Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 2nd, 2010, 11:46 pm

Whoops! Major mistake on my part there!

I confused him with Timothy Spall! Spall is Wormtail in the HP films and Nathanial in "Enchanted," but Dalton was none other than Mr. Bond himself in "The Living Daylights" and "Licence to Kill."

Anyhoo, boo-boo is fixed now. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 10th, 2010, 3:08 pm

Why is Ken in TS3? :P I know Barbie was in TS2 but Ken... Can't wait to see the next new trailer.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 11th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Just watched the new trailer.

This...looks...so...great.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Toy Story 3 set for 2010!

Post by Pepik » February 12th, 2010, 1:09 am

Just saw the new trailer and now i really can't wait any longer for the movie...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » February 12th, 2010, 2:54 pm

The trailer does look amazing. I do see traces of some Michael Arndt-esque humor (like in the Ken/Barbie thing and the final Potato Head gag.)

Not to bring up something from the Rapunzel thread, but some comments on the TAG blog site regarding Toy Story 3 have been unbelievable. Consider this:
I'm hoping that Toy Story 3 falls flat on its face. I'm not looking forward to the big rush of pixar sequels lining up at the gate - Cars 2, Monsters Inc 2, et al. Plus I'm tired of their holier than thou attitude. A little humility didn't hurt anyone.
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... ondom.html

Wow, bitter much? Especially since films like Cars and Ratatouille haven't been earning as much, coupled with Kung Fu Panda's puzzling sweep at last year's Annie awards. That and no one has actually seen Cars 2 or Monsters Inc. 2 (or Toy Story 3, for that matter.)

Sorry to bring this up here, but commenting on that site, even if it is anonymously, would do no good at all. I saw what happened to EricJ, even if I didn't agree 100% with everything he said or the way he said it. Which makes me wonder if the bitter comments are being made by just a few unrepresentative loudmouths...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 12th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Some people just want Pixar to fail SO BADLY because they've consistently put out successful movies that are all pretty universally praised (whether or not you like them is up to you). So they feel they need to stumble at least once for... some reason that I'll never really get.

On top of that, it's funny that the guy says "I hope it falls flat on its face" as if there's even a tiny chance the third and final installment of the TOY STORY series would do bad in theaters.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Toy Story 3 set for 2010!

Post by Bill1978 » February 12th, 2010, 5:59 pm

That new trailer is great. Wonderful to see the whole gang back. One little strange thing is why does Andy have a Barbie doll in his collection? I'm going to assume she is a left over from his sister's collection that got mixed up with his collection.

Does anyone know if Bo Beep is going to be in the movie? I always liked the way Woody and Bo Beep flirted with each other, but I can't see why they would send a lamp to daycare?

Ken looks like he could be an interesting character, will be interesting to see if his character has a change of heart otherwise Mattell may struggle to sell Ken dolls to impressionable little girls. Actually is Ken back to being Barbie's boyfriend or did I just make that bit up?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 12th, 2010, 11:14 pm

The trailers actually make me really want to see it. I'm not a sequel fan but it looks like it will be a lot of fun. :D

Ken is in fact Barbie's boyfriend again. What I don't understand is why/how they got barbie and ken in there? I guess they a had a close collaborative effort with Mattel (I wouldn't think Mattel would want the barbie line tarnished)?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 13th, 2010, 12:58 am

Do you see all the other real life toys in there? I imagine the toy companies would leap at the chance to allow Pixar to use their stuff in a Toy Story movie. Hell, Mr. Potato Head is one of the main characters, and he's an actual non-movie toy.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re:

Post by Randall » February 13th, 2010, 1:05 am

Macaluso wrote:Some people just want Pixar to fail SO BADLY because they've consistently put out successful movies that are all pretty universally praised (whether or not you like them is up to you). So they feel they need to stumble at least once for... some reason that I'll never really get.
Some people like winners. These people are called winners.

Some peole like to see others fail, and resent seeing anyone be successful. These people are called losers. I don't understand them either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 13th, 2010, 3:13 am

The TAG blog is taken over by Dreamworks employees, who, being DW, are perpetually schoolyard and disgruntled, and being union, are continually trying to wishfully mass-buzz imaginary rumors into reality. Sort of like Avatar fans. :P
(Of course, how can you tell who's still posting when everyone's Anonymous?... 8) )

That said, I like the second TS3 trailer a lot better too--
Count me in that audience that looked at the first teaser and said "That's it, Buzz speaks Spanish, that's the movie?"
Here, we at least get a hint of the "Sinister retirement-community" parody for Pixar storytelling, and where the "Andy grows up" plot will go for Pixar hugginess...C'mon, we should know by now they never tell us anything till the last minute!
Foxtale wrote:Ken is in fact Barbie's boyfriend again. What I don't understand is why/how they got barbie and ken in there? I guess they a had a close collaborative effort with Mattel (I wouldn't think Mattel would want the barbie line tarnished)?
Uh, ISTR Barbie was in the second movie?
(She was supposed to be in the first movie, but that was when Mattel didn't want the corporate "tarnish", and BoPeep ended up being Woody's main squeeze.)

But while we're spotting Pixar/Lasseter Easter-eggs early, notice anyone furry and familiar? :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2010, 2:43 pm

There's just such a good, nostalgic feeling (both for the original toys and the original movies) that the Toy Story films create that TS3 will be no different. It is going to be a huge smash and there's no stopping it. I just get a silly smile on my face just from the posters and trailers.

It could be possible that Cars 2 won't do so great, which I actually think could be a shame. I didn't like Cars that much (there I said it. Again) but the whole international caper/chase movie vibe that's coming from it has me hooked.

And for those saying Pixar is getting stuck in sequel rut? Yep, John Carter and 1906 sure look like sure things to me, and not at all like the risky and innovative projects and compete 180 turns for the animation studio that they are.

Pixar are on a roll, people, and for good reason. My only "complaint" would be that the top brass there just don't seem to be doing their Disney side much good right now, though that's another discussion and not really anything down to Pixar's own output. Shame that their inspirations don't seem to be getting the same deal though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 15th, 2010, 5:51 pm

My only issue with Cars 2 (as I'm sure I'll enjoy it, as I enjoyed the first one) is that it's going to be released next year. I don't think they should have done two sequels in a row. If they had done TS3, then Newt (or whichever was next) and then Cars 2, it wouldn't bother me as much. I was hoping for a new original after Toy Story 3 and not a sequel

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » February 16th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Apparently, Newt has unfortunately be cancelled, which is disappointing because that was the upcoming Pixar project I was most looking forward to.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 16th, 2010, 4:02 pm

No surprise, a Toy Story 3 video game will be coming out on all major platforms. Sounds promising, hope it will be as fun as the TS2 game. The HD is gonna be sweet!