Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 25th, 2006, 9:50 pm

I hope such is the case, Ben. But what I want to know is, when is Lasseter going to find time to do all of this stuff.

By the way, thanks for the news, Violet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 25th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Well, he *is* Superman...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2006, 10:04 pm

By the way, thanks for the news, Violet.
No problem! :wink: Thanks for putting me on the front page. :oops:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2006, 10:27 pm

But what I want to know is, when is Lasseter going to find time to do all of this stuff.
Hey, Jeffrey Katzenberg's been doing it for twenty years. :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 25th, 2006, 10:34 pm

JK and JL can't BOTH be Superman!

One of them has to be Lex Luthur. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 25th, 2006, 10:54 pm

So, was it ever intended to be a "trilogy"? And did Lasseter and Company look at the version Circle 7 was working on and deem it too awful to continue with?

My belief is that any story can be made good and entertaining. It doesn't even matter if it's Toy Story 67 (for purposes of exaggeration). The general consensus is that Toy Story 2 was exceptionally good. Well, what if Toy Story 2 had been something else then they made Toy Story 3 - 66, then used the story we all know from part 2 for a Toy Story 67? Would it then be a bad story? You can all jump all over me and say, "Sequels are always bad and even when they aren't that bad they're still not very good and even when they are very good they are just the exception," but that doesn't counter the logic I have presented.
Many people consider the sixth Star Wars movie made as the best of the bunch, or at least better than the third, fourth, and fifth ones made. I know not everybody thinks that but there are enough who think that to show that people can enjoy a sixth movie in a series of movies.

Please don't hold the fact that I am exaggerating numbers here for purposes of illustration against Pixar or Disney or whatever.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 26th, 2006, 8:04 am

As with most "trilogies", it ws never intended to be a trilogy.

TS2 was going to be a DTV until Lasseter stepped in and was worried about how his characters were going to be used. Pixar apparently stumped up the extra cash needed to rework the film and make it at theatrical quality, and of course it went out and made big moolah.

So, Disney wants a third one, and Lasseter came up with a plan to make a third feature the final one (so there wouldn't be TS66 or 67).

Although the trilogy idea was never thought about when they made the first one (hey, that was such a risk, remember?), it came up while marketing the second, and Lasseter could see a viable and artistic way to bring final closure to these characters and create an end to their overall story.

While Lasseter saw this as a final once-around, Disney was happy to milk it for TS3, 4, 5, 6... Now he's the big cheese, I'd have thought that a final outing for Woody and Buzz was certainly on the cards under his co-direction.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2006, 9:07 am

I don't think they ever started working on TS3 in the first place...My favorite was when Disney released photoshopped screengrabs of TS2. Classic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 26th, 2006, 11:18 am

My favorite was when Disney released photoshopped screengrabs of TS2.
That doesn't necessarily mean they were faking it. It probably just means there wasn't any official TS3 art to even use yet.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 26th, 2006, 11:51 am

Ben wrote:...and of course it went out and made big moolah.
Deservedly so. 100% on the Tomatometer and a Best Picture Golden Globe. Not too shabby for a animated sequel!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2006, 11:53 am

Actually, it's the highest rated movie of all time (Accoreding to RT).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 26th, 2006, 12:00 pm

I think it's an excellent movie and I've seen it numerous times. Somehow there's many movies I still like better.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 26th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:JK and JL can't BOTH be Superman!

One of them has to be Lex Luthur. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Hey, tht guy was on Jeopardy last night! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2006, 4:49 pm

JK and JL can't BOTH be Superman!

One of them has to be Lex Luthur.

JL is Superman...JK is Clark Kent.

The hero that no one sees because everyone is so enamoured with Superman. :roll: