Transformers

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 8th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Yeah, it's all in fun. :) I really didn't enjoy the film all that much, but then I'm not a huge Transformers fan to begin with.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2007, 7:41 am

"a mess of incomprehensible, blurry metal on the screen. We assume robots are FIGHTING"

...so true. Movie was a mess. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

When transformers 2 (2009) come in?

Post by acbus » May 22nd, 2009, 10:58 pm

Hi everybody who's khow when transformers 2 come in theater?

I see trailer on youtube it's very very excellent graphic. I plan to see it with my family.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 23rd, 2009, 3:22 pm

It comes out in the US on June 24th, if I'm not mistaken.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 23rd, 2009, 6:49 pm

Yep, and June 19th for the UK.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 25th, 2009, 11:14 am

A quick rename...let's keep those TFs comments relating to the movies in here please. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 16th, 2009, 4:32 pm

This review has me *slightly* worried about the movie:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p1.html

That was the problem with the first "Transformers" film. It got off to a GREAT start and then slumped big time in the middle.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » June 17th, 2009, 9:32 am

I rewatched the first film yesterday and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I thoroughly enjoyed it the first time around and it was a lot of fun in the second viewing. Bottom line is that these are just fun movies. I didn't have any major problems with the first one.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 27th, 2009, 11:11 am

Saw "Revenge of the Fallen" on Wednesday. Been meaning to post my thoughts here for a few days, but haven't gotten around to it.

Anyway, I thought that it was good sequel. A bit on the long side, but a lot more fun than most of critics are saying it is.

The opening was WICKED cool. And the action scene that followed was spectacular as well.

Also, the sequence where Optimus takes on several Decepticons in the forest is BRILLAINT. One of the best fight scenes that I've seen in a long time.

I should also point out that I had no problem whatsoever with the robots talking this time, which was a gripe that I had in the original. They handled that aspect much better this time around. We got more of Starscream and Megatron bickering with each other, which was sweet, and the character of Jetfire was very well done.

Having said that, some of the other robots, such as the Twins, were just plain annoying, and I can't help but wonder why Bay felt the need for them to say so much profanity. Since the characters seemed aimed mainly at the children in the audience, it just felt a little...off.

And the length was a problem. The film could've been 15-20 minutes shorter and been just as good, if not better. There was a lot of stuff that they could've easily cut.

Still, it was a heck of a lot better than this year's "Wolverine" and "Terminator" films. If you're willing to look past its problems, "Revenge" is a good ride.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » June 27th, 2009, 5:35 pm

I saw it yesterday and thought it was HORENDOUS!!!

The storyline was a mess, it kept going on and on and on, it felt like even more than 2,5 hours.
The film had no heart at all... I didn't feel the slightest emotion when something bad happened... Revenge of the Fallen is like Transformers beging raped... blegh!!

I totally see why it's @ 21% fresh on RT, surprised people liked it :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 27th, 2009, 9:17 pm

And yet in its first 2 days, it made over $160 million worldwide. It looks like the yaysayers greatly outnumber the naysayers here. Good.

EDIT: Friday numbers are in. Now it's at $206 million worldwide.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 28th, 2009, 12:58 am

Yes, but that doesn't mean that they all enjoyed the movie.

I haven't seen it yet, so I have no feelings either way yet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » June 28th, 2009, 7:31 am

eddievalient wrote:And yet in its first 2 days, it made over $160 million worldwide. It looks like the yaysayers greatly outnumber the naysayers here. Good.

EDIT: Friday numbers are in. Now it's at $206 million worldwide.
well, me and my friends contributed aswell, but we didn't like it.
I'm sure it'll break loads of records, but I do feel they raped the franchise already

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 28th, 2009, 8:12 am

And I don't, so we'll agree to disagree.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 29th, 2009, 10:04 am

Weekend estimates put the Revenge of the Fallen at $387 million worldwide. I'd call that a hit, wouldn't you? I look forward to seeing it (hopefully sometime this week).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83