Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 14th, 2010, 8:22 am

Waaay to much to go back on here after a nightmare weekend, but...in short...

Any ten year old that makes movies that earn a billion dollars (or close) almost every time, is going to be allowed to do whatever the heck he likes.

And, Eric, you don't have to go see them. But a LOT of people most obviously do.

It's also ironic that, given your repetitious comments over Burton, you've just started to act just like him...all your posts are exactly the same too! Boooring...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » June 14th, 2010, 11:33 am

Ben wrote:It's also ironic that, given your repetitious comments over Burton, you've just started to act just like him....
What, you mean I make corny 2-dimensional "pop-satirical" jokes that would be more at home in a road production of Hairspray?...Heaven forbid! :shock: :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Post by LotsoA113 » June 14th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Few months ago, Eric J got mad at me for posting just small talk on the forums. At least my talk was different. Now you've done something worse. You have become one of the most derided form of forum posters. You repeat what you've done before in a very poor fashion. I also find the idea of only the writer writes the script. To quote Bugs Bunny: What a maroon. Don't mean to make snarky remarks about you Eric J. just found it somewhat ironic.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Re:

Post by Ben » June 15th, 2010, 7:04 am

EricJ wrote:What, you mean I make corny 2-dimensional "pop-satirical" jokes that would be more at home in a road production of Hairspray?
That's supposed to be satire...!? :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 20th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Very late--and far from my best work--but here's my ATTLG review:

http://animatedviews.com/2016/alice-thr ... ing-glass/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 20th, 2016, 7:51 pm

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 21st, 2016, 4:14 pm

It's interesting to see that six years ago, the thought of my saying that Tim Burton made bad movies was unthinkable... :P (Yes, Anal-Ben, even when they're not his, but Disney clearly knew the intent going in.)
And everyone was ready to pack me off to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

And even then, the idea that Burton constantly gets distracted by making personal Charlie/Big Fish-style subplots about "Daddy didn't want me to be different! " (ahemcough... :roll: ) wasn't as mainstream accepted by most critics as it was by the time Looking Glass came out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 21st, 2016, 8:04 pm

Again, I'm confussed. :?