Shrek

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 15th, 2006, 7:23 pm

:(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 15th, 2006, 7:51 pm

Are you guys happy now? Vi's sad :cry:

Anyway, I also thought the Donkey and Puss switching bodies was cute :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 15th, 2006, 8:15 pm

I'm not saying the movie will be bad, it just wasn't a good trailer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 15th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Aw thanks Daniel, you're so sweet. :wink:

Yeah, the trailer could have been better, I agree--but I liked the jokes a lot. I remember a couple of them from the preview in Ithaca....like Shrek and Fiona in those outfits. :P And I thought Artie was cute, he looks a little like Harry Potter! :)

I think the actual film is probably much better than this trailer. The truth is that (sadly) that's the case for almost every DW film, including those that I adore. The trailers just NEVER do them justice...I don't know if it's their marketing department or if they just try too hard with the promotion...I think that's what puts some people off DW and leads them to think the films are crass and badly put together--when it's, IMO, just not true, just what's on the surface.

Ex: I was salivating to see Sinbad for months, was following it for so long, then when the trailer came out, (which was awful) it almost put ME off the film because I hated it so much. But of course the film was great (IMO).

(Remember Sinbad going "Who's bad? Sin-bad!" in the trailer? In the actual film, he only said that because he's under the sirens' spell and is acting goofy anyway. But from the trailer you'd never know that.)

DW Marketing.... :roll: *Shakes head* That's another reason why I think Disney should buy DWA.

I don't think Paramount would make things any better. DWA needs Disney marketing....stat! :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » December 15th, 2006, 9:51 pm

Oh yeah, blame it on the trailers :D

Just kidding ;)

But Disney buying DWA? I hope that won't happen! That would mean that Katzenberg would be at Disney again, and I don't want to see him in the Disney buildings ever again. However, maybe he has learned his lesson now and learned that animation is NOT like live action... But still, let Disney have some healthy competition! Disney taking over DWA is a big no no :shock:

To get back to the movie: What's up with the barf at the end though? Is that Shrek's son or daughter? He/she's even nastier than Shrek! Ewww... Reminds me of the Exorcist :P
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 15th, 2006, 10:20 pm

That would mean that Katzenberg would be at Disney again, and I don't want to see him in the Disney buildings ever again. However, maybe he has learned his lesson now and learned that animation is NOT like live action...
SHORT RANT ALERT HORN GOING OFF :roll:

The fact that he took what he learned in live action (more developed characters, active camera swoops, actual scripts, etc..) is what made Disney films great again in the first place. They were languishing because they were TOO dug in that cartoon rut and needed a change.

Don't believe those bloggers and commentators who spew that BS about how JK ruined animation because he made it "too much like live action" etc..etc...That's what saved it in the first place. That and the Broadway angle, which was a radically new approach at the time.

Yes, WDFA was just hitting it out of the park every time with box-office smashes like Fox and the Hound and The Black Cauldron. Then Katzenberg came along and adapted a more live-action type formula for animated movies, and they ALL tanked. Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast--all bombs. :P :?

Oh they were hits? Really. I'll bet they were made using only storyboards, no big movie stars, and no jokes that children wouldn't get but adults would.
Oh, wait...

As for what happened after he left....*sighs* how many times are people going to blame him for what happened when he wasn't even there? That was a result of Eisner's micromanagement and the lousy executive stranglehold of Schumaker and Stainton.
That would mean that Katzenberg would be at Disney again, and I don't want to see him in the Disney buildings ever again.

Why, because unlike the current regime, he might start firing people?
OK, I'm done. At least it wasn't too long this time. :wink:

Reminds me of the Exorcist

I think that's what it was a reference to. :wink:
Last edited by ShyViolet on December 16th, 2006, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 15th, 2006, 10:45 pm

But still, let Disney have some healthy competition!
Um, how many animated films came out this year again? :wink: J/K :P 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Oy, Vi :P

quick response, I agreed with you :P
ShyViolet wrote:Aw thanks Daniel, you're so sweet. :wink:
Your welcome Vi :) and thanks!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 16th, 2006, 11:21 am

Rex: (of Vi's recent post) Aaahh! She's at it again!

Maybe one of us should just make an official DreamWorks Vs. Disney thread? I dunno. It just seems like we're talking about the same thing in every other topic. ;)

And, as I said before, Disney is unlikely to buy DreamWorks. They might show their Christmas specials on their networks, but the Mouse House is not going to own the Ogre. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 16th, 2006, 12:05 pm

So, how about that Shrek 3 trailer? Didn't like it myself.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 16th, 2006, 1:52 pm

I actually haven't watched it yet.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 16th, 2006, 3:10 pm

I can't get it to work!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 16th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Maybe one of us should just make an official DreamWorks Vs. Disney thread? I dunno. It just seems like we're talking about the same thing in every other topic.
Well maybe. :wink: But it wasn't DW vs. Disney or Pixar, just about Katzenberg. (And this time it's relevent to the thread because it's a Shrek thread.)

But I get your point.

Code: Select all

but the Mouse House is not going to own the Ogre. 
And you know that because....? :wink:

BTW, I think Dacey is a cool name! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 16th, 2006, 6:02 pm

I'm all for a seperate thread :)
Meg wrote:So, how about that Shrek 3 trailer? Didn't like it myself.
Yawn....... ;)

I thought the Shrek the Third trailer
was cute for what it is. I predict the movie will be much better! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 16th, 2006, 8:22 pm

I predict the movie will be much better!
I think it will too. The story seems to be much different from Shrek 2 and Shrek 1--not just a retread.

That scene with Shrek on the bed was the first one we saw in Ithaca.

Hey Ben, any luck with the trailer? :)