel (although why you would want to make a Shark Tale sequel is beyond me :) ).

Also, this is an animated-news board meaning that this is a family site. Can you stop using bad words (I like debating with people, but someone recently got banned for saying stupid things).

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 16th, 2005, 6:27 pm

Kinoo wrote:(yes i dare compare today's Disney Company to Pitof's Catwoman.. same craps)
Kinoo, you just beat yourself in this argument! I mean, look at what Warner Bros. is doing to several of their properties. And if the other studios had as many famous properties as Disney and Warner Bros., I have a feeling they would do the same thing too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » March 16th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Mickey A wrote:I mean, look at what Warner Bros. is doing to several of their properties.
:Cough:Loonatics:Cough:
-Michael

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 16th, 2005, 7:39 pm

Well seeing who's directing it (I loved lion king 1 1/2) and producing it (i loved treasure planet and hunchback), I'm a little more optomistic.

Still sucks not having the right Hamm voice :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 16th, 2005, 8:35 pm

I wonder if Hamm will even have a speaking role. He may just be a character we see in the background, since Ratzenberger won't be voicing him. After all, Hamm did little more than provide sarcastic wit- a feature which could be replaced by giving Mr. Potato Head more lines.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » March 16th, 2005, 9:35 pm

I'm sure Disney can easily find a Ratzenberger sound-alike for the job. They have found sound-alikes for many characters on TV shows. You may say that Ratz had a distiguishable voice...but so did Robin Williams and many other Disney characters. However, they the voice-overs sound fine on the TV shows.
-Michael

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 16th, 2005, 9:40 pm

What I meant is that Disney may not want to replace Ratzenberger, just out of respect. I am probably wrong, though. After all, they replaced him in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins. I still don't think Hamm will have a large role in the film, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 17th, 2005, 1:56 am

I wonder if Hamm will even have a speaking role. He may just be a character we see in the background
Kind of what I was thinking.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 30th, 2005, 3:52 pm

Mark my words...

Disney WILL NEVER MAKE THIS FILM!

Assuming that Mr. Iger wants to demonstrate his independence from Michael Eisner (a joke if I ever heard it -- Iger was SELECTED by Eisner to "replace" him) AND does actually manage to hatch a new deal with Pixar, he'll kill this film to ensure good will with Pixar and Steve Jobs.

As noted on several animation forums, the story guys working on Toy Story 3 for Disney have contracts that only last a few months of THIS year. Honestly, does that sound like Disney is REALLY committed to making this film???

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 1st, 2005, 2:51 pm

I'm not so sure about that. I mean, they *do* have a director.

I imagine that the film will be made, but it will take quite some time for it to get released.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 3rd, 2005, 11:17 pm

Estelle Harris was in HotR, Brother Bear, Teachers Pet, and about 100 other Disney movies
*useless trivia*--She was also in Dick Tracy (1990) where she played Tess Trueheart's mom. :wink:

Who did she play in TS again?

Whoops--correction!

That was Estelle Parsons. (my mistake) :oops:

Personally I'd much rather see TS 3 come from Pixar, of course. They're the only ones who truly have a good grasp on these characters. But if Disney did make this film, I'd see it anyway--who knows--maybe they'll even improve on it to a degree. There's really no way to know.

Also, wouldn't it be REALLY WEIRD if TS 3 (made by only Disney) was up against Cars??? :shock: :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 3rd, 2005, 11:28 pm

And yes, Wendy's Jane, The Secret Lab was shut down a couple of years ago. Disney's new Pixar-rip-off plant is called The Sequel Lab...
Or "Pixarn't" :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 4th, 2005, 1:51 am

[quote="Wendy's Jane"]I'm not so sure about that. I mean, they *do* have a director.

I imagine that the film will be made, but it will take quite some time for it to get released.[/quote]

Having a director really doesn't mean anything. A bunch of movies die in pre-production or get shelved for a variety of reasons.

Believe me, if Disney DOES negotiate a new deal with Pixar to distribute Pixar movies, the new head of Disney WILL kill Toy Story 3 to keep good will with Pixar.

TS3 is a hedge-bet by Disney in case they do lose Pixar... This film will not go forward if the deal with Pixar is renegotiated.