7 films are currently in production at Pixar!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

7 films are currently in production at Pixar!

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » April 25th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Last edited by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR on May 21st, 2007, 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 25th, 2007, 6:37 pm

After he was nominated for Lifted it was only a matter of time! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 27th, 2007, 12:37 am

Ah, Brenda Chapman...left DW for Pixar. :?

Well, good to see Pixar actually letting a woman director for a change...wonder what her project is? :wink:

And those other projects....:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 27th, 2007, 4:25 am

Good for her. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 27th, 2007, 7:04 am

Well, good to see Pixar actually letting a woman director for a change...wonder what her project is?
Something starring a girl as well, hopefully. We need more CG heroines! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » April 27th, 2007, 7:16 pm

Just keep in mind that this info is pre-october so it could have changed. I mean Pixar do think of ideas all the time and drop them all the time too. It only seems 4 out of 6 can really be confirmed.

Lifted must be really good if they are letting him go straight onto feature film.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 28th, 2007, 1:14 pm

I'm sue I heard that Pete Docter's film was set for 2009 after Wall-E and if it's an original concept then I guess that puts to rest the rumours of a Monsters Inc sequel?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » April 28th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Do you remember where you heard that?
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 28th, 2007, 1:19 pm

I really don't. It may have been Jimhill in which case take it with a pinch of salt.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » April 28th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Jim Hill may be wrong in his opinions a lot of the time, but he does appear to have some realiable sources.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 28th, 2007, 8:42 pm

The whole thing with JHM saying that Lassetter wanted to get rid of Bowler Hat Guy was never disproved...there have been those on-line who said it was true...:wink:

I also love reading his old SaveDisney stories....not the ones where he criticizes them (although those are great too) but the ones in late 2003/early 2004....where he talks about the whole Jobs/Roy and Stan/Disney/Pixar/Eisner/Comcast thing and although no one knows how accurate it is...there's some VERY interesting stuff there that makes A LOT of sense when you look at it in retrospect... :?

:wink:

Plus look at his Rupunzal/American dog stuff:

Rumor: We hear from Jim numerous times that there's problems on the film vis a vis Chris Sanders and John Lassetter....
Fact: Not only is Chris replaced by Chris Williams, but Lassetter refers to AD as "Chris Williams' baby":? and what's more the subject of Sanders
is neatly sideswiped in interviews...:roll:

Rumor: We hear from Jim numerous times that there's problems with Rupunzal vis a vis Glen Keane and John and that is Glen doesn't re-work the film to John's satisfaction, Glen is either history, the film is is, or they're going to add co-directors...
Fact: Trousdale and Wise are added as co-directors.

EDIT: OK, it was Dean Wellin, but you get the idea. :wink:

JHM may not be right all the time....but I don't think he's just some random Disney fanboy blogging his thoughts....(not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:)
I think he does have contacts, but that, in this age of upheavel at Disney that's been going on since 2002, rumors are always subject to change, and now with the "cone of silence" and Jobs/Lassetter's attempts to keep things quiet, it must be even harder for Jim. :(
Last edited by ShyViolet on June 1st, 2007, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » April 28th, 2007, 10:03 pm

And it must be even more frightening for anyone who works at Disney to give Jim info for fear of the penalties from Steve/John. Jim might also be frightened that he might get sued by Disney now that steve is on board and what he did to anyone who blogged Apple secrets.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 28th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Totally bawpcwpn.

It's a whole new ballgame from Eisner's Disney, where people were always threatened not to talk but everyone did anyway....:P :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 28th, 2007, 10:36 pm

Something starring a girl as well, hopefully. We need more CG heroines! Razz

I agree Meg. We've had quite our share of 2d heroines, but it seems like in CGI they've taken a back seat....:?

Although I do think that in Ratatouille there's a girl cook...but isn't she just sort of a supporting character to that young guy chef's whole "self-esteem" story?

(kind of like Atta and Flick in ABL)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 29th, 2007, 8:44 am

Although I do think that in Ratatouille there's a girl cook...but isn't she just sort of a supporting character to that young guy chef's whole "self-esteem" story?
Yeah, she seems pretty cool so far (I liked her ever since I found out she slaps Linguini :P), but the only CGI film I can think of to actually star a girl was Hoodwinked.

Can't wait for Rupunzel! :wink: