Toy Story 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by Josh » March 16th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Today, Disney screened Toy Story 3 at ShoWest in Las Vegas. Here are the first reviews:
Latino Review wrote:[...]just as funny, sweet, adventurous, sad and goofy as the previous Toy Story movies.
Cinema Blend wrote:Toy Story 3 takes many big risks, and twists your heart around as much as Wall-E and Up, but at times it felt far safer than what we've come to expect from them. And yet, I guarantee you will enjoy this film.
Meanwhile, The Pixar Blog is doing an excellent job at tracking Twitter reviews for Toy Story 3.
Last edited by Josh on March 16th, 2010, 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

When will the Toy Story Blu-Ray Reviews Be Up?

Post by LotsoA113 » March 20th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Soon I hope.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 20th, 2010, 1:52 pm

The first, at least, should be up within the next week, I think. Copies are well on their way to reviewer now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 20th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Sounds like everyone liked it and cried at the end. They were right about Up..sure theyr'e right here. :D

Can't wait to see who's revealed this week...Mr. Pricklepants or the
Bookworm?
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 20th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Yeah, but at this point...we have a pretty good idea of the story. We've had the last of the plot-divulging full-trailers that Pixar plans to give us, for the time being.
WHO FREAKIN' CARES about Which New Character They Haven't Shown Us Yet, as we already have some general grasp by now about who will directly affect the outcome of the plot, who is just there for a few side-gags, and who is just drawn into the background.

Yes, we're all excited about TS3 as well. But frankly, the New TS3 Characters Cult for its own sake is beginning to look a little desperate and sad.
For one thing, we know with some degree of confidence that your namesake and avatar-buddy is only a minor but supporting character in the story, whose role is largely there to establish some exposition and satirical atmosphere...We're not exactly talking Jessie or Stinky Pete, here.
And when TS2 opened, we didn't say "Wow, there's all-new characters, one's a horse and one's a PENGUIN!!", nor did we wonder with hushed, awed tones what roles George Carlin or Cheech Marin's characters would play in Cars. With Pixar, it's pretty much an ensemble vegetable soup, and you're not supposed to taste any one ingredient in the flavor.

I mean, sheesh...It opens in two months, and then you'll know everything, and half of the minor stuff you won't even remember a year later. Let it freakin' GO.

(And if Ben's going to leap on me for being snarky to a newcomer, I'll just say this, in the name of general misplaced exasperation:
Lots...we know you're excited about joining the forum. We like a few new people here, too. But do not feel that we are compelling you to respond to EVERY SINGLE thread on the forum over the last 18 months, three times a day each. Especially if you don't really have that much to say and just want to make small talk. All things in moderation.)
Last edited by EricJ on March 20th, 2010, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » March 20th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Don't get you panties in a bunch. :? Let Ben say something..not you.
Welcome to the Forums Lots!
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 20th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Thanks Elioli. I'm glad to be here.
EricJ wrote:Yeah, but at this point...we have a pretty good idea of the story. We've had the last of the plot-divulging full-trailers that Pixar plans to give us, for the time being.
WHO FREAKIN' CARES about Which New Character They Haven't Shown Us Yet, as we already have some general grasp by now about who will directly affect the outcome of the plot, who is just there for a few side-gags, and who is just drawn into the background.

Yes, we're all excited about TS3 as well. But frankly, the New TS3 Characters Cult for its own sake is beginning to look a little desperate and sad.
For one thing, we know with some degree of confidence that your namesake and avatar-buddy is only a minor but supporting character in the story, whose role is largely there to establish some exposition and satirical atmosphere...We're not exactly talking Jessie or Stinky Pete, here.
And when TS2 opened, we didn't say "Wow, there's all-new characters, one's a horse and one's a PENGUIN!!", nor did we wonder with hushed, awed tones what roles George Carlin or Cheech Marin's characters would play in Cars. With Pixar, it's pretty much an ensemble vegetable soup, and you're not supposed to taste any one ingredient in the flavor.

I mean, sheesh...It opens in two months, and then you'll know everything, and half of the minor stuff you won't even remember a year later. Let it freakin' GO.

(And if Ben's going to leap on me for being snarky to a newcomer, I'll just say this, in the name of general misplaced exasperation:
Lots...we know you're excited about joining the forum. We like a few new people here, too. But do not feel that we are compelling you to respond to EVERY SINGLE thread on the forum over the last 18 months, three times a day each. Especially if you don't really have that much to say and just want to make small talk. All things in moderation.)
First off, it's been 11 years since Toy Story 2. Anything new about it is welcome.

Plus, there are 14 new characters this time around and their bio's help strengthen the film for me. It gives them character development. Plus, it's cool to impress my pals when the film is over that I know this.

Also, I remember minor stuff like that. Maybe you don't..but I do. For instance, here are all the animators who worked on Princess and the Frog.

Also, I'm sorry about posting a lot. Bad weather today (MORE SNOW?!!? IN TEXAS??), but it won't happen again. Sorry.

Still, I don't exactly think it's the end of the world to be excited for something and express my happiness for newly revealed content. Sorry.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 22nd, 2010, 8:44 am

The only thing I'll say, Lots, is...

Please don't keep quoting full and long previous posts in every answer you make, especially when replying to the very same comment in the post right above your new one.

Other than that, welcome to the boards, and please feel free to post as much as you want as long as, as Eric said, there's a bit of a point to it. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 22nd, 2010, 8:49 am

Don't we already have a TS BD thread, Dan? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 22nd, 2010, 8:21 pm

Thanks Ben. Lvoe the site, reviews and forum. Keep up the good work!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 23rd, 2010, 9:28 pm

Two new characters! Presenting..Dolly and Mr. Pricklepants!

http://pixarplanet.com/blog/images/1031.jpg
http://pixarplanet.com/blog/images/1030.jpg

Mr. P is voiced by Timothy Dalton and dolly is voiced by Bonnie Hunt. Love these guys! Only 4 more characters to go.

By the way,
there's a rumour going round that Woody and Co, might end up at a different house. Why? Well in the computer scene in the trailer, there's a fridge in the background and a sticky that remind about airplane tickets. Also, on the Toy Story 3 site, there's two new character pages: One for Sunnyside folk (Sparks, Lotso, Twitch, Stretch) and one for More New Characters like the ones shown in the computer scene.
This could be very exciting...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 23rd, 2010, 10:47 pm

Lots, please post "warnings" before reporting a story rumor. Thanks. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » March 24th, 2010, 8:22 am

Anybody else check out the Toy Story 3 previews on the newly released Toy Story Blu-Rays? There's only a bit as it's mainly Lee Unkrich talking about the story and new characters. But, the most interesting story point not yet revealed is that:
Buzz and the other toys choose to go to Sunnyside Daycare. Interesting decision.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 24th, 2010, 4:07 pm

Is it anything major? Tempted to click...

Love the two new characters, they're both cute. Dolly reminds me of that character from MTR.

By the way, "hid" Lotso's rumor and merged the TS blu thread here.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 24th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Thanks, Dan. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."