AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 18th, 2009, 7:35 pm

AKA "Coming to Homerica". Here's a screencap:

Cute reference.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 18th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Yeah I thought it was cute too. :D Thanks for the screencap Daniel.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 18th, 2009, 11:53 pm

Foxtale wrote:So anyone still watch the Simpons because it is obvious that the people that make the show are just as obsessed with the new pixar movie as we are. Did anyone else notice the homage to UP in the latest episode of the Simpsons? (its on hulu right now, the one about border control and the Norwegians)
So, is their new preoccupation supposed to be old Brad Bird in-jokes, or just the general wannabe-"shock" value of tilting at the Sacred Cow of Pixar?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 20th, 2009, 9:41 am

Best Buy has an exclusive Disney/Pixar poster. You can purchase it for $4.99, or get it free by buying a certain Pixar DVD. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 20th, 2009, 1:46 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/movies/17murph.html

New York Times has a very interesting article about the character designs from UP and a neat interactive picture commentary.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 21st, 2009, 2:38 am

I think people are going to like this movie. Adventuresome, touching, and funny.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 22nd, 2009, 3:13 pm

Vernadyn wrote:I really, really hope that they decide to release this as a physical CD as well. It'll be frustrating if it isn't. I mean, you can get away with offering National Treasure and other Trevor Rabin clank-fests on digital only, but this is a Pixar score, for crying out loud! Here's hoping that Disney Records gets with the program...
Interestingly, when you go to Amazon page you linked to it states: "Also available in CD Format". Of course it links to a different CD but I wouldn't rule it out.

Anyhoo, there's going to be a sneak peek of Up tomorrow on Disney Channel during Cars: link (contains spoilers, mainly voices)

Also, Disney Store is starting to add Up shirts for Adults! I love this one featuring Dug. Squirrel! Looks so cute and a good color too. Another thing to add to my wish list. :roll:

(...ignoring the pre-order bumper for a Plush of Kevin... cute, but it's the big kind. :?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EHH123 » May 24th, 2009, 2:50 pm

I'm going to see this movie with my grandmother (or both grandparents). It only seems appropriate. :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 25th, 2009, 11:05 am

Wait...there's some doubt as to whether the score will come out on CD? :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 27th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Sadly, yes. At least in the US. As of now, it's only available for digital download from Amazon and iTunes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » May 27th, 2009, 5:08 pm

with 41 reviews in, it's still at 100% fresh @ RottenTomatoes :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tyler_Legrand » May 28th, 2009, 3:03 am

Armond White to the rescue

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » May 28th, 2009, 9:11 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been reading the site and posts for a while, but this is the first time I've actually registered. It'll be great to talk to other people who love animation as much as I do.

On-topic, I'm really looking forward to Up. The general consensus seems to be that the first thirty minutes or so is really beautiful and then it starts to become more run-of-the-mill, but nonetheless, it's Pixar and even their lesser films are very good.

By the way, when Carl speaks in the trailer, does anybody else think of Cosgrove from Freakazoid? Makes sense, since Ed Asner did both voices.

EDIT: Is there a reason my signature fails to show up, when it's clearly saved in my profile?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 28th, 2009, 2:05 pm

Do you have "yes" checked off on "Always attach my signature:" in your profile? That might be it. Fixed it for now, though it looks a little big. Welcome, BTW! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 28th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Yep, your sig image is a little big for our tastes around here.

But welcome to our boards...we hope you enjoy your stay! :)