Woody Woodpecker

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 13th, 2007, 2:04 am

I will hang on the the CH Woody set, regardless, for exactly that reason (that, and the fact that I'm the worst sort of 'pack-rat', who clings onto everything which is even remotely collectible). I didn't mean to imply that I'd be getting 'rid' of it (though, looking over my earlier post, it seems that it does 'read' that way) .. :oops:

I had a heck of a time getting a complete Woody set together, since I moved twice during my subscription period .. and Columbia House kept forgetting which volumes they'd already sent me, so I had to keep sending back the duplicate volumes, and asking for intervening volumes whenever they 'skipped' ahead. It was very frustrating at the time, but 'worth it', in the end. :)

----------------

Actually, it was because of the Woody Woodpecker subscription 'woes' that I decided not to subscribe to CH's Dexter's Laboratory DVD series (I was convinced, at the time, that it would soon be available in stores, anyway). Now, of course, I wish I had gotten them. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 13th, 2007, 6:13 am

Like the TimeLife Muppets.

I managed to get, through sheer pain and frustration, vols 1-10 of the original series but couldn't for the life of me get 11-20.

Best I could do was go to eBay, but even then I could only get 11-15 and it meant buying the first ten again.

I <I>could</I> have tried getting them the way I got 1-10 (through a friend) but the backwards and forwards they he'd already done for me put me off asking him to go through all that again.

Ho-hum, I guess they're coming out slowly as season sets but as we've seen those versions are often slightly different to the original Time editions.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kurtis » June 26th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Ben! Check it out!

Go to www.woodywoodpecker.com! They have a bunch of new info on the set including disc contents! No Flipper Discs!

They've also got downloads, videos, and photos. A great way to wet your appetite until the set arrives!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » June 26th, 2007, 3:08 pm

Nice :), thanks for the update

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 26th, 2007, 4:30 pm

Kurtis wrote:No Flipper Discs!
I had a feeling, but thank god! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 26th, 2007, 11:20 pm

The site looks pretty good. I hope the discs turn out fine. This is one of the releases of the year for me!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 26th, 2007, 11:37 pm

The downloads on the site are kinda cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

An Animator’s Grand Salute to Woody Woodpecker - Guess Who!

Post by StoryMaker » June 27th, 2007, 7:12 am

We just got word about an event that anyone who loves cartoons will want to know about – StoryMakers Studio’s Salute to Woody Woodpecker and his creator Walter Lantz.

It’s going to be a very special night. There will be live appearances by several of the biggest names in the cartoon world, including a six-time Emmy® Award winning cartoon producer who began his career with Walt Disney over 50 years ago and the voices behind some of the most popular cartoon characters of all time.

We wouldn’t be surprised if these voice artists spent part of the evening talking as the characters they’re so well known for.

And here’s the best thing. You can enjoy this event whether you’re in Los Angeles or NOT.

In addition, everyone who signs up to watch the Woody Woodpecker event can also get their choice of eBooks that are of interest to anyone who currently works in animation, wants to work in animation or is simply an animation fan.

To find out all the details, including who’s appearing that night and how you can enjoy StoryMakers Studio’s Salute to Woody Woodpecker and Walter Lantz, just point your browser to:

http://www.storymakersstudio.com/woodywoodpecker/

Again you can enjoy this event from just about anywhere in the world!

See you there!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 27th, 2007, 8:48 am

Thanks Kurtis!

BRILLIANT! Really looking forwards to this! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 28th, 2007, 12:53 am

Are we supposed to receive some sort of 'confirmation' e-mail after submitting an RSVP..? I'd submitted my information via the link two days ago, and haven't any 'tangible' evidence of whether it was received .. :?

--------
addendum: thanks for the confirmation via PM, StoryMaker! :) I'm looking forward to the show .. and to the DVD set, as well!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 28th, 2007, 1:02 am

I've gotta admit the website looks very good. Nice intro and clever use of web animation of Woody to help ease the load times for some of the more graphically intense parts of the site.

The choices of cartoons on the set so far seem excellent!

I really hope they are ALL uncut.

The Woody Woodpecker clips I looked at brought back memories of seeing this stuff back before it disappeared well over 20 years ago! It might have been as late as the 70's since a lot of this stuff has been seen unedited.

Woody was never a great character, but he could be just as downright violent and screwy as two pairs of Heckle and Jeckle! I'm hoping Barber of Seville is uncut since that seems to be one of the few Woody shorts that's stuck with me.

Nice to see the Avery shorts included on the set. It's high time that more Tex Avery got on DVD. It's criminal that WB is sitting on so much of his output. Amazing we get Beavis and Butthead and Ren & Stimpy but that a lot of the better stuff from the 1930s and 1940s is still sitting in a film vault...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 28th, 2007, 7:44 am

When is this happening?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by StoryMaker » June 28th, 2007, 2:43 pm

The live event takes place July 11. Plus lots of people are reserving online viewing passes so they can enjoy the event after the fact.

Details are available at

http://www.StoryMakersStudio.com/woodywoodpecker

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 11th, 2007, 8:11 pm

Dunno if this is reliable, but its worth a look. http://cartoonnews.blogspot.com/2007/07 ... iends.html

Kind of a mix bag.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2007, 9:36 am

Awwwe...Jerry promised no DVNR... :(

They look quite good though, like the Disney Plutos, which makes sense.

Honestly, though, <B><I>CARTOON</I> NEWS AND VIEWS</B>...!?!???

We should sue! :evil: