Cars 2

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 9th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Eh, I don't really see what the big deal is. I guess it's because I kinda see it differently.

Since Cars seems to be their least successful film, perhaps Pixar is making another in an attempt to "redeem" the franchise. That's the way I see it anyway.

At least this way, they're free to make it without worrying too much about tarnishing the original. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 9th, 2008, 11:24 pm

We're all talking like Cars was a failure! But critically and at the box office it did very well - 75% at RT and over $450 million worldwide. And, with few exceptions, Pixar's worst film was still better than just about every other major studio film this decade!

Plus, to be honest, of all Pixar's films Cars is the one where is a sequel seems the least offensive!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 10th, 2008, 1:03 am

im not against cars sequel....but still think monsters inc deserved a 1st chance...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 10th, 2008, 1:21 am

So they're trying again with the Cars franchise? or they want to sell more Cars products? :P.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 10th, 2008, 9:15 am

Here's my take: I like the first film quite a bit. Although I generally don't dig his stand-up unless he's together with the other blue collar guys, I thought Larry the Cable Guy was very funny as Mater (maybe he missed his calling) and I'll admit that I waited the whole movie to hear him say "Git er done!" and cheered when he did. I know the movie has sold a ton of merchandise, so there is some validity to the claim that they're only doing a sequel in the interest of selling more. At the same time though, this is Pixar we're talking about. They've spent years building their reputation and thus far they've had an excellent track record. I highly doubt they would send out a film they knew to be substandard. I don't know what other story they could possibly tell (the narrative seemed pretty well complete at the end of the first one), but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 10th, 2008, 9:28 am

I actually think of all Pixar's films Cars is the one with the most sequel story possibilities. Every other story was kind of wrapped up neatly and a sequel would have to be something completely new and different. Cars wrapped up as well, but since so much of the story was about his racing career that could still be mined and not be too different. Even, The Incredibles, which some people think might be a good sequel possibility, would have to be completely redone as the story was about people who just happened to be superheroes dealing with normal life. A sequel would more than likely be a typical superhero movie first, changing the whole vibe of the original.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 10th, 2008, 9:40 am

Let's not forget that Zemeckis A Christmas Carol and Tim Burton's Frankenweenie will also be Disney releases. That's pretty impressive amount of movies!

:wink:

I know but....it's just not the same as a good old-fashioned Disney animated classic. A Christmas Carol is being done by Zemeckis' Sony Imagemovers, not Disney. And Tim Burton's pretty much "independent".

Bring back the Disney feature artists full-time! Bring back fairy tales
(and I don't mean the Tinker Bell kind--no offense to those who like them :) :) )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 10th, 2008, 11:00 am

Bring back the Disney feature artists full-time! Bring back fairy tales
How about less fairy tales, and more genres and stories never before tackled by animation? :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 10th, 2008, 12:59 pm

Agreed. I think Isaac Asimov's "The Caves of Steel" would make an excellent animated film. It could easily be brought in at a PG without losing the core elements of the story, so there'd be the potential for a family audience as well as the sci fi fans (although younger kids probably wouldn't get the more cerebral elements). Or how about a movie based on the comic strip Zits? The characters there would translate to film very well.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

A Cars 2,so much for that save his Children from Sequels

Post by WaltDisney4WaltDisneyALWA » April 13th, 2008, 2:10 pm

<B>[POST REMOVED BY MODERATOR FOR VIOLATION OF AN&V FORUM RULES: LANGUAGE AND NETIQUETTE]

Welcome to our boards, but please be polite and respect other's views. Also, if you can't construct more readable arguments, we suggest you take your views elsewhere. As Mac says, we'd prefer some understandably written English, please. - AN&V</B>

Fair Enough,see this is the reason why I made my Own Boards,you get Lesser of this,since I just dont know how to be so achieved in writing and grammer,an such like all of you our.

Hey Im A not like you ok,an sorry I did not know that a Board removes your post for such as Unproper Writing and Grammer,an such,{should read the rules more closely more before joining up},even without cussing,man do I have lots to learn my mistake and dum,stupid move.

O well i'll move on and forget you ever were A board,an i'll get over it then remember your board was here again,life goes on, regrets against boards dont last forever as well.

So long friends I could of had,still might some day here :). Please dont reply to this, just reply to post after this,or remove your call,again forget I tried to visit,join your board.

ill go back to my board now were I am needed,wanted as well as others like me,hey Cant blame a guy for trying to join other boards,but that was A Stupid thing to do.

But who am I to tell you,what rules you can have an can not have,you can do what you like,but i'll tell you this I just cant be like you our in some of your rules,I have A friend that uses Caps, but do I kick him off,remove his posts from my boards nope, I have another friend that is not good with his writing and grammer,but do I kick him of,remove his posts no but that is just me,im glad I am me :).
Last edited by WaltDisney4WaltDisneyALWA on April 17th, 2008, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 13th, 2008, 2:43 pm

we speak english here sir

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 15th, 2008, 5:00 pm

u might have seen the tiny sized logo...

heres a better resolution : http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3656 ... ogoqk3.jpg

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Blah...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 15th, 2008, 6:18 pm

:s

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Thom » June 29th, 2008, 2:45 pm

I don't know if this has already been brought up or not, but there's also the possibility that 'Cars 2' could be a new story with new characters and not a continuation of the characters already used in the original. It's not something that Pixar has done yet, but I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

However, I wouldn't put it past Disney to have asked for a sequel to 'Cars' because of how well the toys and other consumer products have sold.

Then, of course, Lasseter being a Nascar fan may have decided upon a sequel all on his own.