Aladdin

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 17th, 2005, 12:07 pm

I actually enjoyed King of Thieves as well. It was no Aladdin, but it wasn't Cinderella II either!

And do I have a Return of Jafar horror story! For all those who watched it and hated it, imagine my torture! Return of Jafar was originally released back when I was working at Toys R Us. Normally, I worked in the back areas of the store assembling toys, unloading trucks, and packing up returned items to ship back. But on this day they were short handed and needed someone to put together some extra shelving for videos on the store floor. Right next to where I was working was the TV where they have videos playing and this was the day Return of Jafar was released. I thought to myself, "Cool! I get to get paid and watch this new movie!" Well we all know how bad it ended up being. But it was worse for me. Those store demo VCRs are set on repeat. I had to watch it over and over and over for 8 straight hours!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Nothing was changed for Simba's Pride. It was a rumor that went around, though none of the animation or timing has been switcherooed about.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Aladdin Musical Masterpiece Edition

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 11th, 2008, 10:59 am

Thought Aladdin went back to the vault in January,Disney made another Aladdin DVD in UK.
Special features are book with lyircs,a version of the film with only music and downloadable songs.
Here's the coverart:
It's much better then that ugly PE cover,all the character are on-model here,I think Jasmine looks the best :D I really like that clipart :D.
Could it be they"re releasing it to hint that Aladdin won't get another PE? or maybe they want to try again with Aladdin?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 11th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Looks more like the UK wants to unload all the DVDs it has stock in a nice little box set. ;) If the rumors prove true, Aladdin probably won't be a Platinum again... can't say I'm saddened. Love the film, but it just wasn't as profitable as it predecessor. (DVD-Platinum wise)

About the cover art, well, it's OK. Genie is basically recycled from the R1 edition as is Iago too it looks like, so essentually what's new is Aladdin and Jasmine; which I agree look better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 11th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Daniel wrote:Looks more like the UK wants to unload all the DVDs it has stock in a nice little box set. ;) If the rumors prove true, Aladdin probably won't be a Platinum again... can't say I'm saddened. Love the film, but it just wasn't as profitable as it predecessor. (DVD-Platinum wise)
And just to confirm, this IS the UK people talking among themselves, right?
The US R1 Aladdin platinum turned a tidy profit, and still is in good standing on the list, but has a few Blu releases ahead of it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » June 12th, 2008, 12:38 am

o___O

What happened to Aladdin's face???

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 13th, 2008, 12:41 pm

At first glance, Al's arm (the one without the lamp) looked like Jasmines. :lol:
EricJ wrote:And just to confirm, this IS the UK people talking among themselves, right?
Yep, for now at least. In no time we should have an announcement for a Blu-ray release.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 13th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Daniel wrote:If the rumors prove true, Aladdin probably won't be a Platinum again... can't say I'm saddened. Love the film, but it just wasn't as profitable as it predecessor. (DVD-Platinum wise).
But still,it's a very sucessful film (and has a Disney Princess in it).
Wait,you live in UK?.
About the cover art, well, it's OK. Genie is basically recycled from the R1 edition as is Iago too it looks like, so essentually what's new is Aladdin and Jasmine; which I agree look better.
I think the R1 and R2 covers are the same.
Yeah,Aladdin looks much better and on-model,Jasmine looks really great :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 13th, 2008, 1:47 pm

No, I don't live the UK? -- oh wait, I think I misunderstood what Eric wrote, thought he asked if it was the UK edition we were talking about... eck. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 13th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Oh,anyway the R1 and R2 covers are the same :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Aladdin

Post by Farerb » July 13th, 2022, 4:10 am

Aladdin is getting a Legacy Collection soundtrack:

JUST ANNOUNCED: Disney Music Emporium Pavilion Returns to D23 Expo with Exclusive and First-to-Market Vinyl Albums and More!
In addition to the 24 new offerings available at D23 Expo 2022, 10 titles are exclusive or first-to-market, including Encanto die-cut vinyl (featuring “Surface Pressure” and “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”), Enchanted (available for the first time on clear vinyl), Hocus Pocus (score-only on moon-variant vinyl), Minnie Lo-Fi (on purple orchid vinyl), Adventure Thru Inner Space (picture disc), The Lion King on Broadway (first time on vinyl), The Mandalorian Season 1 (exclusive sand-colored vinyl), Music from WandaVision (exclusive red vinyl), The Legacy Collection: Aladdin (exclusive CD), and Turning Red – The Mix (exclusive CD).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 13th, 2022, 6:32 am

If I’m reading that right, Aladdin's Legacy CD will only be available at D23…!?

Anyone likely to go so that we can organise a mass pickup of a few copies for people here? That’s pretty disappointing news if I’m reading that correctly…

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 13th, 2022, 10:56 pm

Yeah, Dan, if you're there, I'd love to score a copy of Aladdin, if possible. It does read like it'll be exclusive to the show, though it would be surprising if it didn't get sold elsewhere later.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Evergreen » August 4th, 2022, 6:21 pm

I really hope not... :( If so, hopefully it'll at least have a digital version released everywhere?

Personally, I interpreted it as saying that the LC release of Aladdin will be an exclusive the way Hunchback was exclusive--the physical version only being available through the Emporium, in other words. Whereas the past LC releases were available everywhere including Amazon. I hope that's the case rather than it turning out to be D23-only. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 4th, 2022, 8:58 pm

Ah, that’s a possibility, indeed…but it did read like it was an exclusive to be sold at D23. That would be pretty nuts to create a digibook package like the LCs have been for such a small number (comparatively speaking) for just those at D23, so hopefully you’re right, even if it was still really hard to get a copy of Hunchback over to me here in the UK.