Tinker Bell

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 31st, 2006, 8:04 am

Ben wrote:Those "cameos" don't make sense for a serious Peter Pan film.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm not expecting Peter Pan 1 1/2 anytime soon. :)
Ben wrote:I actually didn't think was happening?
I didn't either. Of course, there is that rumor of Peter and the Starcatchers happening. Still, that film's plot and the Peter Pan III plot posted at Wikipedia are far different.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2006, 3:23 pm

Mickey wrote:Now someone has added a cast and synopsis to Peter Pan III's page at Wikipedia. However, I have my doubts about the updated info. I think you will too when you see the cast listing. :wink:
Uhhh? I just don't know :?

I'm sure if its true we'll know soon enough, since the DVD is coming out soon... But still....

I don't see how its a prequel :? Its 12 years later, and Pan comes back only to see Jane old, and with 2 kids of her own. And surprisingly Wendy is still around, and her mom died :(

Strange, very strange :roll:

And don't get me started on the cameos :) those are defintly fake, the only way I see them in it, is if its a hidden gag or something...

If its true, I hope they change some of the story.

The only way I see it being a prequel is if Peter tells Jane's daughter about it, than tada prequel :P

Btw.... That Darling family is so lucky, they seem to be the only ones who have ever seen Peter ;)

(oh know! if Disney sees this they might do it :shock:) j/k :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 18th, 2006, 10:39 am

Oh boy--some interesting stuff on the Tink movie....it might be pushed off until later....might not meet its deadline.

Also, watch for what Jim says at the end concerning American Dog. (very brief but telling.)
I hope it isn't true! :( This is getting weirder every day. :roll:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... oblem.aspx
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 18th, 2006, 11:11 am

ShyViolet wrote:Also, watch for what Jim says at the end concerning American Dog. (very brief but telling.)
I hope it isn't true! :(
Did you see Josh's report of American Dog this weekend? He broke it first over at Animated Views: http://animated-views.com/2006/chris-sa ... rican-dog/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 18th, 2006, 11:23 am

I only saw the one on the news page. That was interesting, though, to get the extra background from Views. I think it's awesome that Views/News scooped everyone else! :)

Jim Hill is also supposed to have some more info on this tommorow.

It's pretty sobering, since I was looking foward to this. I hope it stays on track.

I loved Lilo and Stitch, and at least CS will always have that to his name.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 19th, 2006, 12:48 am

ShyViolet wrote:Jim Hill is also supposed to have some more info on this tommorow.
The Rumored Rumblings article at Animated Views has now been updated to reflect Hill's "Toon Tuesday" piece for today.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » December 19th, 2006, 6:46 am

I have a mixed up feeling about this... On one hand I trust Joh & Ed in what they're doing, but on the other hand I just would like to know why they didn't try to convince Chris Sanders to go traditional animation like they "suposedly" did with Glen Keane. If it's true that WDFA will be doing traditional animation only, I'm really excited... Altough I think I will always wonder how the movie Rapunzel would have looked in CGI if it gets changed to traditional animation...
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 22nd, 2006, 3:06 am

I'm also very ambivalent about this whole thing. I think all we can say for sure at this point is that there is no doubt a HECK of a lot of things happening behind the scenes that we don't know about, and probably won't know for a while.

Anyhoo, here's some more on the halting of the Tink film via TAG:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... ation.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2006, 11:02 pm

Thanks for the link Vi!

I guess I should clap, huh? Well, they are halting it to make it better, but still. 2008? That's an awful long time :(

BTW, Tink Looks great from what I've seen. That trailer is just outstanding, and that song is so beautiful, and catchy! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 22nd, 2006, 11:08 pm

Personally (and this is just my two cents worth), I don't care how long it takes for them to finish this film -- I can wait...because I'm probably, 99.99%, not going to see it, and for several reasons...

1. My dad worked on the early storyboard sketches of this film -- trust me, the thing was a mess. It went through several script/story revisions (and many storyboard cuts; the one my dad worked on was completely deleted) before the head honchos on the job were satisfied, and I'm still not entirely sure how the project is turning out. Although, from the looks of things, 2008 is not a pretty number.

2. Sequels; prequels; all these "mid-equals"! No offense, but I'm utterly sick of them. Unless Disney can come up with a good continuation of "sequelized family films", then I'm out of the picture.

Wow -- I've never gotten that angry before. :P
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2006, 11:21 pm

Mitch wrote:2. Sequels; prequels; all these "mid-equals"! No offense, but I'm utterly sick of them. Unless Disney can come up with a good continuation of "sequelized family films", then I'm out of the picture.

Wow -- I've never gotten that angry before. :P
People always seem to get angry like that :cry: most of the time its directed towards me, since I love mostly all Disney Sequels/prequels/midquels and the fact that I defend them.

But, whatever..... :?

I still say it looks cute, and I hope it out does expectations :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 23rd, 2006, 1:21 pm

Daniel Jake - Haha -- no offense against you, I assure you! I'm not upset at people who like sequels, because that's what they like...and not me. As a matter of fact, I used to love Disney sequels, until I realized how bad they were. :P

But yeah, don't worry about it. I'm not mad at you at all. ;)

I'll take that bet about what you said in that it might exceed "expectations", though. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 23rd, 2006, 2:35 pm

None taken, Mitch :)

I just have a tendacy to defend sequels, or overly bash them. (Though I don't want go there again ;))

Tink really does look cute. I'm sure it will exeed expectations, if not, down the fairy franshise it goes. Though, I wouldn't want that to happen! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 24th, 2006, 10:06 am

No prob Dan! :)

Wow, Mitch, does your dad work for Disney?

That's very cool. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 24th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Daniel Jake - Heheh -- yeah, I get what you are saying there. I'm glad I didn't offend you, in any case. ;)

Indeed -- Tink does look pretty cute, but that means nothing. Still, who knows? Maybe the flick will bring in some dough? :P

ShyViolet - Heheh -- yep, every once in a while he'll take up a storyboarding job there. Heck, he worked on Fox and the Hound -- that's how far back he goes. ;)

I love your screen name, by the way, ShyViolet. And yours is cool, too, Daniel Jake. :D