The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread

Post by Ben » October 15th, 2007, 8:52 am

Thought, with this news, that I'd kick up an "official" thread for all things JUSTICE LEAGUE: the anticipate movie from director George Miller.
The Hollywood Reporter wrote: This weekend, Young Hollywood stepped into the superhero hall of justice to see who will get the parts in the big-budgeted Warner Bros. tentpole movie "Justice League of America."

Director George Miller flew in Saturday from his native Australia for a marathon casting session that started Sunday and continues Monday, seeing 35-40 actors test for roles in the comic book movie.

Miller is seeing about four or five actors for the parts of Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter, with a few overlaps. A few nonhero parts might be testing as well.

On the roll call are Adam Brody (Fox's "The O.C."), Joseph Cross ("Running With Scissors"), D.J. Cotrona ("Windfall"), Mary Elizabeth Winstead ("Grindhouse"), Michael Angarano ("Sky High"), Teresa Palmer ("Wolf Creek"), Max Thieriot ("Jumper") and rapper Common.

The cast of NBC's "Friday Night Lights" is well-represented as well, with Minka Kelly, Adrianne Palicki and Scott Porter also among those testing for parts. No costumes are involved in the tests, which are being taped as actors read script pages.

If the names feel young, it's because Miller is looking for actors to grow into their roles over the course of several movies. Sources say Miller, known to be a methodical director, is testing not only for the roles themselves but how the actors interact with one another while keeping an eye on the look of the whole group. The director is due to present his findings to the studio midweek.

Despite Happy Feet, Miller is a proven live-action director, and the source/format/approach has the chops to be something pretty cool. It can't be worse than Superman Returns, right?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 15th, 2007, 9:44 am

All I can say is YAY FOR THIS MOVIE!!! :D

I can't wait to see how it turns out.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 15th, 2007, 11:39 am

So every supehero got a movie expet the Sub-Mariner?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 15th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Yay, we finally have a thread! I am beyond exited for this movie. From what I've heard, I hope its not as bad as Superman Returns.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 15th, 2007, 3:52 pm

Looking foward to it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 15th, 2007, 11:33 pm

I just can't believe this is going forward. Wow. It's a dream come true for me. I just hope it comes out alright. They have a lot to live up to, following the success of the animated Justice League Unlimited.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 9th, 2007, 2:32 pm

Digital Spy wrote:Recent rumours suggest that Australian supermodel Megan Gale will play Wonder Woman, with Friday Night Lights star Scott Porter as Superman and Wolf Creek's Teresa Palmer - who was originally reported to be playing Wonder Woman - now taking the role of Batman's love interest Talia al Ghul. Rapper Common is hotly tipped to play the Green Lantern.
Not bad.