Shrek

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 20th, 2007, 11:50 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 21st, 2007, 3:00 am

Thanks James. In your professional opinion, do you think I should catch Shrek 3 in cinemas next month or wait for the DVD?

I think Shrek 3 opening early June in Aussie as well as HP5 opening mid July in Aussie is also probably the reason Ratatouille was shafted to the end of August.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 21st, 2007, 4:25 am

The Animated Views interviews with Shrek the Third directors Chris Miller and Raman Hui are now online. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 21st, 2007, 8:38 am

Wow, we've just gone Shrek c-raaaazy! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 21st, 2007, 11:44 am

Yet no one is accusing of us being a DW site because if it. What do you know! When a big animated film is released there is more to cover for it. Hopefully people will remember that when a certain film comes out next month. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by wendy » May 21st, 2007, 2:05 pm

Can't wait till the site goes ratatastic crazy next month!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » May 21st, 2007, 9:11 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I do agree, however that the Ogre babies are creepy....:?

But maybe Ogre babies START OUT ugly, and then look somewhat better?? :roll: :wink:

Just a theory...:)
:lol:
Maybe, they could show the babies older if they make a Shrek 4. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 22nd, 2007, 1:42 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » May 22nd, 2007, 4:37 am

Dreamworks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg, currently gearing up for the third ‘Shrek’ movie, is planning a different twist for number four, due out 2010. The mogul revealed at Cannes that he has always envisioned the animated comedy series to be in four parts and that ‘Shrek 4’ will concentrate on the early years of the big, green ogre. It’s believed that with Shrek becoming a father in the third film, the fourth movie may feature Shrek talking about his younger years. It’s been speculated that a whole new cast of characters could be introduced to refresh the series. ‘Shrek the Third’ is out this summer.

Yeah right ! ! :lol: :roll:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=31954
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » May 22nd, 2007, 10:28 am

wendy wrote:Can't wait till the site goes ratatastic crazy next month!! :D
Me either. That will be awesome! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » May 22nd, 2007, 10:38 am

True. We may never know what those ogre babies look like in the future. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 22nd, 2007, 12:52 pm

Re: Eric Idle story on front page

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainm ... de&k=36383

Wow...:shock:

Just my objective opinion: he hasn't got a legal leg to stand on.

He was in the movie. He agreed to it. He read the script. He took their money. There's no way any court would take him seriously.
Not after he actually acted in it. :roll:

Just my opinon, however. :wink:

It's true that animated movies change a lot as production goes on and maybe he didn't know the joke was going to be there....but still. A homage is a homage, especially if it's a fairy tale/middle ages setting. That's the point of the film. That's why he was in it. I'm sure they'd pay him a TON of more money just to be in Shrek 4. Talk about ungrateful...:roll:

Also, maybe this will hopefully teach DW not to use too many big-name actors in the future....with less known VO's, I very much doubt something like this could happen. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » May 22nd, 2007, 1:56 pm

You can't copyright a joke.

Anyway, I bet Idle was joking.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 22nd, 2007, 2:11 pm

I don't think he knew it was going to be there, and that DWs probably felt he'd see "the light side of life" and chuckle at the homage.

Now, on the flip side, Idle is apparently quite the mean spirited Python among the bunch, and a bit peed generally that his career hasn't gone as stratospheric as the others, until Spamalot came along (I actually think he's had a pretty darn cool career but, well, he doesn't seem to think so).

The other side of this is, of course, that he's joking. He's also quite well known for joking close to edge, especially with money gags. My guess is this will blow over and either Cleese will step in, or Merlin is out of <I>4</I> without some kind of kickback.

That's if, of course, it's not a joke...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 22nd, 2007, 3:32 pm

It's different enough, I think .. the 'coconut clapper' in Shrek the Third is providing 'foley' sound effects for a dinner theater/stage play, in one scene only; in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the 'clappers' are manservants who follow the knights wherever they go, throughout the film, so that the knights can 'pretend' they are on horseback in 'real life'.

Further, I'm pretty sure coconuts were used as a 'foley' source for horse gallops in stage, film, and radio, long before MPatHG .. :roll:

It's got to be in 'jest' ..

And I agree that Idle has had a great film career, even if he doesn't think so. :)