Sleeping Beauty: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 6th, 2008, 2:42 pm

The Blu-Ray version (maybe the normal DVD as well) has Virtuale Castle and a game called Malificent's Challenge insted of "Rescue Aurora :roll:" game :D.
Also there's somethign shopping in the film (that's nice :D i can watch Sleeping Beauty *and* while in the film i can order a Dragon Malificent plush and a Aurora Pillow :D).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Wait, whaaa!? Buy *real* stuff? How is Disney going to that. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 6th, 2008, 3:19 pm

I'm writing a story for tomorrow, but here are the details:
http://gizmodo.com/341066/disney-goes-b ... nding-nemo

As for how, one of the features of the new next-gen discs is that they can have broadband connections that allow you to browse live web content while watching a movie or bonus feature.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 6th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Arg, you beat me! I just did a Google search and found basically the same info on another site. Still, thanks James!

Technology, wow. :o

Edit: and its on the front page, too. D'oh! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 6th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Arg, looks like Jafar beat me to it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 7th, 2008, 8:07 am

Sounds like fun :D.
I wonder what's a Virtual Castle is?.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 7th, 2008, 10:09 am

Probably much like the Virtual Castle found on the Snow White Platinum and - I think - the original SE DVD of Sleeping Beauty...!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 7th, 2008, 10:43 am

Really? can you tell me about them? (i don't have the Snow White PE and Sleeping Beauty 2003 SE).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » January 18th, 2008, 9:31 pm

I am so excited about this. I missed out on the SE the first go round. So they are releasing a regular format DVD along with the Blu-Ray? Did i understand that correctly? October cant come fast enough for this. I have been a lurker here for a while and wanted to join. I recently ordered a copy of The Sword in the Stone, as it to be going away this year.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 19th, 2008, 1:45 am

Hi and welcome, MrsTashlin! Glad you decided to finally join us. :)

Yep, Sleeping Beauty is being released on both DVD and Blu-ray this fall, so there's no need to worry.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » January 19th, 2008, 10:42 am

I am SO SO SO excited. October won't come fast enough 8) ...thank you for the warm welcome. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Sleeping Blu-ray

Post by Dusterian » January 19th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Ben wrote:Probably much like the Virtual Castle found on the Snow White Platinum and - I think - the original SE DVD of Sleeping Beauty...!?
Yes, Sleeping beauty's DVD had one for the galleries, too. If you meant they would probably be like those "virtual castles" in how they look, maybe you'll be right, but I hope they look a little better and match the original art more, just in 3-D.
Once Upon A Dream wrote:Really? can you tell me about them? (i don't have the Snow White PE and Sleeping Beauty 2003 SE).
Well, I can tell you about them. But once you post that you have seen them, I will take them down, because I just don't think I should show so much from Disney DVDs for long, even though they're out of print.

EDIT: Maybe I'll take it down after the DVD comes out and we see the virtual castle.

For Snow White, the first disc opened with the slave of the magic mirror appearing in the castle, but you didn't really explore the castle unless you took a tour, I think. And the tour just showed you what would be on the 2nd disc.

On the 2nd disc, you had the magic mirror floating in the middle of a map of iconic places in the movie, like Snow White's wishing well, the dwarf's mine, and the Queen's dungeon. If you click on the Queen's castle, you see the castle in CGI.
The castle is home to virtual galleries that show concept art, backgrounds, and other art for and from the film. You enter the door Snow White went through when she ran away from the Prince, and you enter a hall. Curtains part, and you find the gallery with a red carpet, pillars, and stained-glass windows featuring characters or things from the film. On the walls is the art in frames.
Even though you can't really go through them like the virtual galleries, in the movie the dungeon and wishing well are part of the castle, so I'll show them to you. They, too, appear in CGI, but for other bonus features.

On Sleeping Beauty's DVD, the main menu of the 1st disc starts by going through the forest as the three fairies (in balls of light) to King Stephen's castle. Doors open and you enter a room with a stained-glass window of the fairies giving Aurora their gifts, which happens to be from the stained-glass window gallery in Disneyland Paris's Sleeping Beauty castle! There is a book that opens, and the pages of it are the menus.
On the 2nd disc, only the gallery has a CGI castle, for the virtual galleries. It just has halls with art framed on the walls, like Snow White's virtual galleries.

And so I hope the new Sleeping Beauty DVD has a lot more than that! And I bet it will, with what they said about it and the Blu-ray technology.
Last edited by Dusterian on March 5th, 2008, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Sleeping Blu-ray

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 20th, 2008, 10:35 am

Thanks Dusterian :D it's sounds nice :D i wonder if the DVD of the PE will the virtual castle,too.
The animation in the old Snow White PE is kinda bad but the i think that the Sleeping Beauty PE on Blu-Ray will be better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 27th, 2008, 1:19 am

Here are screenshots from an all new trailer for Sleeping Beauty's Platinum Edition!

Looking good! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 27th, 2008, 8:22 am

Thanks Daniel :D,i found the actual trailer (thought i think later we'll see a different trailer with the shield logo,this trailer was in the UK Disney vault site)-
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=afuI2TakE84
(How do i switch to US? it switched to spanish from some reason so i tried UK English).