Up (Pixar's film)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 31st, 2008, 11:16 am

That would make sense then.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 31st, 2008, 2:35 pm

The above image is definitely concept art...check out the large version PixarVixen posted.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » January 31st, 2008, 10:19 pm

Sorry I started a second Up thread. When I searched for one, I guess I should've searched further back in time. ;) Although, now that Up is confirmed as Pixar's next film, searching in the News Submissions sub-forum didn't cross my mind.
Groaning wrote:Brad Bird said in an interview that it will be the first ever Pixar feature to target a little more mature audience.
Interesting. I would've thought The Incredibles is for several reasons, and Ratatouille touched on the subject of an illegitimate child. Up must be taking maturity to new heights. Har har.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Up (Pixar's film)

Post by CGIFanatic » April 10th, 2008, 2:03 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen this but here is the first image of the movie.

www.theanimationblog.com/2008/04/09/fir ... pixars-up/

If the image has been posted before then maybe one of the moderators can remove it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » April 10th, 2008, 2:31 pm

There was a write-up on this movie plus some others on Ain't It Cool on what was shown of the movie. The very emotional description of the movie makes me believe Pixar has another hit on its hands.

www.aintitcool.com/node/36333

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 10th, 2008, 2:35 pm

Sadly, yes, in its original thread. Please don't be upset. I think it's great how whenever you find news - even if it's little - you post it for us. :)

Very cool write-up, though!

Edit: do'h, I stand corrected - it hasn't been posted before! Thought it was the same one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » April 10th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Sorry Daniel - for the umpteenth time. :oops:

It sure would be nice if these threads where all in the same place, sometimes it's here and occasionally it’s in the News section. I imagine that at some point as these movies approach airing they’re moved to this section. Just for future reference, do these threads move at some point and if they do when does this happen?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 11th, 2008, 3:27 am

To be frank, not really. Threads are moved, yep, but the majority of the time it's only when someone points it out, or as you've caught on above, when the flick is about to debut.

It would be nice, and it is something I have been thinking about for sometime. Just know it irks me too, and I will bring up a possible solution to the rest of the staff. Again, don't apologize!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 16th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Image was posted here: http://www.animated-news.com/forum/view ... 4&start=19

It is up to readers to place threads in the appropriate forum. Sometimes when it is something new it could be confusing as to whether it should go in News Submissions or Theatrical Features. My vote would be that if it is a news submission about a movie which already has its own thread then add it to the discussion there.

With Disney's big announcement recently there has been a lot of duplication in several threads so no worries.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 2nd, 2008, 12:03 am

NYT:

“Up,” the next big Pixar film after “Wall-E,” is a comedy about a cranky, cane-wielding 78-year-old who transports his home to exotic locales by attaching hundreds of helium-filled balloons.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 2nd, 2008, 11:25 am

I wonder if the WALL-E game will have a teaser for this like the Ratatouille game had a teaser to WALL-E.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 4th, 2008, 12:27 am

I was just watching the commentary for Ratatouille and caught something I'd missed before, probably because we didn't have a title yet. When Remy is running through an apartment near the beginning of the film (right before he realizes he is in Paris) he gets chased by a dog in one scene. Brad Bird mentions that that is a little teaser of a character that will be in Pixar's next film after WALL-E -- which we now know to be Up!

I'll try to post a screen shot this weekend.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » July 13th, 2008, 9:16 am

I thought it looked like BOLT. Like, a lot.
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 13th, 2008, 9:49 am

Oh yeah I forgot to do this! Will pull it up later, but it's definitely not Bolt. The commentary overlay relevant images on the screen while they're talking and there is a pictyre of the dog. Much more shaggy/fluffy than Bolt with some kind of weird collar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » July 13th, 2008, 10:48 am

Oh, I get it.
I just thought of the shade of that dog and it looked bolt-ish I think.
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]