Sleeping Beauty: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 27th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Daniel wrote:Here are screenshots from an all new trailer for Sleeping Beauty's Platinum Edition!

Looking good! :)
Or looks GREAT, if you happen to be watching it 1080 mastered on a Disney Blu-ray disk.
(Preferably "Ratatouille" or Pirates 3, not "Underdog".)
http://flickr.com/photos/lighthousenews ... 798751832/

Still the Restored forest looks a bit...greener than it's supposed to be--
Always remembered one of the cool things about 50's Sleeping Beauty/Sword in the Stone Disney forests was how blue they looked.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » January 29th, 2008, 10:06 am

Someone commented that the voices were different. that was NOT malificents voice. thoughts?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 29th, 2008, 10:32 am

The voices in the trailer are different,not sure about Philip but the voices of Maleficent,Flora,Founa and Merriweather are their new voices from video games,Enchanted Tales and etc.,i think it's becouse the Blu-Ray version will have characters talking to us and stuff like that.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » January 30th, 2008, 10:48 am

i wouldn't think they would change the original movie voices?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 30th, 2008, 11:09 am

No,just new voices for the features.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » January 30th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Thats good. I wouldn't think the would do all the voices over. I am SO excited about this!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 31st, 2008, 2:05 pm

Me too :D maybe the new voices are just for the trailer but i don't believe they'll change the voices in the film itself.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 1st, 2008, 7:31 am

In the past, theatrical trailers for both Bambi and Pinocchio have had substitute voices - it's just a way for them to include a line that might not be easy to reach in isolation or from the dialog stems. You'll notice some other lines are true to the original.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 1st, 2008, 7:43 am

Oh,so you think it's just for the trailer? (i think Enchanted Tales trailer also had new lines so maybe it's similar).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Sleeping Blu-ray Covers

Post by Dusterian » February 4th, 2008, 2:37 pm

From various possibilities for Sleeping Beauty's Platinum Edition cover, I have assembled this preview:

However, if you would like to see 5 possible covers for France, then look through this French forum. If you can't find it, click here.

I dion't know how many of you care about "princess details", but the 1st and 2nd of those covers have inspiration from Sleeping Beauty's original theatrical poster! The 1st one has Aurora's dress with incorrect colouring and white cuffs just like the dress on the original poster's Aurora. The 2nd cover heavily borrows the same layout, poses, and positions of the characters, it's like a re-drawn version of the poster!

And the 5th, last cover is just the 2002 Special Edition re-arranged, and it's my least favorite. My favorite is the 4th cover, with the cool Maleficent dragon transformation and the purpleness.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 4th, 2008, 3:14 pm

From that "click here" link, the only ones that work are the third (Maleficent green) or the fourth (same basic design, with the addition of Samson and purple).

None of them are all that hot though! The best cover was the deluxe LaserDisc edition from ten years or so ago.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Sleeping Blu-ray Covers

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 5th, 2008, 1:21 am

I think (might be even sure) that this will be the final cover.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » February 5th, 2008, 11:40 am

Ben wrote:From that "click here" link, the only ones that work are the third (Maleficent green) or the fourth (same basic design, with the addition of Samson and purple).

None of them are all that hot though! The best cover was the deluxe LaserDisc edition from ten years or so ago.
Well, the link still works for me, and all I did was link to it, so I can't fix the page since I didn't make it. It's a shame you can't see them all. If you want to, check this page.

Did you notice that the two covers that loaded for you took the very same Maleficent from the Laserdisc cover and re-drew her with the dragon? And the green one copies the Laserdisc even more with that same Maleficent leering down in the same way over the same kissing protaganists! I think the Laserdisc is one of the best Disney covers ever made, but I like the green and purple ones even better just because they fit in more characters and art and I like purple. Yes, neither of them feel quite as cool as Maleficent scarily taking up the entire thing and looming over them.
Once Upon A Dream wrote:I think (might be even sure) that this will be the final cover.
I don't know. There is lots of reason to think it will look like that cover, but I think the green and purple Maleficent/dragon ones could very well make it, too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 5th, 2008, 12:55 pm

No, I meant the only two that "work", as in the only two that make sense/are good/look right/would be good covers...

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 6th, 2008, 11:01 am

Dusterian wrote:
Once Upon A Dream wrote:I think (might be even sure) that this will be the final cover.
I don't know. There is lots of reason to think it will look like that cover, but I think the green and purple Maleficent/dragon ones could very well make it, too.
You know,i have a feeling that the picture you posted in Ultimate Disney of that press release in Japan will be the final (it's the 5th cover art you posted in the Click Here link),i also think Disney arn't invest their cover arts (Enchanted for exmaple) so maybe this won't be any different.
Anyway i just hope they'll keep the purple background and the shield logo.