Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 23rd, 2006, 9:19 pm

Heh. I like that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 6th, 2006, 11:24 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 7th, 2006, 12:09 am

I was just waiting until after midnight to post that information so it would show up under Tuesday's news!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 7th, 2006, 12:14 am

Nope, :shock: that news was great Vi! Shrek The Halls being around other xmas favorites such as the Peanuts on ABC? I never thought I see the day.

Makes you curious as to DW's future, no?

What I wonder though, will this be 2d or 3d? :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 7th, 2006, 12:32 am

Check out our story for a publicity still!

BTW - Anyone want to point out the parent company of ABC?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » November 7th, 2006, 1:45 am

I heard of it about two months ago but wasn't allowed to post about it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 7th, 2006, 9:59 am

James wrote:Anyone want to point out the parent company of ABC?
Well, everyone knows that it is...Viacom, who owns Paramount and now DreamWorks and with whom DW Animation will begin making cruddy, chep, made for TV offerings for the Nick suite of channels.

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 7th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Saw the update, so it is 3d yay! Hard to tell sometimes with these companies :?

But I'm glad they didn't decide to make it 2d though^^

The only bummer is, we have to wait one year! I wish it could've been this year, but alas it is not :(

Donkey sure looks cute dressed up as Santa, doesn't he? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 7th, 2006, 9:33 pm

James wrote:BTW - Anyone want to point out the parent company of ABC?
Aren't they like, owned by Disney or something? :wink: :P

Plus, why not also do a Hanuka special? They had an awesome reference to that in the Madagascar short (loved the Jew-ified "Jingle Bells" music on the end credits! :) )

I hope STH has some sort of a Hanuka vibe to it too! :) Especially with Mike Meyers' hilarious characters like Linda Richman! :) ("coffee talk" in Saturday Night Live, allegedly based on his Jewish mother-in-law. "I'm all verklempt!" )

I'm still REALLY hoping that DreamWorks goes the Disney route. Maybe this Shrek the Halls thing is a sign they will??

cruddy, chep, made for TV offerings for the Nick suite of channels.
Please say it ain't so!!! :(
Paramount/Viacom s***s! :x

Especially Rugrats. I can't believe DW would associate themselves with Nick.... :roll:
Daniel wrote:The only bummer is, we have to wait one year!
It's actually not that long....it's in May so that's about eight months, seven and a half if you don't count November.... :wink:

It'll go by fast.... :wink:

Oh, and Gary Trousdale is directing Shrek the Halls? Awesome! Remember, he also did A Christmas Caper.... :wink: :wink:
Donkey sure looks cute dressed up as Santa, doesn't he? ;)
He sure does Dan! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 8th, 2006, 6:44 am

ShyViolet wrote:Please say it ain't so!!! :x
I can't believe DW would associate themselves with Nick.... :roll:
It is, of course, already happening, Vi:
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00005649.html

"Nick Studios will handle the "day-to-day" duties for the series, with DreamWorks Animation having less involvement in the shows than in the films upon which they are based."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 8th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Please say it ain't so!!! :(
Paramount/Viacom s***s! :x
Woah, woah, woah, that was just a little harsh, wasn't it? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 8th, 2006, 5:53 pm

ShyViolet wrote: It's actually not that long....it's in May
It is in May? I just saw the big 2007 and thought a year..

So true though, it will go by fast. Just not fast enough :x
ShyViolet wrote:He sure does Dan! :)

Now if only a penguin could appear out of nowhere in a cute outfit, that would make it all the more better ;)

Yes I'm aware they had their own christmas special, I just can't get enough of them :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 8th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Eh, I'm not sure about this STH thing...I'm already a bit sick of Shrek, and I don't think this specail will help that. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 8th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Sick of Shrek? Well I never ;)

I'm sure STH will be great, so far it looks cute :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 9th, 2006, 2:29 am

Sick of Shrek? Well I never Wink
Here here DJ. :) Also, you should have seen how excited the crowd in Cornell got when JK said he brought footage of Shrek The Third....:)

He was like: "If I see a cell phone go up, I'm gonna come out there and kill ya!" Ha ha. :) :D

I think it will be good too. I mean you could say Shrek 4d was just "milking" the franchise further but...it turned out to be very good from what I read.

I guess I'm still in denial about the whole Nick/DW thing (UGHHHH!) :( :( :( but I'll try not to think about it too much as maybe it will generate some revenue for DW while they marshel their efforts into theatrical films.

Maybe this IS Shrek overkill, but still, I think that as long as DW/JK is handling it, it WILL at least turn out decent.

I LOVED Over the Hedge, and even though I liked the films before that too I thought it was a pleasant break from a lot of the other stuff they were doing. And IMO it was VERY DIFFERENT from the other "animal" films made this year.

I can't wait to see Flushed Away, and I'm so jazzed about Bee Movie, Kung-Fu Panda, Route 66 and all the other stuff. It seems like a lot of unique films and ideas, proof positive that DW does NOT "have no original ideas except Shrek." (which I've heard ad infinitum on our great information superhighway.)

The only thing I wish is that DW would ACKNOWLEDGE its 2d efforts on its web site. :(

Yes I'm aware they had their own christmas special, I just can't get enough of them Very Happy
Same here Dan! :) I love Private and Rico. My favorite feature on the Mad DVD is that "Penguin Chat." :)
Woah, woah, woah, that was just a little harsh, wasn't it? Wink
Sorry WJ, I just never caught on to Rugrats. Maybe I was too old for it when it got popular...I just never liked the designs, or the voices, which grate on me no end! All that Nick stuff is icky-poo cutey-pie nauseating in my eyes.... :roll: IMO it's a total rip off of Muppet Babies, Angelica's like a carbon copy of Baby Piggy, if you ever watched that show. :wink:
Last edited by ShyViolet on February 9th, 2007, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.