Walt Disney Treasures

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 12th, 2005, 7:06 pm

Ben wrote:I don't have a problem with 'em, but the top of Donald's head looks WAY off on his tin.
Come to think of it, he does look a bit off model. Still, I like how the colour red on the titles suits the image of Donald being tempted. I do think, however, that the Rarities cover does pretty much rock. 8)
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 14th, 2005, 8:34 am

I have just come up with a possibility linked to the Treasures (similar to the Rarities tin); do you think that Disney may do a "classic characters" tin? There are a number of characters that got their own shorts, yet not enough to fill a set. Chip and Dale, Figaro and Scrooge/Ludwig von Drake (I know the Scrooge one may feature in an educational compolation, but it would still be cool to see) are all reknowned characters, yet have only appeared in at most three cartoons on their own (aka, with their own title card). Not to mention the Winnie the Pooh theatrical featurettes (which differ slightly than what was found in the Many Adventures feature). The set could be broken up into little dividing sections by character, and there could be bonus features describing their prescence in Disneydom, and possibly uncut package features scenes (they could be classed as classic characters too due to their vintage-ness).

These are the shorts that could make it on a DVD set like what I mentioned:

Chip and Dale*
Chicken In The Rough (1951)
Two Chips And A Miss (1952)
The Lone Chipmunks (1954)

Figaro*
Figaro And Cleo (1943)
Bath Day (1946)
Figaro And Frankie (1947)

Other Ducks (such as Scrooge Mc Duck and Ludwig Von Drake)
A Symposium on Popular Songs
Scrooge McDuck And Money (1967)
Soccermania (1987) (does contain Scrooge and other DuckTales style characters)

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie The Pooh And The Honey Tree (1966)
Winnie The Pooh And The Blustery Day (1968)
Winnie The Pooh And Tigger Too (1974)
Winnie the Pooh Discovers The Seasons (1981) (:!: never knew about this!)
Winnie The Pooh And A Day For Eeyore (1983)

*Although this would be naughty, they could add some, but not all (three or four at most), cartoons featuring the stars in supporting roles to pad the set out a bit. :oops:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 15th, 2005, 1:32 pm

Wonderlicious wrote:Winnie the Pooh Discovers The Seasons (1981) (:!: never knew about this!)
They could add some cartoons featuring the stars in supporting roles to pad the set out a bit. :oops:
Great idea, and I am sure it's been thought about.

Would just point out that the Pooh's Seasons film was shorter than the usual films in the series and actually classed as an educational release, with farmed out animation not done by the usual Disney team.

The Scrooge one actually isn't an educational one, and is a fully animated featurette. I'm hoping this will appear on the Rarities set.

As for your other suggestion...there are still many other characters that could have their films included, such as Ranger Woodlore and Humphrey The Bear, and Von Drake has enough animation footage to fill up several Treasure sets, so they wouldn't be hard pressed to pack it without padding (and how about some more Alices to top it up?).

Nice idea though, but I wonder if we won't get something along these lines in the Rarities tin, or a second volume.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Morris the Midget Moose!

Post by comick » August 25th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Morris!!! Man, I can't wait to watch this cartoon! I havent seen it in years and I loved the story. If I remember right Morris meets this huge tall moose with tiny little antlers. Together they become the most powerful moose (Morris sits on the others head)...I miss this cartoon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

"Destino" & "Lorenzo"... where are t

Post by ElFlorro » October 13th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Does anyone know where I can see the Disney shorts "Destino" and "Lorenzo"? I've heard so much about them, saw pictures and all and now I'm very keen on seeing them... but where?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 13th, 2005, 9:04 pm

I think they might be coming out on DVD independently.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 14th, 2005, 3:14 pm

I'd like to see them too.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 14th, 2005, 6:40 pm

They're not coming out in the next wave of Disney Treasures (December 2005) if that's what you're asking.

The Disney Rarities DVD in that wave only goes through about the early 1960s...

DVDs with either short have not been announced yet.

Other than asking a Disney rep, it'd probably be best to bring up these shorts at Ultimate Disney or one of the Disney fan sites.

I wouldn't bother with Jim Hill since his site has probably burned too many bridges with Disney as it is...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 16th, 2005, 5:28 pm

I wouldn't bother with Jim Hill since his site has probably burned too many bridges with Disney as it is...
Do you mean Roy or the company?

I can't help wondering how he'll be reporting on Disney now that Roy is BACK.....
:roll:

(because of all those articles criticizing SD...will Jim still have "sources" at the company??)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 23rd, 2005, 3:24 pm

how is Destino" & "Lorenzo

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Walt Disney Treasures DVDs

Post by JustinWilliams » November 23rd, 2005, 3:45 pm

An official site has been created [well the old one updated tbh] for the new Disney Treasures DVDs at Disney.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » December 3rd, 2005, 9:12 pm

Great justin. Ill get my treasures in DVD they remember me the childhood of my life...
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » December 4th, 2005, 1:01 am

I think all media outlets were late getting their Treasures DVD this time around. My review copies should be arriving on Monday and I hope to post some stuff from them as soon as possible.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » December 5th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Got mine today in UK from Playusa.com - they're fab - had the Alice Comedies one and Donald! Yay x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » December 5th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Justin, check your PMs.