Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2010, 5:31 am

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 18th, 2010, 8:48 am

There are 99 reviews. Will the 100th review be a good one, or will a bad one swoop in at the last minute?!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by Vernadyn » June 18th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Wow. Lots to say. For now, I'll just say that while it certainly lives up to the previous Toy Story films, it feels closer to the first one to the second, at least for me. I'll have to see it a few more times in order to determine whether I like it more than the second, but it definitely delivers lots of humor and emotion. The climax is certainly the most intense out of all the Toy Story films. I liked the "epilogue" scenes during the first part of the credits, but was kind of hoping for a final post-credits scene. Currently my favorite film of the year, followed by Kick Ass and How To Train Your Dragon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » June 18th, 2010, 6:48 pm

Armond White posted his review... and like we all knew, it's Rotten... lol... :lol:
This guy's a joke :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 18th, 2010, 7:26 pm

So there's nothing after the credits?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » June 18th, 2010, 10:40 pm

I saw the midnight showing yesterday. Lived up to my expectations and then some. :D A fantastic movie. There were a ton of surprises and heartfelt plot twists even for someone like me who had previously seen every trailer and feature-ette released. :D

Since it was the midnight showing there were a ton of movie goers in costume.

Macaluso- There is an epilogue in the credits but after the epilogue is over there is no bonus at the very end. I always stay anyway to see all the people whose hard work and effort went into the movie.

I think the best part was when big baby was on the swing and then his head turned around suddenly and was frightening. The whole theater was quiet except for one single guy that had screamed. And the whole theater started laughing. :P
So was it just me or did it seem like that movie marked the end of an era for Pixar?
Last edited by Foxtale on June 18th, 2010, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 19th, 2010, 8:03 pm

It should mark the end of Pixar's childhood.

Let's hope Toy Story STAYS a trilogy.

There's no reason to make sequels to half these films.

(The sad thing is that executives will point to this series as a reason to DO sequels and remakes.)

Story's been told in most cases.

To be honest, I'll probably wait until TS3 comes out on home video.

I'm in no big rush to watch it and hype pretty much keeps me away from the movies that come out anyway...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » June 19th, 2010, 9:54 pm

And that's a shame, because this film was really good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 20th, 2010, 12:22 am

I mean. There's hype, and then there's 100% on rotten tomatoes if not for two sourpusses. It really is that great of a movie. You should go see it.

about the movie:
The incinerator scene. Jesus, the movie got the darkest any Pixar movie ever had before. The incinerator scene was the most terrifying thing they had ever done in their movies as well. Until the claw comes, they are literally just excepting their death by BURNING, since they can't get out. I think that's the most tense I've ever been to a scene in their movies.
Moderator's Note: Mac, even hiding expletives isn't respecting the code of conduct here at AV. As a long-term member on the boards, and clearly as someone making a valid point, we'll let this slip, but be warned: no strong language, even in hidden blocks. Thanks - Ben.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » June 20th, 2010, 1:51 am

I remember reading somewhere before the movie that
Sid
made an appearance, possibly blink and you'll miss them. Is this true?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 20th, 2010, 3:07 am

Also, in keeping with the tradition of director voice cameos, that's Teddy "Day & Night" Newton as Chatter the Telephone, and Bud "Boundin'" Luckey playing the voice of the clown, Chuckles.

(A little song, a little dance, a better studio than the one that gave us "Antz"...) :mrgreen:

GeorgeC

Re:

Post by GeorgeC » June 20th, 2010, 6:59 am

Macaluso wrote:I mean. There's hype, and then there's 100% on rotten tomatoes if not for two sourpusses. It really is that great of a movie. You should go see it.

about the movie:
The incinerator scene. Jesus, the movie got the darkest any Pixar movie ever had before. The incinerator scene was the most terrifying thing they had ever done in their movies as well. Until the claw comes, they are literally just excepting their death by BURNING, since they can't get out. I think that's the most tense I've ever been to a scene in their movies.

Yeah, I'll grant you that, Mac.

But honestly, it's been a really, really blah year for films.

Movie attendance is way down. Lots of people are skipping the "new" movies and waiting for cable and on-demand releases. It's just too expensive for most of us to take our families on a movie outing when you know 85-90% you're going to be disappointed.

The sequels and remakes aren't doing it for a lot of people -- me included..

Sure, the Toy Story films are nice, but they're still basically retellings of the same original premise from 1995...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » June 20th, 2010, 8:03 am

Great movie.:)
Eric, still the same as ever. :roll:
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » June 20th, 2010, 8:49 am

And Toy Story 3 is set to make about $115 million this weekend, so this is definitely one sequel that has gotten a lot of people interested and expect word-of-mouth will be phenomenal. I will not be surprised if this becomes the highest grossing film of the year, the most successful Disney/Pixar release and the most successful animated film of all-time.
Bill1978 wrote:I remember reading somewhere before the movie that
Sid
made an appearance, possibly blink and you'll miss them. Is this true?
Yep, he's a garbage man.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Re:

Post by Whippet Angel » June 20th, 2010, 2:18 pm

GeorgeC wrote:Sure, the Toy Story films are nice, but they're still basically retellings of the same original premise from 1995...
Not really. The first was about friendship and acceptance, the second was mostly about finding purpose in life, and the third was about letting go and moving on. Each film stands quite nicely on its own.
MACALUSO wrote:I mean. There's hype, and then there's 100% on rotten tomatoes if not for two sourpusses. It really is that great of a movie. You should go see it.

about the movie:
Dude!
I felt the entire film was unusually dark, but I couldn't believe how intense that scene was. I knew they weren't really going to die, but the filmmakers did a great job of making us feel as if they were.