Cars 2

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 30th, 2008, 3:03 pm

I don't think it has, but believe it or not, that idea did come to mind when we were first hearing rumors of a possible sequel. It of course got dashed, (in my eyes) when the official announcement was released and it stated the return of Lightning McQueen and Mater the tow truck. Although, they could go adventuring... ;) We'll definitely see a lot of new cars, though!

BTW, welcome, Thom! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Thom » June 30th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Thanks for the Welcome. I've been watching these forums for a while now since I interned at Pixar and finally decided to register now that my confidentiality contract is expired with WallE being released.

When I first read about the Cars sequel I immediately thought it was Disney trying to cash in on the Consumer Products sales. I hope I'm wrong though and hopefully Lasseter has a great idea in store for us...which he almost always does :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JOHN•E » July 17th, 2008, 3:23 pm

I loved Cars! So I can't wait for Cars 2! :)

~~ JOHN•E
[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z297/pix_ar/john-e.jpg[/img]
My name on Animated News is [b]JOHN•E[/b] But you may call me [b]John[/b]! 8)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 24th, 2008, 9:16 pm

In addition to the Cars news posted at Animated-News today, MTV Movies Blog has some more info on Cars 2 and the Cars Toons shorts.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 27th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Speaking of those Car Toons, Jim Hill sheds more light on the shorts, even revealing the first one premieres tonight on Toon Disney! :shock: That was fast, you think they would've promoted it like there was no tomorrow. Although they could have, but I watch TD almost everyday and haven't seen an advertisement.

They do sound silly, but the whole "may or may not be true" angle makes it work and the animation looks great. I'll be sure to tune it. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 27th, 2008, 7:37 pm

I'm very excited about the Cars Toon shorts. I agree with Hill that a future short based on the Darth Mater die-cast car could be very cool. In fact, for future Cars Toon shorts, I wouldn't mind seeing Mater also act as some other film icons such as Indiana Jones. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 27th, 2008, 8:06 pm

I wouldn't mind that either. How about Bat Mator? Spider Mator? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » October 28th, 2008, 5:30 am

or even ..
:P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 28th, 2008, 9:39 am

That is fantastic, droo!

BTW, isn't it <I>CarS Toons</I>?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 21st, 2008, 11:31 pm

Does anyone else here think Ed Asner might provide - or might have been considered for - the voice of Doc Hudson in Cars 2? I recently saw the Up trailer and Cars, and felt Asner's and Paul Newman's voices were perhaps a little bit similar. To be honest, if Hudson is in Cars 2, I think Asner could do a good job with the role.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 22nd, 2008, 7:21 am

For some reason, I can also see James Cromwell doing it. His voice sounds *a lot* like Paul's.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 16th, 2010, 3:39 pm

First Cars 2 Concept Art... Mount Fuji!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Cars 2

Post by ShyViolet » February 20th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Just a rumor, but John Lassetter might be co-directing Cars 2:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... tious.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cars 2- Trailer and Film Discussion

Post by LotsoA113 » November 16th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Well the trailer is here. See it below and post your opinions. I personally like it..but what's your take?

Like that Michael Caine is Finn McMissleNice touch there.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » November 16th, 2010, 9:21 pm

I definitely love it - I've watched it a couple dozen times already :P.

"Finn McMissile, British Intelligence."
"Tow Mater, average intelligence."

Gold! I literally laughed out loud at that :).

When I first heard about a Cars sequel, I wasn't thrilled, but now this trailer has convinced me how untapped the Cars universe is. You can really tell all sorts of stories in it.

I especially love Finn's expression as he fires his missile from one of his headlights - they did such a great job of making it look like a human holding a handgun and trying to take aim :P.

To me, that's been one of the big selling points of Cars. It's almost like Pixar's just showing off and saying: "look how good we are - we can make frickin' cars emote so many things :P'