Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

t3

Post by spaz » March 16th, 2007, 3:16 am

thank God. sadly Pixar has been assumed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 16th, 2007, 4:15 am

For what, spaz? :?
ShyViolet wrote:Well, THAT Zurg doll turned good. But who's to say there can't be another Zurg doll out there who's evil? :wink:
Yeah, but that was his decision, no? This would be beyond his control, so to speak..... Eh, on second thought, its just silly, and redudant.

I like your idea though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 17th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Thanks Dan. :) :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 18th, 2007, 2:08 pm

Spaz returns!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » April 10th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Toy Story 3 rumored to be in 3-D

Do you guys think it will be released in 3-D?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 10th, 2007, 2:11 pm

Yes, probably.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 10th, 2007, 6:27 pm

I hope they release WALL-E in 3D.
That could turn out a special expierence, especially the first "silent" part of the film

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 11th, 2007, 10:16 pm

Quote:
Anyways....all I meant was that these films kind of feel like they exist in a time capsule.
Exactly, and it reminds me a great deal of my own childhood
Aaaaah, Memories Very Happy

I also always thought it was a (bit) conspicuous how Andy has a cowboy doll and an astronaut doll as his favorite toys. (I don't think too many kids nowadays do, although I'm sure there are some.)

They are basically the symbol of the late 50s/early 60s.....Lassetter's childhood in other words. The first film was pretty much contained in Andy's room so you didn't have much of problem with that.....the second film expanded beyond his room, but lucked out because of Al the Toy Guy being an uber Toy collector with old VHS copies of a 50's TV show and tons of old memorabilia, etc....

I can't help wondering how the third film is going to handle this issue. IMHO they should bring it back to Andy's room because that's where it started and that's where a lot of the emotional core is, the relationships between the toys and fears of being thrown out, etc....if they start talking more about the outside world it's just going to become even more blatantly obvious that this film was conceived with a 1950's world in mind.....especially by 2010.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 12th, 2007, 2:10 pm

I hope they release WALL-E in 3D.
Now THAT would be awesome. I mean...DANG.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2007, 1:28 pm

I know no one has brought up the name "Circle 7" in a long time, but I can't help but (even though I'm happy that Pixar is doing this now) think about their story, both the film's story and what REALLY happened to them. I think a lot of things were NOT told about that....

I mean, look at this interesting excerpt from Jim Hill's article when the Pixar merger first occured:
And then there's the whole Steve-Jobs-is-now-on-Disney's-board-of-directors issue. If Iger thought he had his hands full dealing with Roy Disney & Stanley Gold and/or if Iger thought that Michael Eisner was a micro-manager ... Well, those three are going to seem like a walk in the park compared to Steve Jobs.

But you know who I feel the worst for? John Lasseter. I mean, here is a guy who's already beloved in animation circles ... Who's about to walk into a minefield.

I mean, John's about to become the new ubermeister of animation at Disney. Meaning that he'll be riding herd of what gets produced at Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Feature Animation, DisneyToon Studios and Circle 7 Studios (Yep. That's right. Contrary to popular belief, Circle 7 is not going away. Look for this tiny little studio to become a key component of the whole Disney/Pixar business plan).

What....the.....

I know some of them were "redistributed", but weren't most of them fired? What the heck happened anyway? I know there was some talk of a few guys going to DisneyToon or the DTV department (yeah, THAT worked out really well :?) but the way it turned out in the end was that most of them were canned....why did Circle 7 disappear like that? Did Iger decree it? Did Lassetter, or Jobs or Cook? I just find it really interesting is all. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 13th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Perhaps this may be the cause of some of your confusion...
I mean, look at this interesting excerpt from Jim Hill's article when the Pixar merger first occured:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 13th, 2007, 4:21 pm

:lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Well, maybe....:wink:

But even though he's sometimes wrong he's often right. (The IMDB poster, and apparent WDFA insider, I referenced in the MTR thread attested to the fact that JL did indeed want to cut Bowler Hat Guy, just as Jim said....:wink:)

Of course it's IMDB and you can't fully trust that either, it's true, but at least you can't say that this information is only coming from one source.

Plus, if I remember semi-correctly, wasn't there a whole lot of talk at the time of Disney keeping Circle 7 or at least converting them to a DTV spin-off or short film factory? Then the next thing we knew, yadda yadda yadda, Circle 7 was history. :?
Last edited by ShyViolet on April 14th, 2007, 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Here's an interesting article that summarizes the whole TS3/Circle 7/Pixar mess, but isn't real clear on exactly what ended up happening to them...
They say that according to some published reports, "Disney has made every attempt" to re-distribute 140 out of the 170 employees, and that they only laid off 30 people. I suspect it was more than that and I also seriously doubt that 140 employees were given new jobs at the Walt Disney company, whether in WDFA or the soon to be shuttered Disney Toons studio....for crying out loud, just a few months after Circle 7 closed down we were told that WDFA was laying off 160 employees. :roll:

Those are some of the reasons why I think there's a lot more to this than we've actually heard.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1204709,00.html

Also, EW's headline is just so poorly phrased (Why I am not surprised? :?)
Woody: The Untold Story
The ''Toy Story'' movie you’ll never see -- The story behind Pixar’s lost jobs, lost money, and lost movie

Um, Pixar's lost jobs? :wink: :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 24th, 2008, 12:02 pm

I couldn't remember which was the last thread used to discuss Toy Story 3. A search led to this one, so I thought I bring this news up here. :)

Looks like the entire Toy Story trilogy is going 3-D! I've wanted to see the first two films on the big screen again. Hence, I'm very excited about the opportunity to see them in 3-D.