Night at the Museum

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 20th, 2008, 9:41 pm

This actually looks...Not very good, to me. At all. But I did enjoy the first one so I'll give this a chance as well.

Also, why does Amelia Earhart have eyebrows?!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 20th, 2008, 9:42 pm

I think it looks awesome. Plus Amy Adams <3

though I don't understand why it's only on a mcdonalds happy meal site? It took me forever last night to find the damn thing. Why isn't it up on apple n such?

ALSO what is the music that plays during the whole second half of the trailer and where can I get it! It starts around when the space displays start coming to life.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 20th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Meg wrote:This actually looks...Not very good, to me. At all. But I did enjoy the first one so I'll give this a chance as well.

Also, why does Amelia Earhart have eyebrows?!

Have you actually seen pictures of the real Amelia Earhart, Meg?

Amy Adams doesn't look anything like her! The real Amelia, to be nice, was frankly humble-looking.

Actors usually look better than the real-life people they portray.

There are very few ugly-looking people that get to be film actors.

That goes even for guys where the standards are more relaxed than they are for women.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 21st, 2008, 12:16 pm

I, too, feel as though a "Night at the Museum" sequel would work better at Christmas. However, I am reasonably excited about this, mainly because of Amy Adams.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 21st, 2008, 2:13 pm

Looking back at my earlier post, I thought to myself, "Gee, that came off harsh!"

Anyhow, sorry Meg.

I didn't mean to come off sounding so nasty to you...

Honestly, Amy Adams still looks at least 10 times better than the real Amelia Earhart did.

The sad thing is that I'm far more interested in the REAL story of Amelia Earhart than this made-up stuff.

There's a documentary film coming out within the next year or two that supports a theory on Earhart's disappearance and eventual fate. It's controversial to say the least but the guy working on the film seems to have done a lot of work.

A lot of conspiracy and missing person cases could be resolved if the government would just release all the documents they have that don't endanger national security. It's been over 70 years since Earhart disappeared and believe me not everything about her last flight and the government correspondences and investigations has been made public.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 21st, 2008, 3:56 pm

Macaluso wrote:what is the music that plays during the whole second half of the trailer and where can I get it! It starts around when the space displays start coming to life.
I'm not 100% positive .. but it sounds vaguely like it could be from one of the Pirates of the Caribbean film scores. They might have re-mixed it a bit for the trailer, though.

----------------------------

I live just a few blocks away from the Burbank airport (the old Lockheed testing grounds, recently re-named as "Bob Hope Airport"), at which the real Amelia Earhart had had her plane repaired, after her first failed attempt to circumnavigate the world.

And -- while she certainly wasn't 'pin-up' model material -- she was reasonably attractive:

.. there are some rather 'unflattering' pictures of her in her flight gear, though. But that stuff was designed to be practical rather than fashionable (not to mention, most of it was designed to be worn by men).

Amy Adams doesn't much resemble her .. but then, Robin Williams looks nothing like the real Teddy Roosevelt -- yet, that worked. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 21st, 2008, 5:59 pm

The point is Amy Adams is adorable

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 21st, 2008, 9:24 pm

Macaluso wrote:Amy Adams is adorable
QFT

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 22nd, 2008, 12:13 am

Macaluso wrote:The point is Amy Adams is adorable
This was never in dispute. :wink:

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » December 22nd, 2008, 4:15 am

Can't wait!

I agree, it should had a Christmas release.