Mega Mind

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 1st, 2010, 11:14 pm

I thought it was hinted at in the trailer who the end villain was. So if it is that person/thing/plant, I won't be surprised. I will still be seeing this, but the trailer has put it on my 'See On DVD' list as opposed to 'See It In The Cinema If You Can' list. If only they didn't confirm what I was thinking with Metro Man.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Mega Mind (formerly Oobermind & MasterMind)

Post by Whippet Angel » November 3rd, 2010, 4:42 pm

Yeah, it'll be the same for me. I still want to see it, but all that plot exposure has made me loose all interest I had in seeing the film at the theatre. Looks like I won't be seeing this one 'til it's available on Netflix.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » November 3rd, 2010, 11:24 pm

I'm planning on doing a double feature with both this and Due Date on Friday. Looking forward to both.

Also, kind of funny that Megamind is coming out the same day as Due Date, considering Robert Downey Jr was originally going to play the Megamind character.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mippa » November 6th, 2010, 9:54 pm

(Haven't posted much lately, but what the heck.)

I saw this today - I had the movie spoiled for me, but I was still interested for some reason. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's probably not saying much, but it was, in my opinion, a great deal better than Despicable Me, and I felt the characters had much more charm and wit than the trailers gave it credit for.

There are some plot points that for me personally I am glad they didn't spoil for us. Primarily the romantic subplot for Tina Fey's character. I really found myself enjoying that more than anything (it's been a long time since I smiled that hard watching a movie) and the banter between David Cross (who is a real talent) as Minion and Will Ferrell as Megamind was a big treat - and another thing we really didn't get a lot of advance notice of.

I love Pixar, don't get me wrong. But there are certain niches that I appreciate about DW's work that make it feel more like 'they made this for someone like me' than Pixar does. Pixar is ultimately successful because they have that universal language that Disney in its heyday had. I find that Dreamworks isn't a consistent go-to studio for me, but - well, when they make a movie I like, I sincerely love it.

And I sincerely adored Megamind. Maybe I need to re-watch the Incredibles, but I found this super-fresh and fun.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 7th, 2010, 2:25 pm

Wow I was hardly spoiled at all, and am glad I didn't read this thread this week before seeing the film. Lots of spoilers in here! May need to start watching that...

AV review should be up by tomorrow.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 7th, 2010, 4:38 pm

The spoilers discussed openly in this thread all appeared in the official marketing of the film. The official main trailer for MegaMind spoiled a lot of the main plot points.

Look forward to your review James.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 9th, 2010, 10:44 am

Animated Views review is online:
http://animatedviews.com/2010/megamind

And as always... spoiler free! ;)

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 9th, 2010, 10:52 am

I am waiting for the Puss In Boots movie instead.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 9th, 2010, 12:36 pm

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to that one. I'm not a huge fan of the Shrek franchise, but I do love that cat. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 16th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Funny mashup of "Megamind" and "Iron Man":

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Re:

Post by Duke Remington » May 3rd, 2011, 10:42 am

estefan wrote:I feel Chicken Run was Aardman's best feature. Great story, hilarious joke and sight-gag after another (without just relying on chicken puns), likeable characters, note-perfect atmosphere and unlike in Pocahontas, Mel Gibson actually turned in a fun, voice-over performance (though, it helps that Rocky was a lot more interesting and better written character than John Smith). I still feel it's the best feature in the DreamWorks Animation catalogue.
FYI, John Smith IS a fun and interesting character, too, in his own way (at least in the original film--he was changed for the worst in that awful non-canonical direct-to-video sequel). He's more fully-developed than many of Disney's other animated leading men. If you read more fully-written analyses of him, you'll agree.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 3rd, 2011, 12:45 pm

So...did Estefan take your girlfriend away from you or something, Duke?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2011, 1:50 pm

I wouldn't bet against it Dacey!

As posted in two other threads, something's obviously up here with Remington's attitude toward Estefan.

Again you are picking up on a post made months ago - in this case September 2010, which is just astonishing and a clear case of targeting a specific forum member. Whatever your problem is with Estefan, Remington, you need to deal with it, or you'll go back to long-time lurker, no-time poster.

As I'm sure you've seen me say around here before, play nice. How about actually starting to contribute to where the discussions are now as opposed to finding old quotes from someone and insulting them? Therein lies nothing but a way to get yourself booted as quickly as you arrived.

I think an apology and explanation to Estefan would be appropriate, don't you?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » May 4th, 2011, 11:32 am

Yeah, I'm totally lost on the attraction towards me.

What's interesting is after claiming I'm too negative, he then quotes a post where I'm pretty much praised Chicken Run to high heaven.

But, again this is from ages ago to the point where I don't even remember why I wrote about Chicken Run on a thread about Megamind.