Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 15th, 2005, 8:05 pm

I think Disney is treating this sequel with a much higher regard than people think the studio is. Probably the worst thing Disney has done so far publicly with Toy Story 3 is announced that it wouldn't be the studio's main film for the year of its release (whenever that year is going to be). Because of that announcement, I have a feeling people are thinking, "Oh, so this is a second-class project, eh?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 16th, 2005, 5:57 am

This IS a second class project open your eyes! The era when Disneywould have make a movie and put money into it for its originality and its story is finished! Toy Story3-4, Monsters2, Incredibles2, Cars2 will be cheap making movies but with certain incomes!

Anyway, i see that some person here are ready to say AMEN whatever master Disney would do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » March 16th, 2005, 7:12 am

This is not about saying "AMEN" to everything Disney does. Most people here are smart enough NOT to judge a movie before it's released. And besides, where is all this "no sequels" thing coming from? Movies are entertainment, so why can't they entertain you some more? Disney could and still can entertain, I'm sure.
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 16th, 2005, 7:15 am

Disney could and still can entertain, I'm sure.
With thousand of sequels a year and one original movie? Others studios sure can entertain better than Disney, last examples: , The Incredibles,SharkTales, ROBOTS, and japanese anime such as Ghibli's.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » March 16th, 2005, 7:44 am

I'm not saying all sequels are entertaining... I'm saying that you shouldn't generalize them and be a little more positive. It will make your life a whole lot easier and less frustrating! I always say "[insert title] IS great, unless proven otherwise". That's just my 2 cents ;)
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by splinewrangler » March 16th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Damn. By that logic, Pixar should of never made Toy Story 2.

Face it, Pixar is just as guilty of trying to make a buck that everyone else is. This is a business. Making money is the objective. Maybe the artists don't see it that way, but I gurantee the management does- at every studio. Beloved Pixar included.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 16th, 2005, 12:10 pm

The Incredibles,SharkTales, ROBOTS, and japanese anime such as Ghibli's.
Don't forget Shrek 2.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 16th, 2005, 2:12 pm

And there has even been talk of sequel to Shark Tale, along with two more Shrek sequels and a Puss in Boots spin-off movie. Keep in mind that we don't know these other studios wouldn't make a ton of sequels as well, if their libraries were as vast as Disney's.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 16th, 2005, 2:26 pm

anyway, the characters from Puss in Boots and SHREK stays in the studios that create them, not like Toy Story 3 done by dollarsmakers Disney.

Did you read the new plot revealed by Orlando Sentinel? i hope this is a big joke, BUZZ LIGHTYEAR recalled in Taiwan??? What's the f.ck?? Is it the only way Disney found to not have to pay Tom Hanks as Woody again as this plot seems to focus on Buzz (lets take the guy who did his voice in the TV show)?

PS: Chris Wedge in the very same article called Disney's move to piggyback on Pixar's creativity "misguided and depressing." Was he involved in toy Story? no need to get involved in Pixar movies to see taht Disney is doing something pathetic, just open the two holes that used to be eyes.
Last edited by Kinoo on March 16th, 2005, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 16th, 2005, 2:32 pm

So Disney wants to make money but DreamWorks doesn't?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 16th, 2005, 2:42 pm

I think the idea of Buzz Lightyear being re-called opens up a flood of creative possibilities and morals. Think about it: to be misunderstood as inappropriate and unworthy of love, to be an object of imperfection- that sounds like a great sequel to me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 16th, 2005, 2:42 pm

There is the ART of doing money but you can't understand. Just comment on the last new about the new plot revealed by Orlando Sentinel. (or maybe it is that you fear to say anything negative on Disney and not have pass to their premieres anymore??)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 16th, 2005, 2:48 pm

You must work at either Pixar or one of Disney's rival studios, the way you are taking things so personally. Haven't you ever heard of agreeing to disagree? There's no need to get that angry over a couple of people's opinions- especially when you seem to be on the side that a vast majority of people are on.

And I haven't even been within a thousand miles of one of Disney's premieres.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to Toy Story 3's plot, I also find it fascinating that, in a way, the plot is like that of Buzz Lightyear dying, in that he gets taken away from his friends and goes to meet his "maker".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 16th, 2005, 3:10 pm

I've only been to one premiere before (Aladdin, and that was just for the DVD) and I have no clue when there may be another one (thought there would be one for Bambi but there wasn't). I was invited by DreamWorks to see some episodes of Father of the Pride in advance and I wrote a more favorable review about it than any of the other people there did, then they didn't invite me to screenings of SharkTale or Shrek 2. If you read all my articles you'll see I've said lots of things about Disney products, including going out of my way to make statements in support of them continuing traditional, hand-drawn animation and how they better not think that they should make nothing but CGI films from now on. If I still seem overly nice to them I do the same with DreamWorks too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » March 16th, 2005, 4:26 pm

Kinoo wrote:anyway, the characters from Puss in Boots and SHREK stays in the studios that create them, not like Toy Story 3 done by dollarsmakers Disney.

Did you read the new plot revealed by Orlando Sentinel? i hope this is a big joke, BUZZ LIGHTYEAR recalled in Taiwan??? Is it the only way Disney found to not have to pay Tom Hanks as Woody again as this plot seems to focus on Buzz (lets take the guy who did his voice in the TV show)?.
Pre production of Toy Story was done at Feature Animation. TS is just as much Disney's as it is Pixars. As for the plot, who ever thought a plot about woody being sold to a Japanese museum would be interesting? You can't judge the whole movie by a 2 line synopsis of the plot. Also, why not focus on Buzz. TS2 focused on Woody.

As for sequels, people tend to love sequels. How many Bond films, Star Wars films, LotR, Harry Potter, or Indiana Jones films have their been. All are sequels of the original. Also, EVERY other animation studio makes sequels. Shrek 2/3/4, Puss in Boots, Ice Age 2, (possibly) Shark Tale 2, Toy Story 2.

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]