Pinocchio: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 16th, 2008, 5:50 am

This is looks a little (But only a little) better,Jiminy looks ugly and Figaro looks like he's dead.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 3rd, 2008, 7:00 am

Who sings the Wish Upon A Star music video in the Platinum Edition? I remember that I heard it's someone from Camp Rock but who is it?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 3rd, 2008, 1:20 pm

I don't think it has been confirmed. All I've heard was gossip on another forum, so who knows if it's true.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 3rd, 2008, 1:47 pm

So it's just gossip?.
I think that Demi Lovato will have a Wish Upon A Star music video.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 4th, 2008, 12:02 am

I gotta admit I find part of this talkback amusing.

Some of you really don't know anything about this film! And you're arguing about the home video packaging? :roll:

Pinocchio is arguably Disney's finest animated feature! At least -- probably -- the best animated feature made while Walt Disney was living and in the prime of his creative producing power.

This film gets so overlooked because it's not the first animated feature, it came out during wartime and flopped, and it didn't set box office records or home video sales during its lifetime! Those are nutty reasons to dismiss this film...!

You owe it to yourselves to at least rent the film.

If you want to shoot it down after at least seeing it, be my guest. Until then, don't talk about something you haven't seen and experienced. And don't use the lame excuse that you didn't like the packaging!

It's true that it doesn't have as many memorable songs as other Disney features but that's beside the point. Disney wasn't trying to sell soundtracks or build a future Broadway musical off the film. He was trying to tell an animated story as emotionally powerful as anything done in live-action at the time.

It's a crying shame that this film didn't win an Oscar for at least its technical merits. It featured tremendous improvements in animation technique over Snow White. I consider it much better than Fantasia which has basically no story and is an experimental film to the extreme. As cute as Bambi is, and it's really the only Disney film of the era that can touch Pinocchio as far as the animation is concerned, it's still a film about talking baby animals.

Pinocchio is a film about an imperfect, naive little (inhuman in origin) kid that has to discover the best qualities of humanity within himself. That's a pretty powerful theme if you think about it. It's been repeated all over the place in fantasy and science fiction from ancient myth to Spock and Data in Star Trek.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » December 4th, 2008, 2:10 am

Pinocchio is arguably Disney's finest animated feature! At least -- probably -- the best animated feature made while Walt Disney was living and in the prime of his creative producing power.
You really think so? I'd actually prefer Bambi for that title. Though it's been ages since I've seen Pinocchio. I think I'll need to see it again before I can argue. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2008, 9:19 am

I'm with George. For Golden Age Walt, you can't beat Pinocchio. Silver Age would go to Peter Pan, me thinks.

Pinocchio takes what the artists had learned on Snow White and just plusses it in animation, story beats, music, the dramatic aspects, performances...it's just amazing.

Like many box office "flops" in their time, Pinocchio is a critical success, and has been seen for a while as the apex of the Disney animated feature cartoon...something still aimed for in the features of today. That it's still an odd film to try and sell in a commercial marketplace is why it doesn't get the "classic" kudos it is so deserving of, but hopefully we can finally get that appraisal applied to it in the public's mind. Those "in the know" have been on its side for years.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 18th, 2008, 12:16 pm

There's a feature about Jiminy Cricket?.
Last edited by Once Upon A Dream on December 19th, 2008, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 18th, 2008, 11:53 pm

"I've Got No Strings" was a song I remembered and sung more as a kid then any of the other Golden Age tunes. Pinocchio is definitley a charming, fun film and the transformation into asses scene is quite a social statement and one of Disney's darker/est moments, IMO.

I'm looking forward to picking this up on DVD.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 19th, 2008, 2:09 am

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Deleted scene from the Platinum Edition :wink::

<B>[YOU TUBE CLIP REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT VIOLATION AND UNSUITABLE CONTENT.</B>

<I>Moderator's Comments: Once...this was a very questionable matter of taste and considering the nature of this site and its users, very much out of bounds and across the line. This serves as your first official warning</I>.]
I"m really sorry if it's bad posting,it was just a joke (And was just clips from the movie with this dumb song that the lyircs aren't dirty) :oops: sorry again,I didn't meant for something like this.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 19th, 2008, 4:08 pm

The lyrics weren't dirty, but the juxtapositioning of the song with the way the images were presented was very sick.

You knew darn well what you were doing when you posted that, and have been appropriately warned.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 21st, 2008, 8:29 am

I didn't meant to post something inappropriate or sick,I posted it on other Disney/animated films forums and they laughted,they didn't said something bad about it so I didn't thought it's sick or inappropriate.
Anyway I"m sorry again,if you say it's bad then I won't post something like this again,can you pardon me?.
On topic-There's a feature about Jiminy?.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 25th, 2008, 2:50 pm

Well we maybe have a different level of integrity!? ;)

On Jiminy...your guess is as good as ours...the bonus features say all there is to be said right now...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 24th, 2009, 4:01 pm

I tried to see if there's a website but there's only a page on the Disney DVD site,this means no more websites? :? that whould be bad :?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 4th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Nope, here's the official DVD website, which went live recently. A lot of cool goodies in there! Wallpaper, screensavers, you know the norm. I'm now using the Wallpaper that resembles the cover art - wow! Fun games too, if a bit short. If you win each game, you get more exclusive content. One more month!