Shrek

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 17th, 2007, 7:39 am

There's a Harry Potter Lego,Spongebob Lego,Star Wars Lego,why no a Shrek Lego?.
By the way-there's a Narnia musical (i"m not kidding).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 18th, 2007, 12:57 am

I didn't say there wasn't, I just don't know.

A Jaws musical - ha.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 18th, 2007, 11:50 am

There's no Lego,it's just a thouhgt,like the Jaws Musical.
Yeah,that will be a big hit on Broadway ("He's eatinnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!").
How about a Pirates Of The Caribbean Musical?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 18th, 2007, 3:43 pm

Referring back to the Batman musical, the songs weren't by Meatloaf but they were by the guy who writes songs for him (whose name I forget). I randomly found demos of the songs online awhile back and after giving it a listen, I'd say that musically he was on the right track but lyrically not so much. He obviously had no idea how to write for broadway because the lyrics were extremely repetitive. Interestingly, it seems that one of the songs from the musical was later adapted into a piece of score for Batman Begins (or if it wasn't, the similarities are an interesting coincidence). If only he had put a little more effort into it, the songwriter could have possibly released it as a concept album. Oh well. If you want to hear some of it, one of the songs (Land Of The Pig, which was supposed to be sung from the viewpoint of Gotham PD) was recorded for Meatloaf's most recent album.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 29th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Did anyone saw those Shrek Princesses marchandise? it's kinda scary how far they went with the Disney parody.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 17th, 2008, 1:02 pm

It might be a bit off topic,but... the first Shrek DVD has deleted scenes?.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 21st, 2009, 6:56 pm

It appears a possible plot for Shrek Goes Fourth has been discovered.
After challenging an evil dragon, rescuing a beautiful princess and saving your in-laws’ kingdom, what’s an ogre to do? Well, if you’re Shrek, you suddenly wind up a domesticated family man. Instead of scaring villagers away like he used to, a reluctant Shrek now agrees to autograph pitch forks. What’s happened to this ogre’s roar?

Longing for the days when he felt like a “real ogre”, Shrek is duped into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumplestiltskin.

Shrek suddenly finds himself in a in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumplestiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it’s up to Shrek to undo all he’s done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one True Love.
I haven't been looking forward to Shrek Goes Fourth, feeling as if the series 'jumped the shark.' However, if that synopsis is true, then my interest in the sequel has largely increased.

On a side note, if the alternate reality in Shrek Goes Fourth allows, I would love to see an appearance by Lord Farquaad.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 21st, 2009, 7:10 pm

So, it's not going to be the Little Mermaid parody about Shrek forced to help find a bride for What's-His-Dweeby-Name From the Third Movie?

(And although the rumor was likely posted as a nyah-nyah satire against self-cribbing Disneyquels, given that Jeff K. still wants to do the "connected-sequel" act on #'s 4 and 5 for bragging rights, wouldn't put some "Ultimate Finale" plot past him...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 21st, 2009, 9:32 pm

I think the only way that Shrek Goes Fourth could revive the dwindling in creative terms Shrek franchise is to make sure the 4th movie only has one main plotline. Shrek The Third was all over the place. I think it would have been a much better movie if they just focused on the King Arthur plot. Ditch the Charlie's Princess plot, ditch the Prince Charming wants to take over Far Far Away Land. They should have also spent more time at Artie's school.

Now I'm sure I'm in the minority but I do hope Artie at least makes an appearance in the 4th film.

Wonder if that new plot will contain
ecofriendly plotline Cameron Diaz has requested
. The plot also sounds like Jeffrey Katzenberg wants to jump onto the current craze of Hollywood
rebooting a franchise

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 22nd, 2009, 3:44 am

Bill1978 wrote: if they just focused on the King Arthur plot. Ditch the Charlie's Princess plot, ditch the Prince Charming wants to take over Far Far Away Land. They should have also spent more time at Artie's school.
Not at all,the Charlie's princesses and Charming taking over was one of the reasons why this movie is great,I actually didn't liked the Arthur plot,pretty much what he did is to make Shrek realize that he"ll be a good father,it wasn't even funny,the princesses and Prince Charming were funny (I loved Sleeping Beauty,she was so funny).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 22nd, 2009, 4:01 am

Don't get me wrong I laughed at the Charlie's Princess humour, but when you look at the bigger picture the story was about Shrek being a father (a lame plot I think personally) so therefore the movie should have been more about the story of Arthur in a way. And really the Princesses were excess baggage and bought way to many characters to the movie. Which would allow for more spoofing of the Arthurian legend If I were the story editor at Dreamworks, I think it should have gone

3 - Shrek wants to abdicates so goes gets Arthur, Arthur becomes king
4 - Fiona announces she is pregnant
5 - Shrek & Fiona somehow become king & Queen again.

I'm still perplexed over how Shrek can decide that he is not going to run the kingdom and not Fiona when she is the heir to the throne.

I'm sure I'll have super low expectations for the 4th Shrek film, and unless they improve their writing I don't think I'll be pleasantly surprised like I was with Shrek 2

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 22nd, 2009, 8:43 am

Oh,I see your point,so you are saying that the story focused more about Prince Charming and Fiona's Princess Friends more then Arthur? you"re right,thought I liked Charming and Fiona's Princess Friend better,althought I didn't liked how they made Arthur and Merlin from the King Arthur legened because it's not a fairy tale,they"re just spoffing Disney's The Sword In The Stone (And spoffing Disney,Shrek is anti Disney but I think they gone too far with the Shrek Princesses merchandise spoffing the Disney Princess line).
Yeah,Shrek being a father is lame thought the baby ogres are adorable.
Agree how Shrek who isn't even royality decide not to be king and Fiona is the heir to the throne,also I thought it was weird how she stayed at home and had a tea party with her mother and friends insted of going with Shrek and the others to bring Arthur because he's her cousion,not Shrek's (Well,he's her husbent but I suppose that Arthur whould know her better because she's his aunt),her role is pretty much a damsel in distress who don't do much expet getting kidnapped,she can't even decide if she"ll be queen or not,,it's up to Shrek.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2009, 11:30 am

It's <I>Cinderella III: A Twist In Time</I>! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » February 22nd, 2009, 11:39 am

HA! good one :D

I hated both the sequels. I actually thought Shrek the Third was slightly better than Shrek 2 but still a mess.

The plot sounds like fun. I hope they recapture the magic of the first film a little bit. The Shrek team needs to take a look at what was done to make Kung Fu Panda so much fun.

I think we're all done with the pop culture references and after giving us the wonderful KFP, it would be a shame to go back to the Shark Tale days. It's time DWA grows up. I know they can.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 22nd, 2009, 2:57 pm

Bill1978 wrote:Don't get me wrong I laughed at the Charlie's Princess humour, but when you look at the bigger picture the story was about Shrek being a father (a lame plot I think personally) so therefore the movie should have been more about the story of Arthur in a way. And really the Princesses were excess baggage and bought way to many characters to the movie.
But the Charlie's Princesses were pretty much the last life-raft the movie franchise had to cling to:
Before the test screening, the promotion was "Shrek learns, it's not easy being a father!"..AFTER the disastrous first test preview, the bulk of the promotion suddenly switched gears to the one or two scenes of "These princesses aren't taking it anymore!"

And why?--Because Jeff wants the Old Days back. He knows the only hope of keeping the audience Mania he had way, way back in '01 is to play the mythological "C'mon, gang, let's go beat up Mickey!" card.
Problem is, Eisner's out, Pixar's in, people don't mind Disney as much they used to anymore...And the only last remaining people who still get a chuckle out of Feminist Fiona princess-bashing jokes in 2007 are disgruntled chick-flick female audiences who still think that any Disney bash, however tired, is somehow striking a "Take that, Princess Barbie!" stand against Evil Political Incorectness From Their Childhood.

...And Jeff's learned by now that when the chips are down (and they seem to be) that particular audience can ALWAYS be hit up for a cheap-loyalty buck, no matter how unsubtly.
Seeing as those were pretty much the same audience that thought the second movie was funny to begin with. :?