Cars 2

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » July 11th, 2007, 4:51 pm

Well the source says Cars 2 will be releasd after Toy Story 3, but that does not mean it will be the next film after TS3, John Carter of Mars could release inbetween. What do I think? I think Pixar will try 2 sequels in a row.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 11th, 2007, 9:05 pm

I don't. That seems a bit cheap for a studio so hell-bent on releasing original projects.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 14th, 2007, 4:55 pm

So true. Not to mention, Pixar is always 'hush-hush' when it comes to future projects, so why would anyone reveal this so soon?

Sorry, JV, I really want to believe you, but nothing is adding up. :(

Banned
Banned

Post by Remy » July 19th, 2007, 12:34 am

I don't want a Cars 2!!! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 29th, 2007, 5:15 pm

Will there be a "Cars" sequel? Nope, doesn't sound like it.

I liked this little part, though:
Michael Wallis wrote:If there's a sequel, believe me, the Sheriff will know.
Ha. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 30th, 2007, 9:40 am

With respect, I don't think that means anything.

While the world doesn't need a Cars sequel, Hollywood thinking is that it made money and there could be room for one.

When Toy Story 3 was mooted, even Tom Hanks and Tim Allen had not been contacted about reprising their roles, and their return was far from certain while it was directly under Disney's control, so I would highly doubt the Sheriff of the movie is going to be one of the first to know.

If anything, they'll look at the Blu-Ray sales, debate on whether it's worth doing another one, and then tie up the main talents. We'll hear trickles long before the Sheriff does on if there's going to be a second Cars. After all, he's an interchangeable voice. The movie doesn't rest on him like it would if Wilson or Newman turned it down.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 30th, 2007, 3:18 pm

Or Larry the Cable Guy....wonder if he'd come back? :wink: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 30th, 2007, 5:49 pm

Although it's not concrete evidence that there will not be a Cars 2, it comes down to the fact if the decision to do another one is coming from the highest of ranks at Disney and if John, Ed, Jobs will be bullied into making it if they don't really want to make it in the first place. If it did come in 2011/12, that's a year after TS3. 2 Sequels in a row from Pixar? I mean, a major reason they did TS2 so quickly is because a) Disney kinda wanted it b) Pixar thought it would add to their movie count so they could exit their deal with Disney quicker.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 1st, 2007, 6:16 am

TS2 took four years. That's, if anything, the long end of the animation pipeline.

John and Ed have a say in what gets done too. If they don't want a sequel, there won't be one. If they do, there will.

Personally, I think there's more mileage in Monsters Inc for a sequel, and not much past that (other than Toy Story) that could withstand franchise extension.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » October 1st, 2007, 6:30 pm

I am very eager for a Monsters Inc. sequel. Not now, maybe 2015/16 would be a good year for a Monsters sequel. The Incredibles is such a standalone masterpiece, I think we should just let it be a singular film and not add sequels.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 2nd, 2007, 12:24 am

Not now, maybe 2015/16 would be a good year for a Monsters sequel
I love Monsters Inc as well but I hope we don't want to have to wait THAT long for a sequel! :P :wink:

I also wonder how the "situation" between Diz and Pix would be by then....if they would even still be together or would they become "separate" entities again by then (if legally both still "Disney")?

It's also possible that Doctor/Stanton might leave to "do their own thing" at some other studio by that time. Plus, would Crystal/Goodman still be available to do VO?

The Incredibles is such a standalone masterpiece, I think we should just let it be a singular film and not add sequels.
It was a very good film but it really felt as though the end "left the door open" for a sequel. I think it could be great...'specially if they have a more threatening villain this time around and let the kids use their powers more. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » October 11th, 2007, 12:57 am

[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 11th, 2007, 7:18 am

Still not buying it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 11th, 2007, 8:40 am

The only thinking could be that they'll need something as close to a sure bet in case Wall-E and Up both flop big time.

How better than to build franchises on their biggest hits? With no Nemo and Incredibles follow ups certain, Lassetter might be having to take one for the team on this, to come up with something else in the Cars world.

Or maybe Pixar doesn't like us, and really wants to try the whole Cars thing again to try and make it work better a second go around. I'd be well up for something that was better than Cars, but would still much prefer a second Monsters Inc instead.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 11th, 2007, 9:25 am

I think that there Finding Nemo or Monsters Inc deserve a seuqle more then Cars,i like Cars but i don't it need a sequle (also for Dreamworks-i don't Madagascar need a sequle,i think Shrek and Shark Tale are better).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]